RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
mrripply

rg boots to normal dash after trying to update to Aoura?

Hi all,

I have a Dual nand rgh i bought, it was running fine untill about an hour ago. i tried to update to aurora as freestyle has not been working great i read that people are moving across, iftpd it to my rgh.  then went to file manager and opened the dashlaunch xex. t it said dashlaunch could not boot as there was an updated version Do You Want To update! So i did . the console restarted and now it boots to the original dashboard and i cant get in to xex menu or fsd i have no options. i have a friends hdd here and i tried that one and it boots into fsd no problem any chance of some help here as my son is due home and he wont be happy that its not working!

thanks in advance

Mrripply

You need to update the Dashlaunch configuration, that's all...

hey thank you very much for the replys, i know this may be obvious to some but how can i update the config if i cant access dashlaunch or fsd? 

thanks again

hey thank you very much for the replys, i know this may be obvious to some but how can i update the config if i cant access dashlaunch or fsd? 

thanks again

You said your friends disk works? then just use it to generate a config for your own system...

You can also write your own launch.ini on your PC, that's all there is... a text file that contain various fields telling dashlaunch what you want it to do :)

You said your friends disk works? then just use it to generate a config for your own system...

You can also write your own launch.ini on your PC, that's all there is... a text file that contain various fields telling dashlaunch what you want it to do :)

i used my mates rgh hdd i was transfering files to, and that worked fine. im not able to code or configure xml or anything like that. is there a simple solution? why cant i access fsd or xex?

i used my mates rgh hdd i was transfering files to, and that worked fine. im not able to code or configure xml or anything like that. is there a simple solution? why cant i access fsd or xex?

XEXMenu should be available from "My Games" in NXE and should boot, if you installed it correctly there...

The format used is actually ini... it's like this:

field=value

extremly simple, the most important one in your case is "default=" which then should be followed by the path to the app you want it to install such as this:

default=hdd:\Apps\Aurora\Aurora.xex

XEX is not there in NXE, I thank you for your help but i have to admit im lost here. i read somewhere that with horizon i could reinstall fsd? but the last time i used horizon it messed my pc up and i had to reinstall windows. your above suggestion does sound simple but when you dont know what you are doing its a bit daunting!

im under pressure from the missus to get it working again the kid is going ape shit :)

anyone?

try putting xexmenu 1.2 and dashlaunch on usb with your own hdd in the console and if you can launch xexmenu use that to launch the dashlaunch default.xex, from there open paths in dashlaunch and navigate it too your hdd with aurora installed and point it to the default.xex in that Aurora folder then use right shoulder, scroll down to hdd and press X to save the launch.ini then reboot the console.

try putting xexmenu 1.2 and dashlaunch on usb with your own hdd in the console and if you can launch xexmenu use that to launch the dashlaunch default.xex, from there open paths in dashlaunch and navigate it too your hdd with aurora installed and point it to the default.xex in that Aurora folder then use right shoulder, scroll down to hdd and press X to save the launch.ini then reboot the console.

hey thanks for replying, does the usb have to formated to fat 32? and will the xbox let me open it up after. also does xex have to be in a folder or just on the root of the usb. i take it i dont have to ormat the usb in the xbox first?

thanks

if it's fat32 it keep them in folders and use the friends hdd initially to install xexmenu as a demo so you can run it from the nxe menu. can you do this ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9COMxXKm05BQWNv-IpyPg also watch this guys guides he's better than most for simplifying stuff so us non coders can understand lol

USB Devices has to be FAT32 for the console to properly read them, FAT16 also works but very poorly... NTFS don't work at all...

if it's fat32 it keep them in folders and use the friends hdd initially to install xexmenu as a demo so you can run it from the nxe menu. can you do this ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9COMxXKm05BQWNv-IpyPg also watch this guys guides he's better than most for simplifying stuff so us non coders can understand lol

This worked a treat, thank you very much indeed a great idea. Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions in the end i followed the above and copied xex from my mates hdd to a usb then put it on my rgh as a demo and now its there and i can use fsd now. thanks again

• Like 1