RealModScene
Alex1230

Minecraft in Aurora problem

Hi everyone!

I've just installed Aurora 0.5b in addition to Freestyle, it looks good and fast, but I have couple of issues with Minecraft:

1) When I start Minecraft from Aurora it looks like a demo game, without any additional texturepacks and so on.

When I start it from FSD's Arcade game section - it runs without such issues from there, the full version.

I used xm360 and unlocked everything - the same problem.

2) When I exit Minecraft via the game menu I get into NXE instead Aurora.

Also if I press the Xbox button there is only Freestyle Home, so I load FSD instead of Aurora.

Is it possible to control this behavior to end up each time in Aurora?

Many thank in advance.

1) That seems like you are not launching the XBLA container as you are supposed to...

2) Launch Aurora first and it'll load the FSD Plugin in Aurora instead, which means it'll launch Aurora and not FSD when you select that option...

Hey, thanks for the reply!

1) In Aurora all games are in one place, it's different than in FSD, where Arcades are in a separate folder. How can I launch this XBLA container?

2) I updated HudScene Plugin which I found on this forum and now I can see Aurora Home on top which redirects me into Aurora. Console restart was required in this case. However, if I press Exit game from the game menu I'm in NXE. It's not a big issue since I can get back to Aurora via the Xbox button. Maybe resolving point 1 fixes this.

1) Make sure Aurora scans and finds it... it may also be related to your Dashlaunch settings, however that seems kinda unlikely as it's working in FSD...

2) Make sure Dashlaunch points to Aurora as the default, that should make it exit to Aurora when you exit the game...

Hey, thanks for the reply!

1) In Aurora all games are in one place, it's different than in FSD, where Arcades are in a separate folder. How can I launch this XBLA container?

2) I updated HudScene Plugin which I found on this forum and now I can see Aurora Home on top which redirects me into Aurora. Console restart was required in this case. However, if I press Exit game from the game menu I'm in NXE. It's not a big issue since I can get back to Aurora via the Xbox button. Maybe resolving point 1 fixes this.

In addition to what was said, be sure to check your dashlaunch settings, as there is one for when you exit a game, it boots back to NxE dash instead of the set default.. as well as licpatch, xampatch, xblapatch too (if you are using a more newer version of DL)

as for your custom HUD, try using the stock one first, and see if that works, i know i was having an issue not being able to unload the plugin with one.. more issues could arise that haven't been reported/found.. and just because it doesn't say "AURORA HOME", it will direct you to which ever dash/program you have set in dashlaunch.. 

now, as for your statement about aurora having the games all in one place, that is just a plain wrong assumption.. the games are on your hdd, they are not moved in ANY way from FSD/STOCK/AURORA/XEXMENU.. aurora only moves title updates around.. and this is only if the title update you have enabled isn't the one in the proper location.. 

Now for the specific thing about Minecraft on older dashlaunches (and even TX's fusion xD .. thats a joke for you swizzy lolz) "extracted" versions of some xbla games (to include minecraft) would still come up as "trial" even tho patches were in place not to do so.. and even MORE grief about MC on older patches, sometimes the game would come up as trial (XBLA container), until i went to  load up a world, backed out to the main menu again, and it showed as a full version then.. my advice, update your stuff.. or try to see if it only "temporary" shows as trial..

1) Make sure Aurora scans and finds it... it may also be related to your Dashlaunch settings, however that seems kinda unlikely as it's working in FSD...

2) Make sure Dashlaunch points to Aurora as the default, that should make it exit to Aurora when you exit the game...

1) Yes, Aurora can find it from the beginning, but launch it in a such weird way, rather than FSD.

One addition which might make sense: the game was purchased initially from MS Live, I only added DLC later, after did RGH.

2) Yes, it's been set as default. FSD can be started via the A button.

In addition to what was said, be sure to check your dashlaunch settings, as there is one for when you exit a game, it boots back to NxE dash instead of the set default.. as well as licpatch, xampatch, xblapatch too (if you are using a more newer version of DL)

as for your custom HUD, try using the stock one first, and see if that works, i know i was having an issue not being able to unload the plugin with one.. more issues could arise that haven't been reported/found.. and just because it doesn't say "AURORA HOME", it will direct you to which ever dash/program you have set in dashlaunch.. 

now, as for your statement about aurora having the games all in one place, that is just a plain wrong assumption.. the games are on your hdd, they are not moved in ANY way from FSD/STOCK/AURORA/XEXMENU.. aurora only moves title updates around.. and this is only if the title update you have enabled isn't the one in the proper location.. 

Now for the specific thing about Minecraft on older dashlaunches (and even TX's fusion xD .. thats a joke for you swizzy lolz) "extracted" versions of some xbla games (to include minecraft) would still come up as "trial" even tho patches were in place not to do so.. and even MORE grief about MC on older patches, sometimes the game would come up as trial (XBLA container), until i went to  load up a world, backed out to the main menu again, and it showed as a full version then.. my advice, update your stuff.. or try to see if it only "temporary" shows as trial..

The parameters you mentioned licpatch, xampatch, xblapatch are not in my launch.ini. Please give me more details if I should experiment with them.

I'll try the world manipulations, thanks for the hint.

and just because it doesn't say "AURORA HOME", it will direct you to which ever dash/program you have set in dashlaunch..

Actually, it launches whatever launched the plugin, if aurora is set as default, that's what gets launched by default (if the plugin is said to load, which it is by default)

The parameters you mentioned licpatch, xampatch, xblapatch are not in my launch.ini. Please give me more details if I should experiment with them.

You can just add them, as long as you have a recent version of dashlaunch it should pick up on them and change the settings accordingly, i would recommend using the dashlaunch installer to change settings tho to begin with, that's what it's for once dashlaunch has been installed...

Sent from my SM-G903F

like swizzy said, and like i said.. they are apart of the newer versions of dashlaunch.. 3.13+ maybe?? check which you have, and if you are STILL missing those options, id check where you got it from..

If you're not using dashlaunch 3.16, i would update it along with the kernel using the tutorial in my signature below

Sent from my SM-G903F

If you're not using dashlaunch 3.16, i would update it along with the kernel using the tutorial in my signature below

Sent from my SM-G903F

I would like this 1 million times.. haha should be apart of the details portion of help requests along with motherboard.. lolz

Actually, it launches whatever launched the plugin, if aurora is set as default, that's what gets launched by default (if the plugin is said to load, which it is by default)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Touché.. i was more so or less saying the difference in it saying freestyle vs aurora.. the cosmetic change..

I enabled licpatch and xblapatch, but it doesn't help. Xampatch I couldn't find in dashlaunch.

When I run MC from FSD it says "welcome back" on start and I can see an expanded world creation menu. In Aurora there are no greetings and the menu is restricted. Tried this with different profiles. Any other ideas?

After several days of fighting it looks like I have to stay on FSD for a while, using Aurora only for TU downloads.

Problem solved!

Somehow I downloaded, but not enabled a TU for this game, so after I did it everything works fine.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2016 at 8:38 PM, Alex1230 said:

Problem solved!

Somehow I downloaded, but not enabled a TU for this game, so after I did it everything works fine.

Hi, can someone help me to do this.. I'm not expert of Aurora.. 
Thanks, Marco