RealModScene
Jeje le tech

two xbox on the same lan can't play together in LiNK

Hello

i have two xbox at home on the same lan . each xbox has its own jqe account and can play on LiNK is the host is outside the Lan .

but if the host is one of the 2 xbox i got , the other xbox can't see any game , despite they are on the same lobby/room on LiNK .

any chance that this problem will be fixed in a future release ?

Thanks for reading me

Jéjé le tech

Yes you need to give each their own unique ports for incoming and outgoing (assigned in FSD). They can't use the same ports. Then you need to forward the ports you've chosed to the static IP addresses of the respective xboxes (assigned in router).

Thanks for your replies ....

each xbox has its own jqe account

xbox1 uses port 3071 and 3072

xbox2 uses port 3078 and 3079

each xbox is able to play on LiNK without any problems ..... ( each test is ok )

the problem is : xbox1 can't see any games if xbox2 is hosting and vice-versa

Xbox1 and Xbox2 can play the same game on LiNK on the same host without any problem ...

the only problem is when the host in one of the two xbox ...

i hope you understand my problem

best regards , Jérôme

I see. This is typical of routing protocols. Your router see's traffic that is destined between your local xboxes. It will not pass this traffic outside your lan as it thinks the best route is directly in your lan. However JQE expects the traffic and that's why you can't see your host.

The only solutions I can think of (outside of Link developers making special consideration to accomodate inside LAN traffic) is to build a static route that directs traffic from those ports to the JQE server. If you can't build static routes., perhaps your router supports VLANS you could put each xbox in a seperate VLAN and delete the built-in static route between the VLANS. This should force each VLAN to go outside your lan to find the route.

http://en.wikipedia..../Static_routing

Or 1:1 map two external IP addresses (if you can get them) to each xbox.

If none of this is possible. You can try something: assign each xbox a static DHCP address (different from static IP Address) delete your port forwards, make sure UPNP is turned on. (UPNP works only with DHCP). There's a chance that UPNP NAT traversal could handle the traffic properly (I doubt it will work but worth a shot).

Another idea I just thought of: use a NON-Link FSD on one of your xboxes. Use the LINK xbox as host. Try the non-link xbox to connect to the host.

ok

first of all .. thxs for understanding my problem ...

i will try your suggestion to build a static route that will allow traffic from specific ports directly to jqe server ...

i mean if it is xbox1 who is hosting , i just have to build a static route for xbox2

Btw , i already tested a non Link FSD , it doesn't see the Link xbox

easiest way to play together is to unload fsd plugin ( settings / plugin settings / unload fsd ) on both xbox and then play with xbslink or xlink kai , like the good old days lol ...

once again a big thanks for your comment ...

To be continued ....

re

seems pretty hard to create a static route on my freebox , --> i have to put my freebox in bridge mode ; it will desactivate a lot of useful services ...

i think i will wait for an update from jqe

thanks

I'd just like to add that I am in same situation as OP. I have 4 RGH consoles, one for each of kids, one in my room and one in rec room. My son frequently likes to invite his cousins over for BO2 games. At the same time as updating all the consoles to latest FSD, I also switched the firmware on my router to TomatoUSB and have been blaming it on that for days now, when it was actually changes on how LiNK and System-Link work. I just last night discovered about unloading the plugin to have a regular LAN game. My first thought before that was "Oh well. I'll just host a game on LiNK and the other consoles can join."  Thinking that traditional System-Link was unimportant at that point. Not so!  lol

Hi folks just found this thread after doing a search and thought I would reignite it. I am having much the same problem I have two RGH on the same LAN and no matter what I try I cant get them to see each other using Link. After reading thru some of the post I find the static route idea quite intriguing. However I am at a loss on how to perform this with the Router I currently have. if one of you clever chaps could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. I have a Huiwea HG533 and the router and the static route interface looks like the picture attached. I have given both xbox static ip addresses of 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.4 but what other things do I put in the other fields, any response or help would be most appreciated thanks guys.

Posted Image

the only way to fix the problem must have 2 static IP from your ISP and have 2 broadband router and each RGH have connect to there router

there could be a sollution in the future. That is if LiNK developer(s) will include 2 ip adresses, internal and external and have connect to internal ip adress if external ip adress matches the xboxs own. But it's all speculation if LiNK devs think it's worth implementing..

I'm often using two consoles in the same network. Hooked up both consoles to the same router.Both consoles use dynamic ip adress. Forwarded the right ports to the right ip's.

Console 1: Account 1: 3072/3071 Console 2: Account 2: 3073/3074

While playing we're able to join each others games, and public games. Both consoles working like they should. 

So it is possible!

I'm often using two consoles in the same network. Hooked up both consoles to the same router.Both consoles use dynamic ip adress. Forwarded the right ports to the right ip's.

While playing we're able to join each others games, and public games. Both consoles working like they should. 

So it is possible!

Was this before new rev or after?

i guess it must be on new rev because several users report it was impossible with rev 483  no ?

i will test it this weekend and make a report here

Was this before new rev or after?

I used Rev58 and Rev483 on both consoles. Both Rev's worked out well. Afaik, LiNK hasn't changed it's way of communicating and serving. 

I think the problem is inside the network, interesting..

You can try forwarding both incoming and outgoing connections for all ports, despite the labels in FSD.

In your router's setting you can choose the type of forwarding per entry: TCP, UDP or BOTH. 

Try using the BOTH setting on ALL ports, this will forward both incoming and outgoing connections.

After this, make sure the LiNK test passes on both consoles and try to host a game on console1 and join using console2.

it doesn't work here ...

i have disabled upnp in fsd plugin settings , created rules for each port ( 3071/3072 console 1 ; 3081/3082 console 2 ) on both udp and tcp

all tests are ok in FSD

still no game visible .....

test made on BO2 TU6

Olá tenho 2 xbox aqui na minha rede, eles não conseguem se enxergar na rede local, e nem entrar nos jogos das salas do Link. Cada im deles tem ip fixo e portas diferentes, e as portas estão todas liberadas no roteador. se alguém tiver uma idéia, fico agradecido, pois nem local estou conseguindo jogar em rede.

Hello i have 2 xbox here on my network, they can not see the local network, and not get into the games of the rooms of Link. Each of them has im ip fixed and different ports, and the ports are all released into the router. if anyone has an idea, I'm grateful, because I'm getting neither local network play.

Hello Jose

each console has its own jqe account ?

in my case , each console has its own jqe account and is able to play on LiNK ....

Yes, each console has a separate account in JQE. Interesting is that I can not ping to the PC to consoles, but consoles can not access the windows explorer.

Sim. Cada console tem uma conta separada no jqe. Interessante, é que não consigo dar ping do PC para os consoles, mas consigo acessar os consoles pelo windows explorer.

So it is possible!

what sort of router do you have?? Ive tried everything to get this to work but still a no go !! I can see the rooms on link and join them but when you go to join a game either console hosting neither show up Im using BO2 Tu 12 to test.

I cant believe this has been an issue and it seems resolved for some and not others is there any other site that my be able to offer help regarding this ??

This does seem to have something to do with routers. Everything working fine with my old wrt54g running tomato. Upgraded to a dlink dir-868l and its been a no go for me. diffrent ports, diffrent internal ip address. Can see each other in the system link room but no longer able to see each other in the game room.

Still thanks for the great work to all that help us enjoy our xboxs