RealModScene
Mohamed Maher

Help me please

I installed Aurora 0.5b on my xbox but now i have proplem with my aurora no background or screenshot. When i tried to uninstall it to install it again it won't delete all files please help me

I installed Aurora 0.5b on my xbox but now i have proplem with my aurora no background or screenshot. When i tried to uninstall it to install it again it won't delete all files please help me

Here's the quick fix to just rule out anything you may or may have not done.

Lets see if you have a background image set first and that it's dimensions are not any higher than 1920X1080 resolution.

1.  From aurora main screen press the B button and scroll down to Theme and see if you have a default background set.
  2.  If default background isn't set and your screen is black then most likely the image file you are trying to use is either too high a resolution or it is corrupted.
  3.  If you are trying to use just a default background and it is black then most likely it is corrupted and you'll have to replace it from one from a new download
  4. The file in question that you would want to replace is I believe Aurora.Assets.Background.png in the \Xbox360\System\Aurora\Media\Assets folder.
  5. It may be the skin which is loaded in \Xbox360\System\Aurora\Skins folder and is file Default.xzp
  6. ok...  Now for the screen shot issue. Go back to the main AUrora menu and press start
  7. scroll down to plugin and check the "Screen Capture Combo to see if it is enabled and that the "activator" and "Trigger" buttons have been mapped to what you want them set to in order to take an on-the-fly screenshot.
  8. I'm assuming your main problem here is that  you were having problems getting your screen captures to set as an Aurora background correct?

OKAY THEN Custom backgrounds it is:

• Go to \Xbox360\System\Aurora folder and create a new folder named Backgrounds
  • Cut/paste your screenshots from \Xbox360\System\Aurora\Media\Assets or FTP your custom backgrounds into that folder.
  • Bear in mind, 1920x1080 resolution and I'm not sure if the file extension really matters, I use jpg,jpeg, and png. gif may or may not be supported, try and find out.
  • When you've transfered what you wanted into that folder, go back to the main Aurora menu, press B, scroll to themes, and change background to what you want. If they don't display on the menu, hit X to refresh.

If that didn't fix your problem then keep reading...

Before I help you, I need to know. Did you do this RGH install yourself (Is it an RGH or JTAG?)  and are you using fakeanim? Also, do you have all your files backed up in case of a failure?

If not then you need to back your data up first (AUrora, dashlaunch, games database, etc, not games they'll be fine,) then, make a new folder for your replacement Aurora folder and place the new files there, afterwards you will want to go into dashlaunch, change your default Aurora path that Aurora uses for default.xex and direct it to the default.xex in the new Aurora folder. Save your dashlaunch config and exit. It should then instead load your new Aurora install, which you can then delete your old one, or if you so choose to move your games database (Located in: \Xbox360\System\Aurora\Data\Databases\content.db) to the new folder (providing that this isn't what is causing your problem) or you will have to reconfigure aurora with your file paths and rescan your system. You may also want to backup your \Xbox360\System\Aurora\Data\Databases\settings.db file also.

This is just an overview to give you what options that would be available providing someone else here won't or can't help you troubleshoot your current Aurora install to restore the features that you're inquiring about.

• Like 2

Here's the quick fix to just rule out anything you may or may have not done.

Lets see if you have a background image set first and that it's dimensions are not any higher than 1920X1080 resolution.

• From aurora main screen press the B button and scroll down to Theme and see if you have a default background set.
  • If default background isn't set and your screen is black then most likely the image file you are trying to use is either too high a resolution or it is corrupted.
  • If you are trying to use just a default background and it is black then most likely it is corrupted and you'll have to replace it from one from a new download
  • The file in question that you would want to replace is I believe Aurora.Assets.Background.png in the \Xbox360\System\Aurora\Media\Assets folder.
  • It may be the skin which is loaded in \Xbox360\System\Aurora\Skins folder and is file Default.xzp
  • ok... Now for the screen shot issue. Go back to the main AUrora menu and press start
  • scroll down to plugin and check the "Screen Capture Combo to see if it is enabled and that the "activator" and "Trigger" buttons have been mapped to what you want them set to in order to take an on-the-fly screenshot.
  • I'm assuming your main problem here is that you were having problems getting your screen captures to set as an Aurora background correct?
OKAY THEN Custom backgrounds it is:
  • Go to \Xbox360\System\Aurora folder and create a new folder named Backgrounds
  • Cut/paste your screenshots from \Xbox360\System\Aurora\Media\Assets or FTP your custom backgrounds into that folder.
  • Bear in mind, 1920x1080 resolution and I'm not sure if the file extension really matters, I use jpg,jpeg, and png. gif may or may not be supported, try and find out.
  • When you've transfered what you wanted into that folder, go back to the main Aurora menu, press B, scroll to themes, and change background to what you want. If they don't display on the menu, hit X to refresh.

If that didn't fix your problem then keep reading...

Before I help you, I need to know. Did you do this RGH install yourself (Is it an RGH or JTAG?) and are you using fakeanim? Also, do you have all your files backed up in case of a failure?

If not then you need to back your data up first (AUrora, dashlaunch, games database, etc, not games they'll be fine,) then, make a new folder for your replacement Aurora folder and place the new files there, afterwards you will want to go into dashlaunch, change your default Aurora path that Aurora uses for default.xex and direct it to the default.xex in the new Aurora folder. Save your dashlaunch config and exit. It should then instead load your new Aurora install, which you can then delete your old one, or if you so choose to move your games database (Located in: \Xbox360\System\Aurora\Data\Databases\content.db) to the new folder (providing that this isn't what is causing your problem) or you will have to reconfigure aurora with your file paths and rescan your system. You may also want to backup your \Xbox360\System\Aurora\Data\Databases\settings.db file also.

This is just an overview to give you what options that would be available providing someone else here won't or can't help you troubleshoot your current Aurora install to restore the features that you're inquiring about.

I mean the background of games.

And also there is some title updates doesn't work fine.

And i tried to do these stips before but i faild to delete old files.

Sorry for my bad English, and thank you

I mean the background of games.

And also there is some title updates doesn't work fine.

And i tried to do these stips before but i faild to delete old files.

Sorry for my bad English, and thank you

You can select specific covers for titles via http://xboxunity.net

Log in with your unity details and look up the title in question. you can then push the cover to your xbox via your unity account, or download it to disk.

There is another method involving a cover editor but I don't know much about it other than it exists.

• Like 1

You can select specific covers for titles via http://xboxunity.net

Log in with your unity details and look up the title in question. you can then push the cover to your xbox via your unity account, or download it to disk.

There is another method involving a cover editor but I don't know much about it other than it exists.

I have the covers but i mean the backgrounds and screenshot of the game which should be downloaded with the cover

I have the covers but i mean the backgrounds and screenshot of the game which should be downloaded with the cover

Ohhh that...

Usually what I do for that is press start, xbox marketplace, select what assets you want, set the ammount of screenshots you want and thenpress the download missing assets button.

I don't know what your original problem was with missing covers, but in your first post you said you tried to delete Aurora to reinstall. Now you most likely have an incomplete installation because you cannot delete all of Aurora while it's running. You would need to go to a file manager in Dashlaunch, FSD, XEXmenu, or install another Aurora and boot to it before you can delete the old install.

edit: you might also want to check if livestrong is enabled in Dashlaunch. If it is, that's why some items are not being scraped for your games. Disable it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NadiaCore said:

I uninstalled the default theme and my box is not working now how to solve

your box is still working.. just reinstall the skin