RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
faresoyam

How to make a default background for Aurora

I downloaded a background it's 1280x720 it's was full the screen it's was jpeg it worked but when I restart my Xbox it's gone is there a way to make it default or make it always start with Aurora

I downloaded a background it's 1280x720 it's was full the screen it's was jpeg it worked but when I restart my Xbox it's gone is there a way to make it default or make it always start with Aurora

you may need to alter from jpeg to png for it to always load......maybe.....dunno

• Like 1

It must be png?

Where is the default background place??

Since 0.4b this is how you should install alternative backgrounds. It might be slightly different on 0.5 and also depending on the skin you use, but basically follow this.

Theme Settings - In the view menu, we've added a new section for theme settings.  Here you can change your cover layout, you can select and preview backgrounds, and you can turn on or off the background animation setting.  To add new backgrounds to your theme menu, you simply save them into your Aurora:\Backgrounds\ folder.  Currently, we support BMP, PNG, DDS, JPG, DIB, HDR, PFM, and PPM image formats.  For optimal use, please use an image that has a resolution of 1280x720.  Smaller and larger images are supported; however, they are scaled and may compromise load times.

15gyuzq.jpg

1z3o6lt.jpg

• Like 1

Default background is built into the skin AFAIK. You would have to disassemble the skin to change it. Why exactly does this not help you, it worked fine for me last time I tested custom backgrounds.

edit: and feel free to edit your posts instead of double posting

• Like 2

Idk why it always return to default background

Since the post I made doesn't help you, I have no idea how to answer that question. The only reasons I can think of for it not sticking through a reboot are:

1. You have two Aurora installations and are changing one then booting to another
  2. You have a completely bonkered installation.
  3. You do not have your profile set to login automatically on boot??

edit: So I just tested by changing my background, then signing out and restarting Aurora. When Aurora finished loading it was back to the default background. Signing back in and restarting Aurora brought the custom background back. Assuming you have a profile, go to NXE and assign that profile to sign in automatically. Then make your background changes in Aurora and you will find that they stick through a reboot.

• Like 2

Since the post I made doesn't help you, I have no idea how to answer that question. The only reasons I can think of for it not sticking through a reboot are:

• You have two Aurora installations and are changing one then booting to another
  • You have a completely bonkered installation.
  • You do not have your profile set to login automatically on boot??

edit: So I just tested by changing my background, then signing out and restarting Aurora. When Aurora finished loading it was back to the default background. Signing back in and restarting Aurora brought the custom background back. Assuming you have a profile, go to NXE and assign that profile to sign in automatically. Then make your background changes in Aurora and you will find that they stick through a reboot.

If you set the options when no profile is signed in, then that will stick.. lol.. pretty sure it goes by "per profile" for config options..

If you set the options when no profile is signed in, then that will stick.. lol.. pretty sure it goes by "per profile" for config options..

Could be Lolz. I didn't try it that way, but I'll test it later to be sure.

Could be Lolz. I didn't try it that way, but I'll test it later to be sure.

Sames goes for quick view settings.. so if one person wants to only have xbla games shown, when that profile signs in.. shows that if it is set as default