RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
starebo

Freezes just after startup

I just bought a xbox360 With FSD 2.2 (I thínk) and ran into som problems...

Downloaded some new games and didn't see them in the "360 games"-menu, so I got in to the settings and found out that I'll have ro rescan before the new games will show up.

At the same time I unchecked the Box "don't scan on startup" (can't remember exactly what it said) and thought that's a good idea to make the Xbox scan everytime it started.. but not.

From now on it freezes and I can't undo this setting.
It starts normally but just after it's finishes and the menys shws up, it freezes.

Anyone tha's been having the same issue?
is it possible to undo this?

//joQue

First, I have to ask: do you prefer to stick with FSD? Because I and others would strongly recommend you use Aurora instead.

First step you can do to fix it is to download the FSD "LIVE" installer (from Xbins). I am going to assume that you don't already have a USB drive formatted for Xbox 360 (please correct me if I am wrong).

Before we can use the Live installer, you'll need to format your USB drive. Start your Xbox, and immediately press the guide button and open System Settings on the far right tab. One of two things will happen-- you will be greeted with Dashlaunch (unlikely), or you will open the Xbox 360 dashboard. If you get the dashboard, then open settings -> storage, then format your USB drive here.

Let me know when you've done this and I'll assist you with copying the FSD live installer to the USB drive. You will either need Party Buffalo file manager or Horizon (horizonmb.com).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm completely new in the xbox world so the aswer to your question if I prefer FSD... don't know :-)
Why do you prefer Aurora compared to FSD?

Must I format the USB-drive in my Xbox or can I do it in my PC? If I'm right it only has to be in FAT32?

At the moment I haven't tried to install FSD Live, but before I do that I must ask if it's done With or without the HDD mounted?
The Xbox starts up fine without the HDD but With it, it freezes, so I have a feeling I'm stuck because the FSD is on my HDD and it is the settings in the FSD I must change (scan on startup).

Does it make any senese what I mean?

Please excuse if I don't express myself correctly... I'm a beginner at this :police:

//J

• Like 1

FSD is no longer being updated, it's an abandoned software...

Aurora is the new software made by people that worked on FSD, it's much more stable and more powerful aswell, there are features in FSD which aren't available in Aurora, some of which are planned for future releases, others which we do not plan to add at all

Depending on your kernel version, it might be able to read the "LIVE" version of the installer (a LIVE package) if placed in the correct folder structure on a plain FAT32 formatted stick, however, since you have such a old FSD we're not even sure if you can use a USB drive at all for content type of things, you might need to update your kernel first (which would allow it to be used with just FAT32)

it's done with the HDD mounted as it installs FSD3 to your HDD :)

What i would recommend you do is put a empty launch.ini on a FAT32 stick and boot your console with this stick in (empty means a empty text file with that name), what that does is override the hdd one which is set to boot FSD that's causing the problem for you which means it'll boot into the regular 360 dash, from there you can hopefully tinker with things (if you have XEXMenu installed, you'll find it under "My Games" -> "Games" or just "Games Library" or whatever it was back in the day...) at the very least, you'll be able to check what kernel you have and can report back with that information

I've come to this conclusion:
Becasue I'll have to learn how all this is working and how it is set up, it feels quite meanlingless to put a lot of time (wich I don't have) in to a software that's being out of date.

I want to start from the beginning with Aurora and be a Master (with some help) :thumbup:

So, is there a "Aurora guide for dummies" out there that I could start with?

//j