RealModScene
stanley789

Blue light it bips then the ps4 shuts down

Hi mates i have my ps4 with a problem.since im in africa electricity goes off frequently i was playing all fine then after the electricity went off and the console was still in the socket so when it came back(electricity) i switched it on and only the blue light came it bip and when off can someone help me figure it out thanks

Hi mates i have my ps4 with a problem.since im in africa electricity goes off frequently i was playing all fine then after the electricity went off and the console was still in the socket so when it came back(electricity) i switched it on and only the blue light came it bip and when off can someone help me figure it out thanks

http://www.playstationing.com/ps4/how-to-fix-ps4-blue-light-of-death/2165 <<<<GGGOOGLE

ok since OP asked for help.. lets do it proper "superted76" lol

when your power fluctuates, as yours does.. it can short out the hardware within the system. this applies to ALL electronic hardware, as it operates on DC power. when the electricity fluctuates, resistors/capacitors/or other parts such as CPU receive rapid changes which the system isnt designed for. most of these problems are easily prevented with a surge protector, or something similar.

Edit: so just a bit of hard truth: you might have broken your PS4 mate..

• Like 1

Yeah, if you live in an area of frequent power outages or spikes, you might want to consider a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). They can keep your device supplied with stable power so precious equipment isn't damaged. 

I installed one in my fathers house when his security camera DVR was getting hit with power dips, went through two Hdd's before I figured out what was happening. Been running without issue now for 2 years. Added benefit, still works when the power goes out.

But like Felida said, your device may already be damaged.

Yeah, if you live in an area of frequent power outages or spikes, you might want to consider a UPS (Universal Power Supply). They can keep your device supplied with stable power so precious equipment isn't damaged.

I installed one in my fathers house when his security camera DVR was getting hit with power dips, went through two Hdd's before I figured out what was happening. Been running without issue now for 2 years. Added benefit, still works when the power goes out.

Nothing can be done if its the PSU or what

Nothing can be done if its the PSU or what

There's no such thing as "it's impossible" or "Nothing can be done to fix the problem" it's more of a "It's not practical" or "It's not doable right now"... however, like QuattroGam3r said, if the PSU is the damaged, you can replace it and hope for the best... the PS4 system is very fragile actually, i was in the shop where i used to work today talking to a old coworker that still works there, he showed me a pile of PS4's with broken motherboards caused by bad PSU's... basically, he's not going to fix them because the work required simply isn't worth it, if replacing the PSU isn't enough, you should probably buy a new PS4 and get a UPS... infact, you should connect all your hardware to a UPS (lights don't tend to need this, but things like TV's, computer's, game consoles etc. do need this to stay safe!)

There's no such thing as "it's impossible" or "Nothing can be done to fix the problem" it's more of a "It's not practical" or "It's not doable right now"... however, like QuattroGam3r said, if the PSU is the damaged, you can replace it and hope for the best... the PS4 system is very fragile actually, i was in the shop where i used to work today talking to a old coworker that still works there, he showed me a pile of PS4's with broken motherboards caused by bad PSU's... basically, he's not going to fix them because the work required simply isn't worth it, if replacing the PSU isn't enough, you should probably buy a new PS4 and get a UPS... infact, you should connect all your hardware to a UPS (lights don't tend to need this, but things like TV's, computer's, game consoles etc. do need this to stay safe!)

Thanks

Yeah, if you live in an area of frequent power outages or spikes, you might want to consider a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). They can keep your device supplied with stable power so precious equipment isn't damaged. 

• Like 1