RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
AntiVirGear

Wave4 Boot Disc

Hey Guys,

I recently bough two xbox 360 (trinity 4gb and Falcon/Jasper) which should be dead because their owner teached me about dvd malfunctions.

Small story to 4GB Trinity

Drive wasn't able to read any Xbox 360 games.

First try was to use compressed air and clean the laser-lens. FAILED unfortunately, even if I used another Xbox 360 game.

Couple tries later, I tried to read a DVD which was detected and played without any error. So far I know, the Xbox 360 don't have something like "dual lens" or else which means, if it can read a DVD then there is something wrong with holograph-detector.

I reseted the whole console (format, Guide + Y & RT, ...) and boom, suddenly it worked.

I don't know how or why but I think that there was an error or malfunction in the system (update failed?)

Small story to Jasper/Falcon

Drive won't get out/is stuck inside

I know these problems, I'm well known in my computer shop for repairing drives which are stuck or won't open the tray.

In this case, I had to open the Xbox 360 completely and clean it up to prevent any RROD (surprisingly, the dust didn't made inside the 360 but blocked any vents pretty well). Found the DVD drive and took it apart.

Mainly, every drive have two mechanism:

The first mechanism is a small rack railway, controlled by a gear on the front of the drive. Around the corner of the railway, way to the lens, is a small guide rail which is the heart of the mechanism. This rail lift/lowers the drive with the lens and unlocks the tray.

The first gear which is connected to the rack railway should lower the drive inside and unlock the tray which is controlled by a longer transmission and another rack railway which push and pull the tray (second mechanism).

At this point, you have to hear and feel the problem; if the gears are spinning and pushes the tray out then there is something wrong with small front rail, maybe damaged or moved a little bit which prevents to be fully unlocked by the front gears.

But if the hear and feel that the tray won't move, even if you jiggle a little bit then pretty sure that this drive is done.

If you (still) wanna to fix the drive, you can try to clean the teeth of any gear/railways and correct then with a file (be careful) and lubricate them all (I use motor-oil ^^ but butter does it too)

If you have luck, the tray should then work as before. If not, then it's dead Jim...

However, they are fixxed (paid 40€ for both ^^) and I want to softmod them.

I heard that there is something called "Wave4 boot disc" and I want to know whether it's true or not before I waste a DVD DL.

And if it's true, can I rly trick a non-jtaged/RGH xbox 360 to play any kind of backups?

It was likely a cache issue on the Trinity console...

What that "boot disc" is for is when there was iXtreme 1.5b if memory serves me right, or possible 1.6? it's old... it's not a magic boot disc that just makes copied games work, you need a specific firmware for that one, but you don't want it... you want to have iXtreme LT+ 3.0 in order to use the latest games...

So are there any ways to play backup disc or doing softmod?

Anything without RGH/JTAG/Flash?

There's XK3y, which emulates the DVD Drive (it's a chip you put between the DVD and the motherboard) but, no there isn't any hack that allows you to play backups without opening the console...

I already opened them so that's not a problem.

How is XK3y? Adv/Disadv? ...

Can't I just copy the GoD to the HDD and use them?

I already opened them so that's not a problem.

How is XK3y? Adv/Disadv? ...

Can't I just copy the GoD to the HDD and use them?

Xk3y uses a USB HDD which allows you to play games from there, the HDD must be NTFS and must be connected to the chip (you'll know what i mean when you see how it's installed), the games must be either Region Free or PAL/NTSC (whatever the console is, same as with iXtreme)

GOD headers are signed by microsoft and contain a license per-console/profile, a NXE2GOD or ISO2GOD conversion don't contain the required data (the signatures aren't there, nor are the licenses)