RealModScene
Chrishockey55

DASHLAUNCH 3.17 : 17502 KERNEL SUPPORT ADDED

I'm using Aurora 0.5b with an older Dashlaunch version than 3.17. Is there any non destructive way to update the dashlaunch? because I didn't find an online update procedure like the one we have in Aurora.

I'm using Aurora 0.5b with an older Dashlaunch version than 3.17. Is there any non destructive way to update the dashlaunch? because I didn't find an online update procedure like the one we have in Aurora.

Updating dashlaunch along isn't very useful, what you really want to do is update Dashlaunch AND your kernel at the same time (the kernel is what's most important to update as it fixes issues with games and whatnot while dashlaunch primarily adds new features)

Noob question. My history: I've never used Dashlaunch, honestly i've wondered if i've had dashlaunch on my xbox. After power on, i go to FSD, game liblary and then start playing game. After some problems with newer games, i've to update my dash to newer version. I want to back diablo 3 RoS, but cuase of error FATAL CRASH INTERCEPTED, i try to find solution. Yesterday i updated xbox to the newest version (17502). Then i use XEX, not ISO2GOD (i prefer ISO2GOD). FSD is not supported anymore, so i try to use Aurora. I put it on internal HDD and launch from FSD. Guess i can set to start it like i start FSD, but it's not important.

I've tried to find dashlaunch on my xbox, explore internal hdd (all dir), but no success. But when i try to launch DashLaunch 3.17 (default.xex) i get info "Version of DashLaunch is incorrect. Now running V3.16 (577). Do you want to update?" Three options: Update, Cancel, Exit. So i guess i have DashLaunch, but i dunno where...

Question: do i need DashLaunch? I don't use it or i don't know that i use it....

Noob question. My history: I've never used Dashlaunch, honestly i've wondered if i've had dashlaunch on my xbox. After power on, i go to FSD, game liblary and then start playing game. After some problems with newer games, i've to update my dash to newer version. I want to back diablo 3 RoS, but cuase of error FATAL CRASH INTERCEPTED, i try to find solution. Yesterday i updated xbox to the newest version (17502). Then i use XEX, not ISO2GOD (i prefer ISO2GOD). FSD is not supported anymore, so i try to use Aurora. I put it on internal HDD and launch from FSD. Guess i can set to start it like i start FSD, but it's not important.

I've tried to find dashlaunch on my xbox, explore internal hdd (all dir), but no success. But when i try to launch DashLaunch 3.17 (default.xex) i get info "Version of DashLaunch is incorrect. Now running V3.16 (577). Do you want to update?" Three options: Update, Cancel, Exit. So i guess i have DashLaunch, but i dunno where...

Question: do i need DashLaunch? I don't use it or i don't know that i use it....

Dashlaunch is what makes fsd boot when you start the console, since you just updated to 17502 it's odd that you have 3.16 ( it doesn't support 17502, unless you use a patched one, which means you likely have some of the unofficial patches) i would recommend that you follow the tutorial linked in my signature below and download what it links to...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I've checked your guide (1st page) earlier. All these is what i done yesterday.

Dump nand (simple 360 nand flasher), prepare new dash (xebuild gui), update dash (updflash.bin using simple 360 nand flasher). Later i change folder from $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate to get complete update dashboard (avatar and kinnect driver). All these works perfect.

I've just checked and i have shortcut to Freestyle in Micrsoft Dashboard (done by Quickboot Launcher). But dunno there is path to DashLaunch....I have in File Manager in FSD:

ROOT ->

- Game:     (i guess it's my FSD folder)

- Hdd1:     (internal HDD)

- Usb0:      (external HDD)

- USBMU0:   (external HDD using by xbox 360)

- USBMUCache0: (as above i guess)

What is GAME? Where is it? Internal HDD?

GAME: included:

- Data

- Media

- Plugins

- Skins

and file:

Database.xmplr 

default.xex

live.json

Nuidentity.bin.de

nuisp1033

nxeart

Default.xex starts FSD.

HDD1 included:

- $SystemUpdate

- $TitleUpdate

- Cache

- Content

- FreeStyle

- mindex

- xm360v2.0d , aurora 0.5b, dash_launch_v.3.17 <---- i've copy this apps

FreeStyle's dir contains the same what GAME:

So, where i should search for DashLaunch?

And second question - Can i simple click UPDATE when i get info about incompability version of DashLauch after launch default.xex in Installer dir? (dash_lauch_v3.17/Installer/deafult.exe).

I've checked your guide (1st page) earlier. All these is what i done yesterday.

Dump nand (simple 360 nand flasher), prepare new dash (xebuild gui), update dash (updflash.bin using simple 360 nand flasher). Later i change folder from $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate to get complete update dashboard (avatar and kinnect driver). All these works perfect.

I've just checked and i have shortcut to Freestyle in Micrsoft Dashboard (done by Quickboot Launcher). But dunno there is path to DashLaunch....I have in File Manager in FSD:

ROOT ->

- Game: (i guess it's my FSD folder)

- Hdd1: (internal HDD)

- Usb0: (external HDD)

- USBMU0: (external HDD using by xbox 360)

- USBMUCache0: (as above i guess)

What is GAME? Where is it? Internal HDD?

GAME: included:

- Data

- Media

- Plugins

- Skins

and file:

Database.xmplr

default.xex

live.json

Nuidentity.bin.de

nuisp1033

nxeart

Default.xex starts FSD.

HDD1 included:

- $SystemUpdate

- $TitleUpdate

- Cache

- Content

- FreeStyle

- mindex

- xm360v2.0d , aurora 0.5b, dash_launch_v.3.17 <---- i've copy this apps

FreeStyle's dir contains the same what GAME:

So, where i should search for DashLaunch?

And second question - Can i simple click UPDATE when i get info about incompability version of DashLauch after launch default.xex in Installer dir? (dash_lauch_v3.17/Installer/deafult.exe).

It should probably be in your hdd or usb0.. If you cant find it for some reason just delete your old versions of dashlaunch and just download the latest version from this site and copy it to your hdd/usb0 and then go to installer then launch the .xex file through aurora's file manager/browser..

And then when you have the latest dashlaunch go to paths and then you will see default click on it and locate it to your aurora.xex file in your usb or hdd..amd then press rb and save and load it to your hdd..

There are several videos on YT how to do this..just search for xxmoddedwarfarexx he produces very good videos that are easy to understand..

It should probably be in your hdd or usb0.. If you cant find it for some reason just delete your old versions of dashlaunch and just download the latest version from this site and copy it to your hdd/usb0 and then go to installer then launch the .xex file through aurora's file manager/browser..

And then when you have the latest dashlaunch go to paths and then you will see default click on it and locate it to your aurora.xex file in your usb or hdd..amd then press rb and save and load it to your hdd..

There are several videos on YT how to do this..just search for xxmoddedwarfarexx he produces very good videos that are easy to understand..

It's quite hard to delete something when i don't know where it is :) When i launch default.xex from installer of DashLaunch i can only Update to newer version, Cancel or Exit. When i choose Cancel, i get menu of DashLaunch 3.16. Exit causes exit to FSD. Update - i've not checked. I'm not sure if it's safe.

Most tutorial is about install DashLaunch in case you don't have ANY DashLaunch. I have, but unfortunately i don't now where, i only use FreeStyle.

It's quite hard to delete something when i don't know where it is :) When i launch default.xex from installer of DashLaunch i can only Update to newer version, Cancel or Exit. When i choose Cancel, i get menu of DashLaunch 3.16. Exit causes exit to FSD. Update - i've not checked. I'm not sure if it's safe.

Most tutorial is about install DashLaunch in case you don't have ANY DashLaunch. I have, but unfortunately i don't now where, i only use FreeStyle.

So you are on dashlaunch 3.16 for some reason and you want it to be latest ..obviously latest one with the latest dash..

So you can find out where your dashlaunch 3.16 folder is right?

Just delete that folder of dashlaunch from your hdd/usb..i mean just remove the whole folder of dashlaunch from the root of the device..

Amd download the latest one and copy it..

I have not updated the dashlaunch from it directly so idk about it..

Actually I haven't understood you properly how can you launch the default.xex from the installer of dashlaunch if you dont know where the dashlaunch is in the first place..

So you are on dashlaunch 3.16 for some reason and you want it to be latest ..obviously latest one with the latest dash..

So you can find out where your dashlaunch 3.16 folder is right?

Just delete that folder of dashlaunch from your hdd/usb..i mean just remove the whole folder of dashlaunch from the root of the device..

Amd download the latest one and copy it..

I have not updated the dashlaunch from it directly so idk about it..

Actually I haven't understood you properly how can you launch the default.xex from the installer of dashlaunch if you dont know where the dashlaunch is in the first place..

As i said, i've had the newest dashboard (17502). Until today i don't know about existing Dashlaunch. When i power on x360, it starts in microsoft dash and i have shortcut (last played games) to FreeStyle. In FSD i choose game and start playing. Simple and quite fast. Cause of problem with Diablo 3 RoS (quite often i get FATAL ERROR INTERCEPTED) i try to figure out what can help. I update MS dash to the newest (including avatar). I've changed ISO2GOD to XEX. Next step, i'm going to use Aurora instead of FreeStyle, and get some TU. Maybe it helps. But, here i get info about DashLaunch. I've thought i don't have it. So i download it (ver. 3.17), put on pendrive, then internal HDD and in folder DashLaunch/Installer, there is file "default.xex". when i launch it, i get info that my DL is not compatibile with 17502 and what i want to do : UPDATE / CANCEL / EXIT.

So, there are 2 questions:

1. if i have DL 3.16, no problem to using FreeStyle or Aurora with MS Dash 17502?

2. Is it safe to UPDATE DL by using default.xex from INSTALLER folder in DL 3.17?

I don't know where is DL 3.16. Above i list what folders i have in internal HDD. Any ideas?

Dashlaunch 3.16 is not compatible with latest JTAG/RGH Dashboard 17502, you should update to latest 3.17. Use the default.xex from the installer folder from Dashlaunch. If Dashlaunch is in your case installed, its in your Nand. Only the launch.ini can be stored on diffrent storage data devices, like Nand, Hdd, or Usb.

Dashlaunch 3.16 is not compatible with latest JTAG/RGH Dashboard 17502, you should update to latest 3.17. Use the default.xex from the installer folder from Dashlaunch. If Dashlaunch is in your case installed, its in your Nand. Only the launch.ini can be stored on diffrent storage data devices, like Nand, Hdd, or Usb.

Sorry, but i'm not sure if i understand right. I try to figure out what is NAND. Do i have access to NAND using file manager in FSD/Aurora?

One thing is pretty sure - my DL has to be updated to 3.17

I wonder why i have DL 3.16, cause last time i update MS dash, DL 3.16 hasn't been released yet. It was about november 2014 (yeah yeah, quite old, but everything works perfectly, i have a lot of old game to finish). So if i've DL 3.16 now, which was released October 2015, i start to think how i update DL.

I've checked guide linked in Swizzy's signature. Step 4 - General Settings. There is screenshot with options of xebuild gui. Right, above the middle, there is MISC OPTIONS (Include Dashlaunch, Include custom Dashlaunch settings, etc). I'm pretty sure that i've choosed these options, when i've prepared the nand to 17502. Now there is a question - why xebuild gui (v. 2.094) hasn't used compatibile version of DL to 17502? Weird.....

Try the same next again? (dumping my nand, build nand using xebuild gui once again [from 17502 to 17502 :D])

Other way is to do update when i run default.xex from installer dir in DL 3.17 as Dr.Gonzo's stated above.

Which options is better in my case?

Sorry, but i'm not sure if i understand right. I try to figure out what is NAND. Do i have access to NAND using file manager in FSD/Aurora?

One thing is pretty sure - my DL has to be updated to 3.17

I wonder why i have DL 3.16, cause last time i update MS dash, DL 3.16 hasn't been released yet. It was about november 2014 (yeah yeah, quite old, but everything works perfectly, i have a lot of old game to finish). So if i've DL 3.16 now, which was released October 2015, i start to think how i update DL.

I've checked guide linked in Swizzy's signature. Step 4 - General Settings. There is screenshot with options of xebuild gui. Right, above the middle, there is MISC OPTIONS (Include Dashlaunch, Include custom Dashlaunch settings, etc). I'm pretty sure that i've choosed these options, when i've prepared the nand to 17502. Now there is a question - why xebuild gui (v. 2.094) hasn't used compatibile version of DL to 17502? Weird.....

Try the same next again? (dumping my nand, build nand using xebuild gui once again [from 17502 to 17502 :D])

Other way is to do update when i run default.xex from installer dir in DL 3.17 as Dr.Gonzo's stated above.

Which options is better in my case?

2.094 is old, the latest build is 2.098... any version of 2.094 with 17502 is unofficial and have patches made by a random person on the internet, often bundled with a patched dashlaunch made by the same people... it may "work" but can just as easily not work fully

I would for sure do a full nand update with proper patches rather then just update dashlaunch...

Sent from my SM-G903F

2.094 is old, the latest build is 2.098... any version of 2.094 with 17502 is unofficial and have patches made by a random person on the internet, often bundled with a patched dashlaunch made by the same people... it may "work" but can just as easily not work fully

I would for sure do a full nand update with proper patches rather then just update dashlaunch...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Done. Works perfectly. Thanks a lot! When i run DashLaunch 3.17 there is no info about wrong version. 

Now i try to replace Aurora instead of FreeStyle and read about DashLaunch (maybe it's useful or only necessery to have FSD/Aurora?) 

You only need one of them, but i recommend also having xexmenu installed as a backup if something goes wrong with aurora causing it to crash/fail to start

Sent from my SM-G903F

I think i deal with it, but.....i choose xex version and via usb and file manager copy to HDD1: content : 0000000....00 : C0DE9999. Btw there is FreeStyle there. Then back to MS dash, check "my games" and i have FreeStyle and XexMenu. When i run XexMenu i can't do anything. It's hard to explain where i'm. I only see 394F07D4 which is title id of Diablo 3 RoS...

Update. Ok, i was in GAMES DISCOVERY. Only one game, cause the rest is in ISO2GOD, not XEX, right? RB1 helps to change it. Now i have XexMenu, it's like some king of file manager, right?

Can I put Aurora like Xexmenu and freestyle in content/0000..000/C0DE9999 to have it in GAME LIBLARY?

• Like 3

Update. Ok, i was in GAMES DISCOVERY. Only one game, cause the rest is in ISO2GOD, not XEX, right? RB1 helps to change it. Now i have XexMenu, it's like some king of file manager, right?

Can I put Aurora like Xexmenu and freestyle in content/0000..000/C0DE9999 to have it in GAME LIBLARY?

Yes xexmenu is a basic file manager/browser..

Why do you want to put aurora in code9999 folder?

If you want to make aurora a main dashboard..i mean when you boot your xbox it will directly go into aurora..

If you want it to happen instead of launching aurora through nxe game library..

Just go to dashlaunch:paths:select it:then locate it to your aurora's xex file:then press rb:then save and load to your hdd:exit dashlaunch: done.

• Like 1

Yes xexmenu is a basic file manager/browser..

Why do you want to put aurora in code9999 folder?

If you want to make aurora a main dashboard..i mean when you boot your xbox it will directly go into aurora..

If you want it to happen instead of launching aurora through nxe game library..

Just go to dashlaunch:paths:select it:then locate it to your aurora's xex file:then press rb:then save and load to your hdd:exit dashlaunch: done.

When i boot xbox, i want it to start with MS dash, then choose from MY GAMES or RECENT GAMES Aurora. Now i can choose Freestyle or Xexmenu. Both of these, i have in code9999 folder, so i guess Aurora should be there too. 

So question is, what should i do, to be able to choose Aurora or Freestyle from MS Dash.

So question is, what should i do, to be able to choose Aurora or Freestyle from MS Dash.

Use Quickboot 2.1 to create a shortcut Container, to launch Aurora directly from Xbox 360 NXE Dashboard.

• Like 2

When i boot xbox, i want it to start with MS dash, then choose from MY GAMES or RECENT GAMES Aurora. Now i can choose Freestyle or Xexmenu. Both of these, i have in code9999 folder, so i guess Aurora should be there too. 

Look for a program called Quickboot (2.1? me thinks) Then you can make a shortcut that you can install to CODE9999 folder.

• Like 1

Hey guys nd spcl thanx to the Admin for letting me in to this world..

Plz help me nd suggest me the procedure to get me out fro this prob.

I have recently update my Machine to Version 17502 from 17350 dash board nd its successfully done but now when i want to put XEX 1.2 in it the problem arises  that my xbox now not configuring the USB stick or any harddisk..its simple ased to format nd transfer data nd stuff like tht but now how can i configure the usb nd inject the XEX 1.2 in it??? Plz help my dear ones..thank u..

just put XEXMenu in the appropriate structure direct on the HDD

no me funciona si no tengo el daslaunch 17502 es obligatorio

This is an english forum..speak english..

• Like 2