RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
JPizzle

FBANext v0.2.97.28

Posted Image

v0.2.97.28

Xbox 360 Specific - Added 7zip Support (.7z file extension)
Added Ganbare Marin-kun to the CPS-1 driver [barry, smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
Added Ghost Muncher to the Galaxian driver [barry, Robbert, Misfitmame]
Added Bubble Bobble Lost Cave to the Bubble Bobble driver [barry, Bisboch, Aladar]
Added bootleg of Carrier Air Wing to the CPS-1 driver [barry, JacKc, Bonky0013]
Added various bootlegs of Street Fighter II Champion Edition to the CPS-1 driver [barry, JacKc, bonky0013]
Added clone of The Punisher to the CPS-1 driver [JacKc, Artemio Urbina]
Added clone of Marvel vs. Capcom to the CPS-2 driver [barry, ranger_lennier, Yohji, Tormod, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
Added clone of X-Men Children of the Atom to the CPS-2 driver [barry, Bonky0013]
Added clone of Bagman to the Galaxian driver [barry, Robbert, Misfitmame]
Added clone of Frogger to the Galaxian driver [barry, Robbert, Misfitmame]
Added clone of Galaxian to the Galaxian driver [barry, Robbert, Misfitmame]
Added clone of Moon Cresta to the Galaxian driver [barry, Robbert]
Added clone of Scramble to the Galaxian driver [barry, Robbert, Misfitmame]
Added clone of Triple Punch to the Galaxian driver [barry, lucaelia, Siftware]
Added clone of Fantasia to the Gals Panic driver [JacKc, Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
Added clone of Ghosts 'n Goblins to the driver [JacKc, Antonio Gonzalez Jr., tafoid]
Added clone of Haunted Castle to the Konami driver [JacKc, Andrew Welburn, Phil Bennett]
Added clone of Sunset Riders to the Konami driver [JacKc, hap, Dave F]
Added clone of Sunset Riders to the Konami driver [JacKc, Any, The Dumping Union]
Added clone of Thunder Zone to the Konami driver [JacKc]
Added clone of King of Fighters '97 to the Neo Geo driver [iq_132, smitdogg]
Added Time's UP! Demo to the Neo Geo driver [barry, NGF Dev. Inc, Fred/FRONT]
Added clone of Ms Pacman to the Pacman driver [JacKc, hap]
Added three clones of Knights of Valour Superheroes to the PGM driver [JacKc, Joerg Hartenberger, iq_132, smitdogg]
Added some Ketsui Arrange versions to the PGM driver [JacKc]
Added clone of Puzzli 2 to the PGM driver [Tormod, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union, JackC, iq_132]
Added clone of Speed Rumbler to the driver [iq_132, Corrado Tomaselli, JacKc]
Added clone of Superman to the Taito-X driver [barry, JacKc, Brian Troha, Dave France, The Dumping Union]
Added clone of Zero Point to the Unico driver [JacKc, Takahiro Nogi, hap]
Simulated the protection in Metal Slug X and removed a nasty patch [iq_132]
Emulated the protection in Lord of Gun and removed a nasty patch [iq_132]
Emulated protection in Street Fighter II Rainbow Edition (set 1 and 2) and removed a nasty patch [iq_132]
Emulated protection in Street Fighter II Mega sets and removed a nasty patch [iq_132]
Emulated protection in Dinosaur Hunter and removed a nasty patch [iq_132]
Emulated protection in some Warriors of Fate bootlegs and removed nasty patches [iq_132]
Fix kov command CC (fixes game stage 6) [iq_132]
Fixed graphics banking in Port Man [barry, Robbert]
Added support for the digital volume slider in CPS-2 test screens, also added support for single board games with no digital slider [barry]
Added the Turbo mode dip switch to Street Fighter II Alpha Magic F [barry, MAME]
Identified various Streety Fighter II Champion Edition bootlegs and game them more descriptive names and descriptions, eliminating the sf2m* naming convention [barry]
Improved emulation of bootleg hardware in King of Dragons bootleg [barry]
Added variants to the Time Keeper module [barry]
Changed UniBIOS 3.0 to the free version release [JacKc]
Big-endian fixes for some Data East drivers [MagicSeb]
Updated the ZET and VEZ CPU interfaces [iq_132]
Improved CPS-2 rom loading [barry]
Fixed Japanese Romanization of some game titles [JacKc]
Improved Visual Studio version reporting and added Windows 8 support to the System Info module [barry]
Updated Visual Studio makefile to support Visual Studio 2012, and fixed some related issues [barry]
Added support for targeting Windows XP using Visual Studio 2012 via a makefile flag [barry]
Updated GCC makefile to 4.7.1 and fixed warnings [barry]
Updated the dat file writer to give each dat file a seperate id to ClrMAME gives each a separate profile [barry]
Applied libretro patch [Twinaphex]
Matched the Megadrive sets to MESS 0.147u4 [barry]
Synced sets with MAME 0.147u4 [barry, JacKc]

Souce: http://www.homebrew-connection.org/fbanext-0-2-97-28-the-arcade-emulator-is-back/

FBANext_v0.2.97.28.zip

Hey guys,

Been trying to sort out some audio issues I've been having with this emulator. The same roms sound great in Mame360 but slightly distorted in FBANext.

I checked the ini file and here is what it says:

// --- Sound ------------------------------------------------------------------

// The selected audio plugin
nAudSelect 0

// Number of frames in sound buffer (= sound lag)
nAudSegCount 6

// The order of PCM/ADPCM interpolation
nInterpolation 1

// The order of FM interpolation
nFMInterpolation 0

// --- DirectSound plugin settings --------------------------------------------

// Sample rate
nAudSampleRate[0] 22050

// DSP module to use for sound enhancement: 0 = none, 1 = low-pass filter
nAudDSPModule[0] 0

// --- XAudio2 plugin settings ------------------------------------------------

// Sample rate
nAudSampleRate[1] 22050

// DSP module to use for sound enhancement: 0 = none, 1 = low-pass filter, 2 = reverb
nAudDSPModule[1] 0

So I figured it loads the Directsound plugin by default, I also see its' sample rate is 22050, shouldnt that be 44100?
Then there's FMinterpolation, don't know what that is.

Has anyone else tried fiddling with these settings before?

what is the correct folder structure for roms? I have a bunch of mame games in the folder and showing in the emulator, however the smsrom i added doesnt show up. i have the file unzipped, ill try rezipping it. my understanding is that fbanext plays sega master system and other roms as well. do they need to be in a dif folder or just the standard rom folder. inside that folder is neocdz so i made a folder callsed smsroms but that didnt work either

The Snes rom support is still work in progress. Currently no support for Snes roms.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fulltimehustler said:

what is the correct folder structure for roms? I have a bunch of mame games in the folder and showing in the emulator, however the smsrom i added doesnt show up. i have the file unzipped, ill try rezipping it. my understanding is that fbanext plays sega master system and other roms as well. do they need to be in a dif folder or just the standard rom folder. inside that folder is neocdz so i made a folder callsed smsroms but that didnt work either

Fbanext on 360 only plays mame.. dont confuse the different versions.. there are other emu to play your roms.. like gavin suggested, use the retroarch cores on this site.. use my config as well.. and you'll be playing those old roms easily..

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 8:07 AM, felida said:

Fbanext on 360 only plays mame.. dont confuse the different versions.. there are other emu to play your roms.. like gavin suggested, use the retroarch cores on this site.. use my config as well.. and you'll be playing those old roms easily..

Yeah I use retroarch for odds and ends. I bet that is what happened maybe I read it played smsroms but it was for pc or xbox1 version or something.

Any chance retroarch will support watara supervision anytime? I assume there needs to be an emulator first before it can be added to retroarch :(

Where do I find your config files? and what does it set up?

1 hour ago, fulltimehustler said:

Yeah I use retroarch for odds and ends. I bet that is what happened maybe I read it played smsroms but it was for pc or xbox1 version or something.

Any chance retroarch will support watara supervision anytime? I assume there needs to be an emulator first before it can be added to retroarch :(

Where do I find your config files? and what does it set up?

My config is in the thread.. iy enables analog, as well as shaders.. just all around needed unless ypu care to learn all the mappings and options lol..

As far as retroarch cores.. retroarch is just a launcher for the emus.. so yes, an emulator would need to be done 1st.. but dont get your hopes up, they quit updating 360 retroarch before swizzy and the gang made the version that is on this site..

• Like 1

im having difficulties trying to get my screenshots to save in the right directory. I cant find any options anywhere inside the emulator or in the files. I take "title shot" or "preview shot" and they both end up in the screenshots directory, but It should go into the title/preview directory right? or do i have to manually move the files with file manager?

also should I have both mame .72 and fbanext, havent tried many games yet, but most of the games ive tried seem to work on fbanext or both. just wondering since they are both mame emulators right?

So ive had alot of trouble with all mame emulators on every system i put them on, easiest way is to find a source with roms included, so ive had fba working for a while but most games dont show up when added, screenshot/title/preview errors, so im using a fresh copy with roms and all of a sudden everything working right, even my neo roms showed up, still havent tried the cdz part but oh well. this emulator came with turbografx roms but theyre not showing up. hit n miss sometimes, more fiddeling to do.

but wow fbanext360 is so cool with the video preview (seen options in other emulators too) so that helps ppl like me who grew up in the late 90s and most of the arcade games were new or you had to go to a laundry mat to play the old shit haha

Hi, i have trouble with the video preview in FBAnext v0.2.97.31. I put wmv files in the video folder, with same name as rom.

Then i start FBAnext, but nothing is shown in the background. Any ideas?

i installed in on my rgh, it starts p, scans 5740 files, but nothing showing up. saying in "all hardware" Showing 0 of 5740 unavailable sets... dont is has the roms? or what am i doing wrong?

10 minutes ago, RascalMods said:

i installed in on my rgh, it starts p, scans 5740 files, but nothing showing up. saying in "all hardware" Showing 0 of 5740 unavailable sets... dont is has the roms? or what am i doing wrong?

I don't think it comes with roms..