RealModScene
stanley789

DVI TO HDMI CONNECTOR FOR MY PC MONITOR

hey guys i have this pc monitor with a dvi connector vga connector and something like an earphone connector.so i got this dvi to hdmi connector and i connected my xbox 360 on the screen and it worked fine but the monitor does not have a speaker i wish to ask if i connect an external speaker to the monitor will i get sound?cuz i kno dvi transmit only image and not sound

I think you answered your own question...

cuz i kno dvi transmit only image and not sound

If you want sound you either need an adapter that carries sound, in which case you should bypass the monitor completely (since you say it has no speakers), or use headphones from your controller.

I'm curious though, neither VGA or DVI carry sound, so why would your monitor have a 3.5mm (headphone) jack? It probably does have a speaker and the 3.5mm jack is the input. Easy way to tell is if the monitor has volume buttons, lolz. If that's the case, you can probably modify the original Xbox 360 A/V cable to plug in over the HDMI cable at the same time, then just use an RCA to 3.5mm stereo adapter to plug audio into the monitor. Plenty of videos on youtube showing how to do that.

You need a cable like this Then you add an rca to 3.5mm stereo jack adapter for headphones or something else...

or use headphones from your controller

is game audio on controller? cause I didn't manage to hear anything if I have plugged headphones to controller... only from AV cable...

You probably won't get sound, but it's possible that you do... DVI have different versions, digital might have audio

Sent from my SM-G903F

is game audio on controller? cause I didn't manage to hear anything if I have plugged headphones to controller... only from AV cable...

Probably not then. I'm spoiled with my Tritton Warheads so forgot that game audio doesn't work through controller.