RealModScene
malim

RGH not detecting update at all

My kernel is on 17489 but the update isn't showing up at all. I put it on the root of multiple flash drives(renamed to $$ystemUpdate and tried it on all 5 ports), put it on my external hdd, tried it without the external connected, without the kinect connected, I've done this before but now it just won't show up. Does it need an account to signed in? Because my account is on my external. 

My kernel is on 17489 but the update isn't showing up at all. I put it on the root of multiple flash drives(renamed to $$ystemUpdate and tried it on all 5 ports), put it on my external hdd, tried it without the external connected, without the kinect connected, I've done this before but now it just won't show up. Does it need an account to signed in? Because my account is on my external. 

I think the first step you need to take would be to elaborate on what the issue is. We get that your on 17489, that helps, but what doesn't help is the "UPDATE". To which "UDPATE" are your referring? Is it Avatar update Kinect update Game Update or have you just stuck the 17489 files on a flash drive and tried to load. Really need more info and the fact that your account is on External shouldn't matter ( I don't think ). >>> http://forum.homebrew-connection.org/index.php?topic=144 <<<  this here is Swizzy's guide to everything Kernel Update specific, if that tut don't help........

I think the first step you need to take would be to elaborate on what the issue is. We get that your on 17489, that helps, but what doesn't help is the "UPDATE". To which "UDPATE" are your referring? Is it Avatar update Kinect update Game Update or have you just stuck the 17489 files on a flash drive and tried to load. Really need more info and the fact that your account is on External shouldn't matter ( I don't think ). >>> http://forum.homebrew-connection.org/index.php?topic=144 <<<  this here is Swizzy's guide to everything Kernel Update specific, if that tut don't help........

The kernel is updated to 17489, I'm talking about the Avatar/kinect update($SystemUpdate)

This isn't showing:

I've done this numerous time before on a corona but I wouldn't think it's any different.

I saw this on homebrew-connection:

Common Errors/Problems:

• Don't get request to install update when trying to install Avatar/Kinect stuff
  • You MUST have a storage device connected to your console to store this part of the update on, that's why you have to do it manually, it cannot be included in the nand because it's to big... 100+MB of data don't fit within a 16MB flash
  • Like 1

The kernel is updated to 17489, I'm talking about the Avatar/kinect update($SystemUpdate)

This isn't showing:

I've done this numerous time before on a corona but I wouldn't think it's any different.

I saw this on homebrew-connection:

Common Errors/Problems:

• Don't get request to install update when trying to install Avatar/Kinect stuff
  • You MUST have a storage device connected to your console to store this part of the update on, that's why you have to do it manually, it cannot be included in the nand because it's to big... 100+MB of data don't fit within a 16MB flash

I'M working just now. Few hours. I'll pop on help you out

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have you tried launching a game with said USB stick in? have you also tried with $SystemUpdate alongside the $$ystemUpdate?

Have you tried launching a game with said USB stick in? have you also tried with $SystemUpdate alongside the $$ystemUpdate?

I tried it just now, the game just launches(with both $SystemUpdate and $$ystemUpdate folders)

I tried it just now, the game just launches(with both $SystemUpdate and $$ystemUpdate folders)

How do, sorry for the time work dragged on a touch. Did you manage to fix the issue or are you still unable to install the update?

Try downloading this and putting it on your fat32 and see if it sorts the issue

https://mega.nz/#!LYY0VTDB

Decryption Key   !VAK1FCHFiSaxzVVvd3MiNtKDrwErh57aCO184swU1Ls

How do, sorry for the time work dragged on a touch. Did you manage to fix the issue or are you still unable to install the update?

Try downloading this and putting it on your fat32 and see if it sorts the issue

https://mega.nz/#!LYY0VTDB

Decryption Key   !VAK1FCHFiSaxzVVvd3MiNtKDrwErh57aCO184swU1Ls

Still the same... nothing happens

Are you sure your update is of the correct version? if you try to install a older one, that will never work... are you also sure the data isn't already installed?

Try naming $$systemupdate not $$ystemupdate see if that helps

Are you sure your update is of the correct version? if you try to install a older one, that will never work... are you also sure the data isn't already installed?

I linked him mines Swizzy same one you guys helped me with. Also a big thank you Swizzy bad block remapped and no E79 for a few hours now. Legend!

Try naming $$systemupdate not $$ystemupdate see if that helps

That will never work, i know what works and doesn't, and when people name it $$systemupdate, it's wrong... the patches made change the first S to a $... nothing more, nothing less... so adding a $ won't help...

If the right version is sure to be on the USB device and all else fails as suggested above, try a different USB memory, it's happened before that certain USB memories no longer function for this, why? no idea! it just don't work...

That will never work, i know what works and doesn't, and when people name it $$systemupdate, it's wrong... the patches made change the first S to a $... nothing more, nothing less... so adding a $ won't help...

If the right version is sure to be on the USB device and all else fails as suggested above, try a different USB memory, it's happened before that certain USB memories no longer function for this, why? no idea! it just don't work...

Was in case it was a typo or misprint Yoda that was all [emoji15]

The kernel is on 17489, I saw. And the update isn't installed because when I connect my kinect it asks for an update and the avatar is grey. I'll try it on a third flash drive

The kernel is on 17489, I saw. And the update isn't installed because when I connect my kinect it asks for an update and the avatar is grey. I'll try it on a third flash drive

Did you always just manually do this via USB or can you connect your internal 360 to your pc and use xebuild to write straight onto the drive by selecting the HDD option?

I remember Dashlaunch has an automatic update setting for picking up $systemupdate. Is this enabled?

Kernel is only half of it, what update do you have on your usb? And is it the full update? It's around 112MB iirc

Did you always just manually do this via USB or can you connect your internal 360 to your pc and use xebuild to write straight onto the drive by selecting the HDD option?

xeBuild don't have such a feature afaik, the only related feature is sending the data over the network

I remember Dashlaunch has an automatic update setting for picking up $systemupdate. Is this enabled?

That'd be "noupdater" which works in the opposite way ($$ystemUpdate instead of the normal $SystemUpdate)

Kernel is only half of it, what update do you have on your usb? And is it the full update? It's around 112MB iirc

xeBuild don't have such a feature afaik, the only related feature is sending the data over the network

That'd be "noupdater" which works in the opposite way ($$ystemUpdate instead of the normal $SystemUpdate)

dd2ba3acfc0216bd413c2363a9f16d5b.jpg

Do apologise read that wrong

Personally I'd clear the hdd cache take all unnecessary junk off it boot to xell re write flash from scratch then try again from fresh and see what happens

I can't see anything new here only thing I can think is the files are somehow losing data between pc >> usb >> 360 unless that can be ruled out using another usb drive may be worth while running usb drive through victoria or similar and make sure there are no bad blocks on it from continuous read/write usage? Did you copy the .ini that was in the zip file to the usb to the root with the $systemupdate folder?

I can't see anything new here only thing I can think is the files are somehow losing data between pc >> usb >> 360 unless that can be ruled out using another usb drive may be worth while running usb drive through victoria or similar and make sure there are no bad blocks on it from continuous read/write usage? Did you copy the .ini that was in the zip file to the usb to the root with the $systemupdate folder?

There's no ini in the zip... it's generated by xeBuild GUI

There's no ini in the zip... it's generated by xeBuild GUI

Cross wires, I opened my xebuild and compiled it for him and then zipped the folder and ini file for upload to mega in case there was something askew at his end with downloads or similar

I got it from homebrew-connection, could it be what @superted76 said, with regards to bad blocks on the hdd?

I got it from homebrew-connection, could it be what @superted76 said, with regards to bad blocks on the hdd?

No that was my E79 error caused by bad blocks completely unrelated dude

Highly unlikely, try grabbing it from gxarena and checking the md5 of it (xeBuild GUI does this for you)

Sent from my SM-G903F

I'd seriously try formatting the hdd and trying again especially if you have nothing major to lose on it, my first issue with bad blocks on the HDD was a bad HDD that had delay's and such was just lucky it was new and I managed to RMA it and got it replaced

Highly unlikely, try grabbing it from gxarena and checking the md5 of it (xeBuild GUI does this for you)

Sent from my SM-G903F

I'm at my wits end, I downloaded from gxarena, matched the checksums, but still the same...

I'm at my wits end, I downloaded from gxarena, matched the checksums, but still the same...

can you borrow a friends hdd with avatar/kinect data and see if that works and start process of elimination or if you can caddy a spare hdd xbox format it then try using that and see if you get a result that way?