RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Flaminek

xbox wont power up

recently sold my sister my old xbox 360 slim with flashed drive.

the hdmi had stopped working some time ago.

she says the power pack is orange light but console wont power up.

i looked online and only thinh i could deduce is maybe its the usb port pins are touching.she says there not.

are there any other reasons why it wouldn't power on?

meanwhile i am putting feelers out to replace this console in case its died so does anyone have a 360 slim with flashed drive i can buy?

are there any other reasons why it wouldn't power on?

1. power brick not pushed in to console all the way.. 

2. since it's a slim, the ribbon on the face plate(the thin ass wire harness that works the power/eject) could be damaged or just not connected, can it boot with a wired (or sync'd) controller?

3. something else internally could be going wrong.. bad resistor, blown capacitor ect.

4. as for your question about flashed slims.. odds are.. you wont find the PCB (maybe you can) anymore (TX quit making those ALONG time ago).. so slim pickings.. if someone has it.. 

• Like 1

thanks.there's a few sellers i know who do the kamikazee drill method on ebay for a £15 or so.

my sister says it was all working fine then some warning flashed on the screen then later they turned ot off and went back to it later and no power. nothing was moved or altered.

she sent it me back in uk via collect+ and now it's gone missing too which i am gutted about as it had a black chrome controller and sputnik hack dvd drive and 500gb hdd with 83 games installed :(

Just a shot in the dark but check the resistor next to the hana chip,I had a slim that wouldn't power up checked that and replaced it booted up like normal