RealModScene
Atifkazia

Connection problems

Hello people,i have tried my best to get good connections while playing online on LiNK..i have tried the following things: disable/enable QoS..no improvement(i have set highest priority for my xbox)

Disable/enable WMM...no improvement

No downloads/no streaming/no one using internet while im playing..no improvement

Wired connection .... Always wired

I have netgear R8000 router but i dont have a good internet connection that will make use of this router..

Is there anything else i can do to improve my connection or this is the best i can do?

Oh hi luky,im sak...here are the images.. Is ping from speedtest okay? Or you need the ping from pingtest.net(this site requires flash im too lazy to start my laptop)..post-65105-0-72275100-1459428296_thumb.jpgpost-65105-0-55473900-1459428316_thumb.jpgpost-65105-0-80146200-1459428337_thumb.jpg

Unless you can upgrade your broadband to a faster speed then your stuck with what you have

your internet is fine. why does it say access controll: off?

you have to make a ping test. for example i also have issues with my connection lately and i found out that normal jitter on pingtest for me is 4-7ms. but when i start to lag and i test jitter it goes up to 15ms (between the testing it goes to 30ms!). i tested everything and found out that the modem provided by my ISP is a piece of garbage and if i unplug it for 2min and plug in again my jitter is ok again for some time.

so before you go play its best to unplug modem and router for 1min and plug it back in. also i dont think your qos always works correctly, especially with all the android devices connected (because they can update apps at random times and destroy your ping). what you can do is on every android device you own go to--> playstore-->settings--> and and select: auto-update apps over wifi only.

i use a third party os for my router named gargoyle ( http://www.gargoyle-router.com ). its really easy to setup (all you need is a router that is supported). and when i go play i set max download and upload that all other devices can have to 30% of my whole connection. because if your upload and download get saturated your ping gets really high.

here is a test i made yesterday. my connection is 25mb download and 5mb upload. i turned on QOS and i have the abillity to set the MAX download and MAX upload for every device on my network. in the first test i set max download for all other devices combined (except my pc) to 8mb and max upload to 1mb. then i started a torrent + 1080p youtube video on another pc so that it maxed out its available connection (8mb/1mb). than i ran pingtest on my pc. here are the results:

http://imgur.com/oAQYJuT

than i turned off QOS and i ran the torrent + 1080p video and did a ping test. results:

http://imgur.com/0wY7rfj

And this is why your QOS does not work for gaming. your qos will always give you enough upload and download for your xbox, but because all other devices consume the rest of the bandwidth, your pig gets sky high. all you can do is disconnect as much devices from your internet as possible while you play. or try gargoyle :)

why are your android devices shown as wired? and where do you live? because you have good enough connection to host..

1-Is there a need for access control for gaming?

2-dont know why are the android devices showing wired..no idea

I live in dubai,pretty far away from you and sasa but when i host most of the guys get 3bars but people like hos,ali,wahid get 2 bars(they are closer to me compared to you and sasa)

Too bad i dont have a router that supports gargoyle...

In my router in qos settings i can only set up priority(high,highest,low Etc)there is no option to minimize the bandwidth of specific devices..like for example,max 2download 0.5upload for mobile devices..i wish there was such an option..

And also i will run pingtest while playing ... as those speedtests were not taken at the time of playing,traffic maybe high at night(i play at night)..

• Like 1

is someone else using the internet while you play? because if not the simplest solution is to turn off wifi on all other devices and ony have xbox connected.

if the issue persist, then plug your pc into modem and turn off any torrent, antivirus and other stuff that consumes internet and run a speedtest and pingtest and send the results. if the results are bad then its your ISP fault and you have to call them and tell them the issue. when i had ping problems i called them every day for 3 weeks so that they got annoyed and finaly solved the problem.

also do you ever unplug your router and modem for few min? do that.

• Like 1