RealModScene
starebo

Aurora freezes when I scan content

Hi.

Bought a used xbox with FSD2.1 on it and ran in to some problems and thereforeI formatted the hdd and started from scratch.

Installed
xexmenu,
dashlaunch 3.16
aurora 0,5b r1025

I connect via FTP and made new dir "games" and "emulators"
Transfer games etc to theese dir.

Setting up gamepaths under "content scanning"

But when I scan for new games Aurora freezes.
I've tried with another hdd and the same problem..

Does anyone know why?

//J

Ftp should go to HDD1/Content/00000000/

Then setting scanning should be pointed to that also or can be just HDD1. Sometimes depending speed size of drive or volume of data can cause freezing but should not be for long. Also u said cleaerd hdd is the console on 17489 dash with avatar/kinect data?

Hi.

Bought a used xbox with FSD2.1 on it and ran in to some problems and thereforeI formatted the hdd and started from scratch.

Installed

xexmenu,

dashlaunch 3.16

aurora 0,5b r1025

I connect via FTP and made new dir "games" and "emulators"

Transfer games etc to theese dir.

Setting up gamepaths under "content scanning"

But when I scan for new games Aurora freezes.

I've tried with another hdd and the same problem..

Does anyone know why?

//J

you could check the HDD with such tools as CrystalDiskInfo.. might be a hdd failure problem.. or, Aurora might require a higher kernel than what you have on the console.. 

as if i recall it requires at least 15xxxx??

EDIT: also dont set the scan depth to "infinite" as there are some "bugs" with that too if memory serves me

Ftp should go to HDD1/Content/00000000/

Then setting scanning should be pointed to that also or can be just HDD1. Sometimes depending speed size of drive or volume of data can cause freezing but should not be for long. Also u said cleaerd hdd is the console on 17489 dash with avatar/kinect data?

that directory should only be used for god/DLC/xbla/TU's(unless they go into cache).. extracted versions can go anywhere.. such as "HDD:/Games" 

• Like 2

you could check the HDD with such tools as CrystalDiskInfo.. might be a hdd failure problem.. or, Aurora might require a higher kernel than what you have on the console..

as if i recall it requires at least 15xxxx??

EDIT: also dont set the scan depth to "infinite" as there are some "bugs" with that too if memory serves me

that directory should only be used for god/DLC/xbla/TU's(unless they go into cache).. extracted versions can go anywhere.. such as "HDD:/Games"

Ok felida another thing just learned and apologies for the misinformation thank you guys

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ok felida another thing just learned and apologies for the misinformation thank you guys

Its not "misinformation" ... just more accurate information..
  • Like 1

Its not "misinformation" ... just more accurate information..

Felida could you possibly screenshot the proper structure for me then I can't find a tut that explains it clearly and from what your saying my HDD is all over the place [emoji15]

The proper setup would be simple.. hdd1/content/ is for God,xbla,Tu's and whatnot..

If you use 360 content manager to ftp, you'll never have to worry about where to place it ;-)

• Like 1

The proper setup would be simple.. hdd1/content/ is for God,xbla,Tu's and whatnot..

If you use 360 content manager to ftp, you'll never have to worry about where to place it ;-)

Think I shall on your advice and also will follow something Swizzzy said about GOD formats so I may rebuild ISO's and rip back to xex disc structure. There are so many various way's I have seen peoples who have EMU and Emulator folders and such so can be quite daunting deciding upon which are the correct and improper way's to have it set up. Thank you for your time and comment 

Think I shall on your advice and also will follow something Swizzzy said about GOD formats so I may rebuild ISO's and rip back to xex disc structure. There are so many various way's I have seen peoples who have EMU and Emulator folders and such so can be quite daunting deciding upon which are the correct and improper way's to have it set up. Thank you for your time and comment

There is no right/wrong way of having everything, but there are recommendation...

The content/000...0/ folder is used by the kernel, it loops everything stored here and checks if it's valid data, that means it may take longer to do things if you also put XEX versions of games here...

The way i recommend putting things is:

HDD1:\Games\<a folder for each game>\<game data>

HDD1:\Apps\<a folder for each homebrew app>\<app data>

HDD1:\Emulators\<a folder for each emulator>\<emulator data>\

DLC/TU's have to be in the Content\000..0\ structure in order to work, so those can't really be put anywhere else... leave the Content\000...0\ folder to that type of data

There is no right/wrong way of having everything, but there are recommendation...

The content/000...0/ folder is used by the kernel, it loops everything stored here and checks if it's valid data, that means it may take longer to do things if you also put XEX versions of games here...

The way i recommend putting things is:

HDD1:\Games\\

HDD1:\Apps\

Could explain some minor issues I've had then. Will go about resetting my content properly over the next while and thank you for the recommendation Swizzy

I'm new to this so please explain how I check what kernel I have...

Or, you might begin to explain what kernel is and what it does :-)

Can the wrong kernel cause the problem I have with Aurora freezing?
I've tested with another hdd with the same resault...

I'm new to this so please explain how I check what kernel I have...

Or, you might begin to explain what kernel is and what it does :-)

Can the wrong kernel cause the problem I have with Aurora freezing?

I've tested with another hdd with the same resault...

The kernel is the dash version, if you go into system settings, then console info, it will tell what dash/kernel you are on

Np man.. like swizzy said.. there is no "real" proper format.. except certian things.. but yeah follow the recommendations.. and you shouldn't have a problem.. i highly recommend 360 content manager.. as most (not all, meaning xex formats) content will be placed in correct spots.. and you dont have to really worry about that..

Some people prefer xex formats over GoD versions.. and vice versa.. unless you are modifying the game/app/homebrew.. there isnt a real need for xex formats.. as some files dont transfer due some reason or another..

Also, there are some OG xbox homebrew that will cause errors while scanning with fsd/aurora.. as they really arent supposed to be on 360, reguardless if they work or not. . Might want to comb through your setup too.. just to check..

• Like 1

Np man.. like swizzy said.. there is no "real" proper format.. except certian things.. but yeah follow the recommendations.. and you shouldn't have a problem.. i highly recommend 360 content manager.. as most (not all, meaning xex formats) content will be placed in correct spots.. and you dont have to really worry about that..

Some people prefer xex formats over GoD versions.. and vice versa.. unless you are modifying the game/app/homebrew.. there isnt a real need for xex formats.. as some files dont transfer due some reason or another..

Also, there are some OG xbox homebrew that will cause errors while scanning with fsd/aurora.. as they really arent supposed to be on 360, reguardless if they work or not. . Might want to comb through your setup too.. just to check..

Been using 360content manager for a while now just never used the ftp function always transferred USB for some reason. Just spent the last half hour learning block remapping to try and sort my intermittent E79 fault its becoming a pain always clearing the flash settings so having to reconfigure connectx and stuff just learned tho after setting computer name password share name etc Reboot is not required just a normal Aurora restart works perfectly. Thanks again for taking the time to help out appreciated much ðŸ‘

Been using 360content manager for a while now just never used the ftp function always transferred USB for some reason. Just spent the last half hour learning block remapping to try and sort my intermittent E79 fault its becoming a pain always clearing the flash settings so having to reconfigure connectx and stuff just learned tho after setting computer name password share name etc Reboot is not required just a normal Aurora restart works perfectly. Thanks again for taking the time to help out appreciated much ðŸ‘

If you are using a xbdm.xex plugin, and are recieving that issue.. then you need to find the correct version.. not your particular issue.. but a very common one people make

Unsure what that is only FSD FTP and Connectx plugins I use I tend not too tamper with what I've not researched and although I have those plugins in a folder I wouldn't transfer them from PC till I had a fair idea what they did. Turns out the bad block still there so hey ho another E79 lol

Unsure what that is only FSD FTP and Connectx plugins I use I tend not too tamper with what I've not researched and although I have those plugins in a folder I wouldn't transfer them from PC till I had a fair idea what they did. Turns out the bad block still there so hey ho another E79 lol

The bad blocks should be auto remmaped when using xebuild gui and jrunner.. sooooo.. dunno what is happening there.. check the install?? Wires might be touching something their not supposed to??

The bad blocks should be auto remmaped when using xebuild gui and jrunner.. sooooo.. dunno what is happening there.. check the install?? Wires might be touching something their not supposed to??

Well I took the liberty of going father afield downloaded the zephyr donor and used jtag tool effectively taking all good information from my original and overwriting that info into the donor and everything was fine checked with jrunner said bad block was sorted but when I tried the rewrite in XELL same bad block appeared at 249. 360's are so much fun lol

Thanks for the info.
I'll have a busy weekend som I might not have the time to check and test my xbox, but I'll place a comment after I've tested it.

How do I update my kernel to the latest one?
Link?

Well I took the liberty of going father afield downloaded the zephyr donor and used jtag tool effectively taking all good information from my original and overwriting that info into the donor and everything was fine checked with jrunner said bad block was sorted but when I tried the rewrite in XELL same bad block appeared at 249. 360's are so much fun lol

To properly fix these issues, don't use JRunner, don't use old out-dated software (JTAG Tool is very old and outdated)

These are the steps to fix partially corrupt nand images:

1. Dump current bad data, store this

2. Get your cpukey, store this

3. Build a new nand using the bad data with xeBuild GUI and the settings to extract the vital data (KV, SMC, SMC_Config)

4. Erase the nand using NANDPro, old but proven to work perfectly fine! (repeat this step 2-3 times)

5. Write the clean image from step 3

6. Dump your nand again (don't boot the console before doing this)

7. Build a new nand using this image with xeBuild GUI

8. Flash the new image, should be good to go at this point, if not... there's more steps you can take to fix the issues (hardcore manual remapping)

Thanks for the info.

I'll have a busy weekend som I might not have the time to check and test my xbox, but I'll place a comment after I've tested it.

How do I update my kernel to the latest one?

Link?

http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/ <--- read this ;)

To properly fix these issues, don't use JRunner, don't use old out-dated software (JTAG Tool is very old and outdated)

These are the steps to fix partially corrupt nand images:

1. Dump current bad data, store this

2. Get your cpukey, store this

3. Build a new nand using the bad data with xeBuild GUI and the settings to extract the vital data (KV, SMC, SMC_Config)

4. Erase the nand using NANDPro, old but proven to work perfectly fine! (repeat this step 2-3 times)

5. Write the clean image from step 3

6. Dump your nand again (don't boot the console before doing this)

7. Build a new nand using this image with xeBuild GUI

8. Flash the new image, should be good to go at this point, if not... there's more steps you can take to fix the issues (hardcore manual remapping)

http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/ <--- read this ;)

OK will give that a shot tomorrow Swizzy and let you know how I get on. Hopefully it works because the hardcore manual remapping sounds so much fun [emoji41]. Thank you kindly for your input