RealModScene
Chrishockey55

XEBUILD 1.17, XEBUILD GUI 2.098 AND DASHLAUNCH 3.17 RELEASED WITH 17502 SUPPORT

After update Aurora does infinite TU scan ... Any suggestions what can be the problem ?

Something with your Aurora installation got corrupted perhaps, delete your Aurora installation and do a fresh install

Something with your Aurora installation got corrupted perhaps, delete your Aurora installation and do a fresh install

it looks like it didn't helped ;(

anyway , do i really need the TU scan , if i'm installing TU's from Aurora's menu ?

it looks like it didn't helped ;(

anyway , do i really need the TU scan , if i'm installing TU's from Aurora's menu ?

No, and it's disabled after first run by default

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thanks for this Swizzy and the super cool guide. Everything worked like a breeze following your instructions. My console is now updated to1 7502 kernel and dash launch 3.17 which was already updated when I flashed the bin file. Is this a given? The only thing I want to highlight is that when I downloaded the avatar update and put in the USB, it didn't prompt me for a update. I followed the instruction and even changed the folder name to $$ystemUpdate but it still didn't detect the avatar update. But both my avatar and Kinect works fine though. Just wanted to check in and see if this is normal. I Was on the 17489 kernel with dash launch 3.16 prior to this.

Thanks for this Swizzy and the super cool guide. Everything worked like a breeze following your instructions. My console is now updated to1 7502 kernel and dash launch 3.17 which was already updated when I flashed the bin file. Is this a given? The only thing I want to highlight is that when I downloaded the avatar update and put in the USB, it didn't prompt me for a update. I followed the instruction and even changed the folder name to $$ystemUpdate but it still didn't detect the avatar update. But both my avatar and Kinect works fine though. Just wanted to check in and see if this is normal. I Was on the 17489 kernel with dash launch 3.16 prior to this.

3.17 is a given when you use my releases yes, well the latest dashlaunch... default settings are to include Dashlaunch at buildtime, rather then installing later...

Regarding the avatar update, that's somewhat abnormal unless you use a dualboot in which case it's perfectly normal, every new dash update requires you to re-install the avatar data, even if they haven't really changed for a very long time, they just update the version fields these days... but each version checks for it's own versions files to load... therefor, they need to be re-installed again...

Most will need $$ystemUpdate, some will need $SystemUpdate, sometimes people that are unsure of what to do go for both on the same device, some also have to start a game or something (personally i always start XEXMenu to trigger the update prompt)

3.17 is a given when you use my releases yes, well the latest dashlaunch... default settings are to include Dashlaunch at buildtime, rather then installing later...

Regarding the avatar update, that's somewhat abnormal unless you use a dualboot in which case it's perfectly normal, every new dash update requires you to re-install the avatar data, even if they haven't really changed for a very long time, they just update the version fields these days... but each version checks for it's own versions files to load... therefor, they need to be re-installed again...

Most will need $$ystemUpdate, some will need $SystemUpdate, sometimes people that are unsure of what to do go for both on the same device, some also have to start a game or something (personally i always start XEXMenu to trigger the update prompt)

Thanks for the quick reply Swizzy. I actually tried both folder names, i.e. $SystemUpdate and $$ystemUpdate but it didn't trigger any updates. I have 2 questions based on your replies. What is dualboot and what is xexmenu? I tried starting games on disc and on hdd, still no trigger for new update. But isn't the avator and kinect not supposed to work if it is not updated after flashing the nand? both my avatar and kinect works perfectly. Thanks for your patience with me.

Yes, without it neither the avatars or Kinect should work...

XEXMenu is a homebrew app similar to Aurora/FSD, just simpler and older...

Dualboot is when you run both retail and hacked on the same machine, switching between them

Sent from my SM-G903F

Yes, without it neither the avatars or Kinect should work...

XEXMenu is a homebrew app similar to Aurora/FSD, just simpler and older...

Dualboot is when you run both retail and hacked on the same machine, switching between them

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thanks for your answers Swizzy. How would i know if i have dualboot? Also since my kinect and avatar is working fine, is there anything i should worry about since the updates were not detected?

Thanks for your answers Swizzy. How would i know if i have dualboot? Also since my kinect and avatar is working fine, is there anything i should worry about since the updates were not detected?

Do you have a switch or something in the front/back of your console? most likely - you don't have a dual boot as you would most likely know about it if you did... (it requires additional hardware installed in your console to switch between retail and hacked)

If your avatars are working, that means the update was installed already one way or another, since it's already installed - the update won't be triggered (you don't need to update)

Do you have a switch or something in the front/back of your console? most likely - you don't have a dual boot as you would most likely know about it if you did... (it requires additional hardware installed in your console to switch between retail and hacked)

If your avatars are working, that means the update was installed already one way or another, since it's already installed - the update won't be triggered (you don't need to update)

Yes, i definitely don't have a dualboot setup for sure. Thanks for clearing that up. Glad all worked fine anyway and once again many thanks for your assistance and your awesome work for all of us. Have a beer on me!

Hello All!

II have a question if you do not mind.

Is there any possibility to increase the volume of the audio output and less so to control it from the dashlaunch? Or another possibility to control audio volume on the RGH console.

Thanks!

Hello All!

II have a question if you do not mind.

Is there any possibility to increase the volume of the audio output and less so to control it from the dashlaunch? Or another possibility to control audio volume on the RGH console.

Thanks!

Whats wrong with adjusting the volume of your tv/monitor using the remote/pracitcal buttons on your screen?..

I dont think xbox has any speakers so you could adjust the volume of that speaker which is in the xbox...

I maybe wrong...but for me i dont think it will be very useful... I think i didnt change my volume in ages because i have set it in the perfect sweet spot for me

• Like 2

Tk,

My headphones are connected directly to the console, the sound is heard little easier, I thought it may fail to increase less directly from the console software.
I also have a mediaplayer Dune and from there I were able to amplify the sound by 50% directly from the software and control it by remote control.
Both console and media player are related to the same headset.

hi! Im new here and not really a techy and I know this is not the right forum but hopefully more can see it and one of you can help me. I'll really need an answer asap so that it will still be in their shop warranty. 

I just got an xbox 360 jtag and want to confirm if the store is telling the truth.

They told me the most stable kernel they can give me is 17150 and the latest dashboard they can give me is freestyle 3 that i need to only change themes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, from what I read you need the lastest kernel to play the latest games and the stability depends on how you installed it. The dashboard i checked showed version 2.2 and if what I read on your forum is right it is already discontinued and the latest one is 3.0. 

Is there anything else I need to check or ask them to do? 

hi! Im new here and not really a techy and I know this is not the right forum but hopefully more can see it and one of you can help me. I'll really need an answer asap so that it will still be in their shop warranty. 

I just got an xbox 360 jtag and want to confirm if the store is telling the truth.

They told me the most stable kernel they can give me is 17150 and the latest dashboard they can give me is freestyle 3 that i need to only change themes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, from what I read you need the lastest kernel to play the latest games and the stability depends on how you installed it. The dashboard i checked showed version 2.2 and if what I read on your forum is right it is already discontinued and the latest one is 3.0. 

Is there anything else I need to check or ask them to do?

The shop is either not telling you the truth or has been living in a cave. The latest dash kernel is 17502. The latest version of freestyle dash is 3.0.775. Either ask them to update for you or update it yourself with the easy guide found here. Ask any questions you want and help will be available to you. I learnt about updating my dash from here too.
  • Like 2

FSD Has aswell been discontinued, Aurora 0.5b is the latest dash, FSD no longer works fully (unless using the unofficial updates)

17502 is just as stable as 17150, no idea where they got any other info from, however they're likely using J-Runner which stopped being updated around there somewhere...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thanks for the reply guys!

Just as I suspected. The store is giving me BS. I just texted them and still have not received a reply yet. I was really considering doing everything myself but with the soldering and stuff, I was not confident enough to do it. The steps here for the sofware part are really easy to follow. Kudos to the site. I'll bring it back to them without touching the software for they might complain broke it or something.

Just want to clarify one thing though, the kernel needs to be updated so there won't be any problems with the games right? 

I plan to refer them back here when i go to there store for they straight up lie to your face. 

I really appreciate the help guys!

• Like 13

the kernel needs to be updated so there won't be any problems with the games right?

Yeah you are right...update it just to make sure you get NO problems while playing any games..

And also make sure you are following swizzys guide..

I reccomend swizzys guide because if you have any problems you will get solutions much quicker and swizzy will understand it more easily..

• Like 2

Hopefully the last question I have, the updates should work on any model of xbox right? I just want to be prepared with any lie they can come up with.

Hopefully the last question I have, the updates should work on any model of xbox right? I just want to be prepared with any lie they can come up with.

Yes, the kernel updates work on all model of consoles, they work exactly the same way on all models (the only model that it's not available on is Winchester, but that's because it hasn't been hacked yet)

Essentially, if you follow my guide and use my tools, i always update with defaults set to the latest known stable version, i'm part of the team that makes these updates for you guys, after Microsoft releases a new kernel we update our patches for it and test it, there's been very little issues for a long time now as there's been very small changes that makes no big difference to our patches (just a few offsets shifting really)

My wife just talked to them and they insisted there is no need to update due to its the most stable kernel. Sigh. Whats are the new games that needs the new kernel? I feel like we are going to be stuck with this and never get our moneys worth.

Note: If your in the Philippines, avoid Brochiere stores. Especially the one in Festival Supermall. Aside from this problem, she told us the system did not startup after their initial mod due to their handling and when we got mad about it. She told us not to be so negative about it. When we picked it up again, I asked if everything is up to date. They said yes.

My wife just talked to them and they insisted there is no need to update due to its the most stable kernel. Sigh. Whats are the new games that needs the new kernel? I feel like we are going to be stuck with this and never get our moneys worth.

Note: If your in the Philippines, avoid Brochiere stores. Especially the one in Festival Supermall. Aside from this problem, she told us the system did not startup after their initial mod due to their handling and when we got mad about it. She told us not to be so negative about it. When we picked it up again, I asked if everything is up to date. They said yes.

Well, if 17502(latest one) wasnt stable i dont know why xebuild was released...obviuosly it is as stable as any other kernel verison..

the latest kernel will be required in some way or other..maybe a TU?

Now we know we should do more research before doing something..

• Like 1

I updated to 17502 flawlessly and installed all the right updates. Now my unity account isn't working with Aurora. I have tried creating other accounts, activating them via email on the way. The original account made on JQE still works on FSD3. All I see is, "did you activate and did you type the wrong password in?" Is that the equivalent of an IT guy asking if you've turned the computer off and on? 

All I see is, "did you activate and did you type the wrong password in?" Is that the equivalent of an IT guy asking if you've turned the computer off and on?

Pretty much yeah =)