RealModScene
Skyhi

XBMC for Xbox 360

I will look into porting GL2DX  to the xbox later this week, but from what I can see, the functions are limited, some are partial stubs, and others are commented out completly. I was also looking at TitaniumGL, which in windows does the same thing, but I dont think it supports anything after OpenGL 1.2 API. As for that project, which seems to have a lot more work done on it, it is a closed source library, so I will have to wait and see if the developer writes me back, and if they are interested in porting it to the 360, or will give me the code to do it myself. The other issue I have seen with GL2DX, is that it was written for DX11, where as far as I know the xbox only supports 9.0c and lower api, where Titanium GL is programmed  to work all the way from windows 98 to windows 10.(Then again if you dont have a video card that supports opengl in windows 10, your issues are much bigger then I thought. ;))

Long story short it seems like a fun learning experience, but I am not going to make any promises, because I dont know how well the code I am starting with works, let alone how much of the systems resources it will take to convert all of the rendering math for DX, which would then be taken away from the app, game, or emulator you are trying to run. Also cant promise that it will work on all versions of the xbox kernel. You would think it would, but I cant promise it will.

Edit:
Just found GLDirect, which is an opensource 32bit library that uses a modified version of Mesa OpenGL library that wraps everything to DirectX 9. Should be much easier to port to the xbox, and already has 90% of the required code for the xbox360 port. :) I think I will use that as a starting point, as I know that Mesa libs support most GL calls, and functions.
  • Like 4

Thanks Gavin for any help you can offer - I'm glad others see the potential for good things with an openGL port!

Yeah I saw that GLDirect too and thought the same thing being based on directx 9 it should be closer to what we need but it looked like too much code for me to tackle heheh...

If there is anything you want me to test just give me a shout!

Best of luck :-)

• Like 3

Would be so awesome if XBMC is ported to the 360. I use it all the time on my og xbox and KODI on my pc. Now just to add it to 360 and life would be complete :)

• Like 1

On 23/08/2016 at 4:44 AM, gavin_darkglider said:

XBMC4360 info: http://www.emuxtras....&t=5478&p=69532, and here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5055&p=34266

Not sure if these are the same project, but it seems to be a step in the right direction.

Old post but the emuxtras link you posted was edited 1/1/18

https://github.com/marty28/XBMC-360

He looks to be making progress and still working onit 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of which and this might be off topic, Remember when Kodi was removed from the xbox one store?  I'm wondering while it was on there if it's usage stats and other stuff that kodi uses for reporting  make it back to the powers that be who could use it to possibly further xploit the xbox one?

1 hour ago, StaticPulse said:

Speaking of which and this might be off topic, Remember when Kodi was removed from the xbox one store?  I'm wondering while it was on there if it's usage stats and other stuff that kodi uses for reporting  make it back to the powers that be who could use it to possibly further xploit the xbox one?

Its back on the store fool.. lmao.. been using it for a while now

6 hours ago, ianboy1987 said:

Could any1 point me in the right direction on how to compile this ?

https://youtu.be/lU9kNJC9zs4

Massive fan of xbmc since og xbox, i have managed to do for og xbox in passed but the is a guide to follow

https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/HOW-TO:Compile_XBMC_for_Xbox 

Any help would be appreciated

Doesnt work properly with 360 emulating xbox classic.

Hence wanting updated Kodi build instead.

18 hours ago, StaticPulse said:

Doesnt work properly with 360 emulating xbox classic.

Hence wanting updated Kodi build instead.

Lol

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 2:27 AM, ianboy1987 said:

I think its the same project but i could be wrong, Im sure befor he edited his post there was a xbmc4xbox link on his link 

http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=5478

Yah, I think you're right.

You catch that Dolphin.xex teaser in his video? Makes me wonder if he's planning a port of that too. I did a google and found this.

https://github.com/rexdex/recompiler/tree/master/projects/xenon/dolphin

EDIT

In my stupidity I thought it was in reference to a gamecube to 360 project.. I thought Xenia was near completion?

6 hours ago, StaticPulse said:

Yah, I think you're right.

You catch that Dolphin.xex teaser in his video? Makes me wonder if he's planning a port of that too. I did a google and found this.

https://github.com/rexdex/recompiler/tree/master/projects/xenon/dolphin

EDIT

In my stupidity I thought it was in reference to a gamecube to 360 project.. I thought Xenia was near completion?

Check out his youtube his done afew things mainly for og xbox 

XBMC is getting there 

His active on emuExtras.com if need to contact him 

• Like 2

For this to be successful it must be able to be updated for the new builds of Kodi. And I don't know how well it will handle H.265 for newer HD videos. I hope he succeeds.

Hope n wish him success with this build, it will open up more for the consoles n maybe bigger n better projects. Keep the faith

17 hours ago, StaticPulse said:

For this to be successful it must be able to be updated for the new builds of Kodi. And I don't know how well it will handle H.265 for newer HD videos. I hope he succeeds.

He is looking for devs to help port it if any one can spare some time 

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 3:47 PM, C4eva said:

I want to to help develop this further! How can i get in touch??

Watching these projects from the sidelines is so frustrating, I wish I could help, but I make my living swinging a hammer. You guys that put in the work on these projects are my heroes, dead serious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moses_373 said:

Watching these projects from the sidelines is so frustrating, I wish I could help, but I make my living swinging a hammer. You guys that put in the work on these projects are my heroes, dead serious.

That's how I often feel, if you want ideas on your structured cabling or a logical topology or someone to toss ideas to, I'm your man, but I have never been a coder. I respect people who can actually enjoy scripting because it can be so maddening to debug your own source especially when trying to implement the updates modules without breaking the build.

Like me troubleshooting a break in structured cabling to get something important back online or to trace to the right circuit ID without interrupting client services so you can do demarc extension and hotcut with the least time of service interruption.

• Like 1