RealModScene
zigga

What are the best ports to use

My ports are 3071-3072. Default. Also I was wondering where are all the English speaking link players..? Or it just me. I'm just wondering if my port selection has something to do with me not connecting to North American players or are their just not many of us playing on link!?!

I think ports dont matter...MAYBE IM NOT SURE..which game are you playing?..make sure you are on the latest title update..maybe north american players are there but they arent using a headphone/headset...

I changed ports many times all seems to be the same.. Usually there are more players on latest title update...

I'm playing most of the top 5... FPS Games.. I started playing BLUR.. A racing game that is really fun FYI. Just seems like mostly South America players on link most of the time witch is no biggie to me.. It would just be nice to chat with fellow link players from time to time.. I'll add you to my friends list or you add me to yours.. Cool thanks. Ps. Does port selection have any effect on connection speed..?? Just wondering. ✌ðŸ¾ï¸âœŒðŸ¾âœŒðŸ¾

I dont think connection depends upon which ports you have triggered/forwarded for your xbox..it usually depends upon your internet speed obviously,ping,and how far are you from host...do you play black ops 2? If yes then whats your xboxunity username?...im not sure what information i gave you before and now is correct ..i maybe wrong..wait for replies from admins.

so what ports are the best for that.. i never have any issue when hosting with the default ports.. or any ports for that matter. im just trying to see if im missing out on something here. thanks.

so what ports are the best for that.. i never have any issue when hosting with the default ports.. or any ports for that matter. im just trying to see if im missing out on something here. thanks.

The actual ports used doesn't make much difference, the main reason you can change them is for when you have multiple consoles or problems hosting (sometimes on some routers another set of ports work better then the default ones)

If it's working (you don't have any major issues) then you don't need to change the ports, they don't magically make your connection better or anything like that...

Do you have an Technicolor Modem/Router?

I have one... and I can't make the LiNK-Test... BUT I see the lobbies and the players!

The actual ports used doesn't make much difference, the main reason you can change them is for when you have multiple consoles or problems hosting (sometimes on some routers another set of ports work better then the default ones)

If it's working (you don't have any major issues) then you don't need to change the ports, they don't magically make your connection better or anything like that...

Thank you for making that clear to me.. Also thank the whole team for all your hard work..✌ðŸ¾ï¸ðŸ‘ðŸ¾ðŸ‘‘

Do you have an Technicolor Modem/Router?

I have one... and I can't make the LiNK-Test... BUT I see the lobbies and the players!

If it doesnt pass the test, you can still play, but you cannot host a game. ;) 

If it doesnt pass the test, you can still play, but you cannot host a game. ;)

I have been told that a million times..but for some reason when my ports fail i dont see games and rooms...why is that so?..i dont have any problems now... im just asking

I have been told that a million times..but for some reason when my ports fail i dont see games and rooms...why is that so?..i dont have any problems now... im just asking

In most cases it works even if the tests fails, but in some cases it doesn't, most issues are down to the connection/network hardware used tho

I couldnt tell you, but as far as I know, all of the room info is sent over http protocol, so even if it didnt connect to a game, you should still get that information. Or so I would think.

Simply put your xbox near router :D

Or connect it to router with ethernet cable (best way)

Also you can configure your router like 40Mhz power , 11n , 300mbs , and 11th or 13th channel (according to local law and type of router)

*edit*

The ports you use , do not affect location , it's working another way :

For example you play COD : Black Ops 2 . You create a server , and everybody will connect to YOUR server , actually to your xbox . The same if you connect , you connect to xbox of another man which is located somewhere in the world . But you won't see another servers unless you are in the same room in system link .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk