RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
PauloKoast

Deactivating DVD drive

My 360 is having some problems with the DVD drive: the power-on light starts blinking like it's going to open the thing to put the DVD, and I suppose it's sending a command to open the DVD since it started blinking when I was watching something a while ago, and then I opened and closed the DVD and the lights stopped blinking.

I heard that the cable that's responsable for opening the DVD goes crazy because of dust and stuff, so I think this is the reason. But I'm too lazy to open my 360, so here's the big question: if I deactivate my DVD drive through XeBuild GUI, it will not be possible to the DVD drive to go crazy like this, right? Because since there's no DVD, there's no way to the cable to send a command to open it, I suppose?

My 360 is having some problems with the DVD drive: the power-on light starts blinking like it's going to open the thing to put the DVD, and I suppose it's sending a command to open the DVD since it started blinking when I was watching something a while ago, and then I opened and closed the DVD and the lights stopped blinking.

I heard that the cable that's responsable for opening the DVD goes crazy because of dust and stuff, so I think this is the reason. But I'm too lazy to open my 360, so here's the big question: if I deactivate my DVD drive through XeBuild GUI, it will not be possible to the DVD drive to go crazy like this, right? Because since there's no DVD, there's no way to the cable to send a command to open it, I suppose?

You can turn off the blinking with a xeBuild option if memory serves me right, i don't think there's a patch to disable the dvd entirely tho

You can turn off the blinking with a xeBuild option if memory serves me right, i don't think there's a patch to disable the dvd entirely tho

Lol, I could swear that there was an option to disable the DVD, now looking at XeBuild Gui I think I confused it with the "disable HDD" function :p

The thing is that if the drive is opened then I get pulled out from a game, so I think the best solution would be to disable the eject button, so the cable wouldn't be able to send an "open" signal? I can see an option for that here on XeBuild Gui

And talking about XeBuild Gui, if I select an option on "XeBuild settings" do I need to fill the blank options (Game region, DVD region, Temperatures, Mac Address and DVD Key) or it'll automatically save the configuration that is already on the nand?

Here's a picture to what I'm talking about:

akYxa4u.jpg

xeBuild should not undo the patches made to smc/smc_config... so... temps/region/mac and the rol/eject functions should be kept

Sent from my SM-G903F