RealModScene
Rebelian23

Rock Band DLC problems

hey guys. straight to the problem. the DLC's i have for my RB1 are showing in the game but will not play, once4 I select the song for example bob marley it goes to the loading menu but it gets stuck there. But there are a couple that dont even show up at all. Correct me if im wrong but the sets of songs go into the market place folder( those are shoing in the game) and the single songs go into saved data( these are not working). I tried adding them via Horizon, Modio and Directly into the folders. \they are all unlocked aswell and I am running tu3 which is the highest i could find for the MediaID of my copy of RB1. Can anyone give me a solution on how to get them working please.

Next issue is that my RB2 will not work on my Jtag. My Green day didnt work either until i found a custom xex for the game and now it runs just fine. Can anyone help with that aswell.

Thanks guys

i Thought the same thing but thats even where Horizon puts them. i did try placing them all into marketplace but it doesnt work. the packs came out in sets of three which are shoing in the game. but the songs that can out as singles are not showing up in the game at all. It just puzzles me that the ones that are showing are not actually playing. I forget to mention that i also tried using lisence cleaner and it didnt change anything

I was having some freezing issues with my rockband 3 dlc recently. I tried different title updates till they eventually worked. With my dlc it went either in the 45410829\0000002 or 45410829\0000001 folder.

• Like 1

I don't know what to tell ya man. Run them all through xm360 to make sure they're unlocked and try all 3 title updates. Are you by any chance trying to play custom made rock band tracks? Because if you are then you NEED rock band 3 and TU 4. There's a tutorial for it here:

http://pksage.com/ccc/IPS/index.php?/topic/13171-how-to-playing-customs-on-360/

I tried this and it works, only way you can play led zeppelin and pink floyd on rock band. 

• Like 1

I just downloaded Rockband and 22GB of songs. Ive got Jtag and Aurora. Is it possible to play cusom songs with my downloaded copy? Ive tried google alot during the last 2 weeks. But havent really found what I need.

i will try and find the TU1 and 2 and see what happens. No non of them are custom songs man and RB 3 is impossible to find anymore...the DLC song that i have are for RB 1 and 2

i will try and find the TU1 and 2 and see what happens. No non of them are custom songs man and RB 3 is impossible to find anymore...the DLC song that i have are for RB 1 and 2

You should be able to get all the Title Updates on xbox unity. Can you PM me a link to where you got the dlc from?

@MRZ, You need Rock Band 3 for that link I posted earlier. All of their songs work great on it, if you follow that tutorial. Try not to hijack threads though, make a new one if you have issues.

• Like 1

I downloaded RB 3 last week and got a DLC with 70GB of songs. Worked perfect on my Jtag. So try to find RB 3 again. I heared its the best Rock Band version.

Yes it might be the best but i would still have the issue of RB 1 and 2 not working well. My RB 2 doesn't even work on my xbox. I know that it is a issue with Corona Motherboards. I can provide a link to the threads i found to show you if i am allowed to(not sure if i can post links to external sites). but this is my problem:

1. No Harmonix games work correctly on Corona Motherboards without custom xex and gen files.

2. still not sure if the DLC packs work on the MB.

3. the xex's are associated with TU's but the MediaID i have for RB 1 and 2 don't have those TU's.

I assume that for example if rock band 2 has two different MediaID's, they will still have the same default.xex file for both MediaID's. correct me if I'm wrong and if anyone can explain why a single game has more than 1 mediaID that would help a lot.

if anyone has come across this please let me know and tell me how it could be fixed.

not sure if i can post links to external sites

You are allowed to post links to external sites, as long as it's not for copyright protected material, as in if you can download DLC or games from said link, then it's NOT allowed, if it's just discussing some issues or whatever, feel free to post it...

Different MediaID usually means different BaseVersion which usually means it's a different version of the game (something changed for this particular version of the game, which means it needs a different update as the patches are done in different locations on different versions of the game)

Hi Guys,

This is an old topic but here's my situation - I have two RGH's, a Corona 4gb RGH running RB3 no TU and it loads up ALL my songs AND customs no problem and manages to load to full capacity of roughly (just under) 3000 songs.  However, I tried doing the same thing on my Falcon RGH but for whatever reason it only loads up to around 1000 songs.  I tried using TU4 also, no luck.  

Side note:  a long time ago when RB3 came out for the Corona it wasn't able to load songs in general and a modified .xex was created by someone to get it to work specifically for Corona and that's what I've been using since - I'll try using that xex on the Falcon and report back but I don't think that would fix it (I guess I'll find out soon enough - lol)  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

btw, If you're looking for REALLY recent songs for Rock Band there is a group called "Custom Creators Collective" and they have a HUGE selection of rock band songs and tools to convert any format, it's crazy!!

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I'm back!  I figured out the problem.  The reason why my Falcon RGH was only seeing around 1000 songs was because that's all the files that made it over!  lol

I was using XEXMENU to do the file transfer and trusted it when it said transfer complete but it lied!  

Anyway, long story short, always verify your file transfers.  As I'm typing this, I'm re-transferring the rest of the files over via FTP.

Hi Guys,

I'm back! I figured out the problem. The reason why my Falcon RGH was only seeing around 1000 songs was because that's all the files that made it over! lol

I was using XEXMENU to do the file transfer and trusted it when it said transfer complete but it lied!

Anyway, long story short, always verify your file transfers. As I'm typing this, I'm re-transferring the rest of the files over via FTP.

bud for me the best way to do it through horizon. That way it shouldnt go to the wrong destination....that how i did it and i never had issue. And just to clear things up a little....original song created for the game go into on file.....custom create songs from C3 or the site you mentioned went to a completely seperate file. This is y i am saying use horizon because it eill sort them for you. Hope this helps man
  • Like 1

bud for me the best way to do it through horizon. That way it shouldnt go to the wrong destination....that how i did it and i never had issue. And just to clear things up a little....original song created for the game go into on file.....custom create songs from C3 or the site you mentioned went to a completely seperate file. This is y i am saying use horizon because it eill sort them for you. Hope this helps man

Cool!  I didn't know Horizon had that capability.  I normally use xbox360 content manager - I'll have to check out horizon.  btw, I pretty much know where all the songs go for RB3.  It's the folder with all the 00000002 (don't quote me here on the # of 0's) what I did was create a short cut to it in my ftp program AND a short cut to it on my external 2tb usb drive.  Any songs I drop in there just works whether it be rockband or custom - mind you have to use the C3 CON Tools to convert the song files to LIVE or they won't load.

Cool! I didn't know Horizon had that capability. I normally use xbox360 content manager - I'll have to check out horizon. btw, I pretty much know where all the songs go for RB3. It's the folder with all the 00000002 (don't quote me here on the # of 0's) what I did was create a short cut to it in my ftp program AND a short cut to it on my external 2tb usb drive. Any songs I drop in there just works whether it be rockband or custom - mind you have to use the C3 CON Tools to convert the song files to LIVE or they won't load.

Use TU 4.. TU 5 patched the game to not use CON files.. plus there is a limit of about 3000 songs.. tu 4 can easily be found on a google search.. and tu 4 is messed up on untiy..

Edit: 1st result in google gives you this link:

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/title-updates/11972-rock-band-3-xbox-360-title-update-4-download-works-custom-created-songs.html

• Like 1