gangrel_1313

HOW TO: Wirelessly FTP your WIFI enabled Phat or Slim 360 with Freestyle Dash

How to Wirelessly FTP your WIFI enabled Phat or Slim 360 with Freestyle Dash

Written by Gangrel_1313 @ http://RealModScene.com

First log into NXE, Go to SETTINGS, Click on SYSTEM

Next click NETWORK SETTINGS

Then on the Available Networks screen, click ADVANCED OPTIONS

Next click CREATE A AD-HOC NETWORK

Create the SSID (name) of your network using the on-screen keyboard, we'll use XBXFSD for this tutorial, but you can use anything.

Next at the EDIT AD-HOC WIRELESS SETTINGS screen, you can add WIRELESS SECURITY and modify 802.11 NETWORK TYPE, which is optional, for this tutorial I'm just leaving settings as default (no security), then click Done.

You will automatically connect the Xbox to the AD-HOC Network (NOTE: it shows no bars until you connect your PC to the connection, once connected it will show signal strength)

Leave your Xbox on that screen, Now with your wireless PC (i'm using Windows 7), click the signal bar on your task bar to bring up wireless connections.. Search for the SSID you created, in this case XBXFSD and connect. (NOTE: if you used security when setting up the AD-HOC network on the xbox, you will be prompted for the password you created)

You may have to wait a minute or so to aquire a IP address for the console, now press the globe on the Xbox controller and click FREESTYLE HOME (or XBOX HOME).

Then Click YES when prompted.

Now back on the Freestyle Dashboard, you should see your aquired IP address (Mine was 169.254.121.235, yours may be different) (NOTE: if you dont see your top and bottom bars, click right analog stick to make them appear).

Now you have different options for transferring files, if you use Windows, you can use Windows Explorer by clicking MY COMPUTER and entering this into the address bar:

ftp://xbox:xbox@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (X's replaced with the IP you obtained, xbox is default FTP login/password credentials on FSD)

Then click enter and it should connect to the Xbox's FTP server, then you can browse the directories and transfer files from PC to the XBOX.

Another FTP method is with your favorite FTP clients (I use Filezilla), just type the IP address in the server box and Xbox in Username and Xbox in Password box and connect.

That's all, Thanks for reading my tutorial, you can contact me if you have problems or dont understand something, I'm gangrel_1313 on http://RealModScene.com

You can download this tutorial in PDF form (Attached to post), it includes images.

How to Wirelessly FTP your WIFI enabled Phat or Slim 360 with Freestyle Dash.pdf