RealModScene
stanley789

DOES ROOM TEMPERATURE AFFECTS MY RGH XBOX 360 SLIM TEMPERATURE?

Hello guys i have a concern bout temperature and i live in africa and making plans to travel out.so i went to the guy who RGH my console and he changed my thermal paste and i was playing my xbox at his workshop and i saw improvements in the temperature on idle ut was like 52.0c for the cpu to 57 to 58 before so ont playing and testing games i noticed it wasnt climbing much and he had an Air conditioner in his workshop so i got back home since here there is alot of heat i switch on the fan plugged the xbox 360 and there we go the temperatures keep climbing rapidly and i room where i plaued was damn hot so wish to know if room temperature affects the console temperatures too?

Lol of course it does

If you're worried about your Xbox temperature you can change it through Dash Launch, I'm sure someone can explain it better to you

• Like 3

Think about it this way, if you put your xbox in the oven(Which I would never suggest doing, btw), and then tried to play it, do you think it would still work 20 minutes later. No, it wouldnt. Basic logic says this applys to the room your system is in also. You also have to consider airflow from the fans, as if they are sucking in hot air, it wont cool it down much. But since most consoles are designed with heat in mind, I would be more woried about humidity, than room temperature.

So which means its my room temperature right?cuz i was damn shocked when i left his place for my home and i forgot to tell u the xbox was standing almost next to the fresh cold air of the air conditioner

So which means its my room temperature right?cuz i was damn shocked when i left his place for my home and i forgot to tell u the xbox was standing almost next to the fresh cold air of the air conditioner

Yes, if your room is very warm, the console won't have any way of cooling... did you read what gavin told you? his explanation is very very easy to understand... if the air around the console is warm, so will the console be...

It's not a magic machine that converts hot air to cold air and cools down it's internal components...

I also don't recommend having the fan set to 100%, it's bad practice as you're putting alot more pressure on the fan which will lead to it breaking down earlier then it would if you changed the temp target to like 65 making it keep that temperature instead of trying to minimize the temperature in the console

Yes, if your room is very warm, the console won't have any way of cooling... did you read what gavin told you? his explanation is very very easy to understand... if the air around the console is warm, so will the console be...

It's not a magic machine that converts hot air to cold air and cools down it's internal components...

I also don't recommend having the fan set to 100%, it's bad practice as you're putting alot more pressure on the fan which will lead to it breaking down earlier then it would if you changed the temp target to like 65 making it keep that temperature instead of trying to minimize the temperature in the console

ok thanks very much

If you want that magic machine, it is called an air conditioner. lol.

• Like 2