RealModScene
datastream

My Cooler Peltier CPU/GPU mod power questions

hey, 

So just ordered a couple of thermoelectric Peltier coolers, and question, noticed some one has all ready done it, (thanks to neubit over at acid mods.com) but where's he run the power to for them? 

one of them can use up to 70w power Operates from 0~15.2V DC and 0~6A

So reading about them i guess the more power you drive into them the colder/hotter they become, so i'll be able to run them from one of the power connections inside the xbox you think? 

and what about condensation? need to worry about that? as they can frost up.. guess i can use some clear varnish and go around the cpu/gpu with it....

Just wanted to check as 140 watt is quite a lot......

peltiers-on.jpg

hmmm after reading it would seem he gave up on them as the "hot" side was getting rather hot, still i can experiment with some fans and the like.... still got to figure out how to power them though....looking like it might be a 12v 9amp power supply.....but kinda lame having to have that plugged in as well....still though....

• Like 1

What about reworking the 12v fan mod the 360 used to use or buy a fan controller I'd imagine one could be built into the 360 chassis somehow

sucking 140 watts from the power supply from the 360 will probably shut it down....thinking it might have to be an external one.... what do you mean about a "fan controller" ? 

sucking 140 watts from the power supply from the 360 will probably shut it down....thinking it might have to be an external one.... what do you mean about a "fan controller" ?

It will for sure yeah, the Jasper PSU is capped at 150w, that leaves a mere 10w for the console :p

Ok so rework was rethink and try a work around and for the option of an external implemented fan controller ? I know the slim ps3 power can be tamperfeared with so was assuming the 360 could be also

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/casemodsandlighting/NZXT/AC-SEN-3-B1.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA0ZC2BRDpo_Pym8m-4n4SJAB5Bn4xw-7v4lfeNkf42EG0Zj-6YKAIvil0zOIYDyI2iX53dhoCECXw_wcB#utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products <<< Similar to the pc ones and obviously can't be powered internally but can buy molex converters and such and simplify things to what suits your needs......

@ superted.... it's power that i need mate, like 140 watts of it, fan controllers won't do anything but control the speed/power input/output, i see where your coming from but it's "power" i need. 

I've sourced a 12v 140 watt power supply, just not sure i want that hanging out the side of the machine etc. so i might be putting these on the top shelf for now....

(and yeah you can suck a little for fan mods etc. from the power supply for little "light" mods.)