RealModScene
professor_jonny

reset video mode with dashlaunch and fake anim?

If I set my console to 1080p for example then take it into the bedroom I get an unsupported resolution as I have an older TV.

To fix this issue in the NXE you hold the yellow button and the right trigger after powering on the console from the controller sync button.

With dash launch and or fake anim one seems to  mess with that function and it no longer works so you have to take the Xbox and plug it into another TV to reduce the resolution and bring it back so it would sync on this specific TV.

Is there an easy fix for this or could dash launch be extended to have a reset or set video mode button combo on boot?

Every time I take my console from the lounge to the bedroom before I un plug it I have to make sure the resolution is 720p or under or I can't  see it when I plug it in to my other TV.

If any one may be able to offer a work around it would be really appreciated.

This problem specifically started happening after enabling FakeAnim?

Personally I don't use FakeAnim, and I have to do the same thing every time-- set to 720p before moving my console.

I think this might be a problem with NXE rather than FakeAnim. Have you tried disabling FakeAnim and trying again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it could be either as dash launch takes over handling on the buttons on boot for the shortcut apps.

i think it has more of a problem to do with dashlaunch but i have not disabled either to see as of yet.

That's true-- I didn't consider that aspect. I just never have been able to get the video reset combo to work. I've tried both with a controller and just the power button itself (this was on my tri-NAND slim trinity; using stock NAND).

On at least slim consoles, if you hold the power button for 10 seconds (if I recall correctly) it does the same thing as the controller combo. Try giving that a shot and see if you have better luck than I did. If you do it right, you should see the Ring of Light do a "countdown" like pattern, then I believe the console also emits a beep noise.

Otherwise, if that doesn't work I would be curious to know if disabling Dashlaunch/FakeAnim works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk