RealModScene
BestNoob

Ultimative Gaming Console Emulator Pack for Xbox 360 RGH

All MAME emulator to play ninja baseball batman image has errors

Did you payed attention to this info ? MAME360 need 0.112 roms & RetroArch - MAME need 0.78 roms

I was able to get xbox-libretro-prboom working with individual WADS using Aurora, however I have not had luck with tyrquake.  The quakes I have access to have multiple PAK's in sub directories, or have multiple PK4's. Please advise what you have seen that works.  Thanks!

NAVIGATION is with Arrowpad and B / A but the keys are different B is select and A is back. You have to read the instructions from the readme =)

I tested it with Aurora and its working for me. But you need a game rom to run a game, there are no files included.

BestNoob - Thanks for the feedback.  Please note I have many quake games all of which have PK4's and PAK's in multiple directories, hence I have roms.  At this time I can not get the emulator to launch using the PK4 or PAK's i have, hence I do not have the opportunity to test the navigation buttons.  Several days ago I saw a post which stated this xbox emulator supports Quake 1, 2, 3, and 4.  However the Github distribution of Tyrquake for other platforms indicates it only supports Quake and Quake World which I do not have at this time.  Please tell me which Quake(s) you have, how many PAK's it has per ROM etc so I can attempt to replicate your success.  Thanks.

BestNoob - Thanks for the feedback.  Please note I have many quake games all of which have PK4's and PAK's in multiple directories, hence I have roms.  At this time I can not get the emulator to launch using the PK4 or PAK's i have, hence I do not have the opportunity to test the navigation buttons.  Several days ago I saw a post which stated this xbox emulator supports Quake 1, 2, 3, and 4.  However the Github distribution of Tyrquake for other platforms indicates it only supports Quake and Quake World which I do not have at this time.  Please tell me which Quake(s) you have, how many PAK's it has per ROM etc so I can attempt to replicate your success.  Thanks.

I was able to get "Quake Shareware PAK 1.06" to load.  It has a single *.pak file.  However the the screen is always panning to the left until I tap on the right joystick of the game pad.

Maybe you have a different version of Tyrquake than I do.  I do not have a readme.  I downloaded it using the link in this thread.

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4957-emulators-that-work-with-auroras-autolaunch-feature/

The download has a default.xex dated 1/12/2015 size of 4,680kb, but when ran on the Xbox is a default.xex is 4,792,320 in size and there are 535 items in the folder structure.

Now I am wondering about creating my own PAK files, but would like to know if others have tried it.

I was able to get "Quake Shareware PAK 1.06" to load.  It has a single *.pak file.  However the the screen is always panning to the left until I tap on the right joystick of the game pad.

Maybe you have a different version of Tyrquake than I do.  I do not have a readme.  I downloaded it using the link in this thread.

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4957-emulators-that-work-with-auroras-autolaunch-feature/

The download has a default.xex dated 1/12/2015 size of 4,680kb, but when ran on the Xbox is a default.xex is 4,792,320 in size and there are 535 items in the folder structure.

Now I am wondering about creating my own PAK files, but would like to know if others have tried it.

The original Quake came in 3 revisions. The Full game with 1 pak file, the full game in multiple pak files, and the shareware game with 1 pak file. Dont ask me why, but I have had this problem with other ports, and spent days on the internet looking for a solution. In the end it came down to finding the single PAK version, or combining all of the pak files into one. I have not tested this on the xbox. What I do know is that the rom browser only allows you to load 1 rom file per emulator, which doesnt really fit the Wad/Pak design on DOOM/Quake. So there is no supported way to load the game files, and then user wads/paks.

I used Quake (1996) and put the 3 files config.cfg, pak0.pak, pak1.pak into the roms folder this direction  \RetroArch\roms\quake\

Its running fine without lags in widescreen. I loaded pak0.pak to play.

Google "tyrquake github" to learn about "Quake: the offering".  Special thanks to GOG, acquired several PAK's.  Under the ROM's folder i created the following folders:

Quake_1

Quake_1_Hipnotic

Quake_1_Rogue_Mission

Then used PakExplorer to move all id1 Pak1 compressed files into PAK0.  This file then became the base for Hipnotic, then copied/overwrote hypnotic files into the base.  Then do the same for Rogue Mission.  Tyrquake appears to handle only one file and must be in the format pak0.pak (is not cap sensitive).

End file sizes in Win10 should be 51,306kb     84,017kb    and 84,791kb

This allowed me to start each area but i did not fully test.  BestNoob recommended the config.cfg should be copied also which I will try soon.  Unfortunately I did not have the same success with Quake II.  Good luck!

PS - Other internet searches indicated the add-on missions should have been renamed as PAK2 or PAK3 instead of merging the data with the base.

On 10/19/2018 at 5:30 PM, hamzaather said:

give other download link

I will maybe do that with the update of my pack that i planned.

Any other FEEDBACK ? New Emulators i should add ? smth. else ?

On 11/4/2018 at 11:55 PM, BestNoob said:

I will maybe do that with the update of my pack that i planned.

Any other FEEDBACK ? New Emulators i should add ? smth. else ?

Hi! Did you ever release an update pack? I'm curious on how to add aurora launch data to the last mame 0.72 release 8.

11 hours ago, jacobsson said:

Hi! Did you ever release an update pack? I'm curious on how to add aurora launch data to the last mame 0.72 release 8.

The only emulator updates that have happened in the 360 scene are some to the mame 0.72 port, PPSSPP, and the retroarch ports for aurora. honestly, outside of stealth services, and aurora there really isnt that much development for the 360. Honestly, the OG xbox gets more consistant dev time than the 360 does, and it is almost 20 years old. For updated stuff, in that console generation, you would have to get a PS3 with CFW. Those are still supported by the Retroarch devs, and other devs as well, as the video system is much easier to work with, as you arent locked down to an antiquated version of DX9, and can use OpenGL directly. Makes development much easier, especially for cross platform compatibility as far as code support goes. That being said, we dont want to go backwards, so I would suggest looking into the nintendo switch scene, as it is getting a ton of attention from developers at the moment. That being said, it is still in its early days, so you arent much better off. This is mainly a porting of the ARM ASM to ARM64 ASM for things like dynarecs for the N64 emulators and such. Natinusala has managed to get around this in linux by compiling the cores with 32bit neon support, and I got around this by using an ARMv7a linux base(Needed for widevine on arm systems, as the library doesnt support AARCH64) Because of these issues, and the fact I wanted to be able to use kodi on the switch to watch netflix and what not, it has been an interesting build. I have kodi working, with retroplayer support, and have most of the retroarch cores built(Some are still giving me issues, but such is life.) The big issue I am having with the build, other than the incomplete hardware support(Sound, USB(host/dev mode, have some ideas that need to be tested), Sleep mode(Not available until warmboot is released, due to signed lp0 code), graceful shutdown(Mainly, because the kernel deinitializes the CPU and hardware, but doesnt send the power off signal to the PMIC), Reboot(will reboot back to RCM, but I think this is another thing that will be fixed by the warmboot exploit, as from what I can tell, if I can get it to warmboot back into coreboot on reboot, then it should work like a computer). I could keep going, but since I am the only person I know that is activly looking into fixing the linux issues on the switch at the moment, and I am not the best programmer, I figure I have my work cut out for me. 

I didnt updated the Xbox360 or PC Packs, because of to few response and other things. But i have added a new Mirror for you guys:

*MEGA is now a alternative Download Mirror.