RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vstar950

serious sam collection not copying to xbox from disc

i have no idea what is the issue here. i have a retail copy of serious sam collection. i go into file manager open dvd. copy files to a new folder named serious sam collection and transfer the files over. everything copies over fine no issues. it will show up on my dashboard as a valid game. when i try to boot it it says the game couldnt start. try downloading the game again. mind you this is a brand new just cracked the seal on this game then put it directly in the drive. What gives?

Since all of those games are arcade games, try copying the content folder to the root of your hdd, and see if they show up in the original xbox dashboard. If they do, add the content folder to your scan paths, and they will show up in aurora also.

• Like 1

i tried transfering files copied to xbox to usb again. then to pc. then to creatiso. then o iso to god. transferred back. the same problem persists. xm360 is having same result. i have not had any issues transferring games from usb or dvd drive. but this one game is really getting annoying.

You don't make it a god, inside of the disc you have a content folder, correct? Copy that!

Sent from my SM-G903F

i did copy that. and thats how this started. the game runs fine from the retail disc by the way

Well, the retail disc have a launcher in it which loads from DVD, so trying to run the default.xex will crash... always...

put the disc in pc/laptop rip data with XBC or similar then FTP the files or copy them over via USB

That won't help, you need a special drive to rip 360 games aswell

what do we do here? i do not want ro run game from the disc drive .  i tried running from flashdrive with no luck. since fable 3 worked that way i figured this game would as well. I really could use some help.

Just a thought here because i have had that issue aswell....could it be the xex file?? Only reason im saying this is because i had issue with a couple of games doing this ( all rock bands. Serious sam collection and all Just dance games) and i found modded xex files and they all work i just couldnt find one for serious sam...

• Like 1

Well, this particular game is likely a XBLA on disk type of thing... which means, it's just a fancy XBLA launcher really...