RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
professor_jonny

Homebrew cover questions.

from what I believe the hombrew titles pull their covers from the folder the default.xbe resides in.

The problem that I'm having is pulling covers from homebrew I have tried renaming the folders but the covers have only worked for a few.

Is there a list of homebrew folder names for specific titles so I can rename my folders so they pull covers or the ability to add search terms or something to the database so they pick up?

How does it work for shortcut items ?

Mine all reside in the folder c0de9999/00007000/ and they all pull the same cover.

The name of the item is pulled correctly from the shortcut so I guess they pull search data from the folder aswell?

I have updated a few homebrew covers that were missing but they have not showed up I'm guessing they have to be approved by an admin?

Cheers professor_jonny

The best way to handle Homebrew covers is to use Aurora Asset Editor, other then that, search on Xboxunity for the homebrew title you want a cover for, and use that as the folder name...

Regarding links, those are likely using the c0de9999 to find covers (as they contain a TitleID)

eaxctly like swizzy said, all your homebrew apps being in c0de9999 directory ( AKA XexMenu Live ;-D )  would be the EXACT reason why they all pop up with the same cover, you should put all homebrew in individual setups, for example:

HDD:/Homebrew/

HDD:/Homebrew/app1/

HDD:/Homebrew/app2/

and especially since you are more than likely using the CONTENT section (as this is where the "LIVE" version of xexmenu goes) you really should change the locations of those homebrew apps..

The problem with the shortcuts in the content directory to home brew apps installed elsewhere.

As they pick up the title id as you say it will allways pull the wrong cover as homebrew does not have a titleid, would it be possible to change the way it scans shortcuts? the other option is to give homebrew a titleid in the database?

The idea of the shortcuts is so that I can run the core apps from the official dash and as I have god titles in the content directory they all scan in.

Yes I could make the shortcuts have their own titleid but then homebrew in the database does not have a titleid and it still wont pull covers either way.

I did go into unity and search the names of the homebrew and use that name as the folder name on the xbox but after removing the source and rescanning the content and some still don't pull covers.

The problem with the shortcuts in the content directory to home brew apps installed elsewhere.

As they pick up the title id as you say it will allways pull the wrong cover as homebrew does not have a titleid, would it be possible to change the way it scans shortcuts? the other option is to give homebrew a titleid in the database?

The idea of the shortcuts is so that I can run the core apps from the official dash and as I have god titles in the content directory they all scan in.

Yes I could make the shortcuts have their own titleid but then homebrew in the database does not have a titleid and it still wont pull covers either way.

I did go into unity and search the names of the homebrew and use that name as the folder name on the xbox but after removing the source and rescanning the content and some still don't pull covers.

Shortcuts aren't really a thing in Xbox 360, it's a custom package with a xex and a textfile pretty much (or just a xex, not 100% sure) either way, Aurora can't really check if it's a shortcut without it having a negative impact on the performance on the scan...

Essentially, you'll have to manually override the covers for those, there's tools for doing so called Aurora Asset Editor... use it!