RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vsjsmmks

Call of duty advance warfare

Hello all just I'm having issues with the advance warfare. I'm using FSD 3.0 and I got it load and play fine initially, but I started playing through about 3 missions and when I'm ready to load the 4th I get a disk can't read error screen.

What happened? I can go back and play from the beginning again but stops at that point.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably corrupt/missing data or using a old kernel or similar... make sure you're on the latest kernel and that you have the latest TU installed

I checked the TU it's up to date according to FSD, I don't know if how I got it to work makes a difference, but I just installed disk 1 on Xbox hard drive and play disk 2 through FSD, should I have done it differently?

Keep in mind that the latest Title Update on FSD may not be the latest one released. The only way to be sure you have the absolute latest is to get it from a console safe for Xbox Live. Though, on popular games such as Advanced Warfare, you have a significantly higher chance that FSD/Aurora will have the latest Title Update as well.

As far as your method of launching the game (or "getting it to work") goes, let's try to take this piece by piece.

Disc 1 is installed to Xbox HDD.

However it's unclear how you are launching disc 2. Are you saying you used DVD Extract to copy disc 2 to FSD? Or do you use the actual DVD and load it that way?

My best recommendation is to launch both discs the same way. If you installed disc 1, is it possible to install disc 2 as well? If you can't install disc 2, I would try using the DVD to load it instead.

Whatever the case, what disc is mission 4 on anyway? This may help isolate the problem the fastest.

I installed disk 1 on Xbox internal hdd 250g, the backups are on external Hdd that I have my games on ( disk 1 and 2 are on external hdd also ) initially I couldn't get it load because disk one has the compatibility content which needed to be installed to play. So I installed disk 1 and launched disk 2 on FSD and it worked.. I thought disk 1 was just content that needed installed and you play from disk 2.. I know there were other ways to get 2 disk games to launch I don't know if I should have used those methods. I can't remember how to do those either...

Gotcha. And you're probably right about disc 1 being compatibility content. I have CoD:AW, just haven't played it yet.

There's a way to launch 2 disc games using just FSD (and another via Dashlaunch; FSD is probably easier for most people) if I remember correctly. I would try to get that to work first if possible. I don't remember how to set it up off hand, so I'll try to find a guide for you.

My last idea involves your external HDD-- do you still have the files for Advanced Warfare on your computer? It's possible there was an error while you were copying disc 2 to your external. If you still have the files, I would try to copy it over again and see if it works.

Does it always freeze in the same place?

Anyway, I'll try to find that guide for you.

EDIT: Here's a guide written by JPizzle on how to set up multi disc

Make sure that all of the games discs are visible in your games list, if you have disc 2 inside the disc 1 folder either take it out or add the path to disc 2 in your content paths settings. Once you are sure all your multi disc games have all of their discs visible in the games list you can go into the settings and clear your DB(utilities -> settings -> general settings -> reset settings -> clear data). This will rescan everything and download all of your art again, this may take some time depending on how much of a filthy pirate you are  :p. While it does that FTP into your JTAG and delete the swap.xex you have in the root of your harddrive if you have setup the dashlaunch disk swapper plugin, you should also delete you multi.ini. Edit your launch.ini and remove the call for swap.xex in the plugin section.

Ok so now you have everything downloaded and multi disc games auto swap for you YAY! Now having 2 copies of the same game in your games list is starting to bug the shit outta you.... no problem, go to the duplicate game in your games list and go to the options. Select move game and then no section. Now that game is still in your DB but does not show up in the visual list.

If you have any issues with this guide, I can try to help you out. Note that you probably don't have swap.xex in the root of your hard drive-- if you did, multi disc was probably already set up through dashlaunch. 

I checked the TU it's up to date according to FSD, I don't know if how I got it to work makes a difference, but I just installed disk 1 on Xbox hard drive and play disk 2 through FSD, should I have done it differently?

Great, but do you also have the latest Kernel and latest Avatar data installed?

Great, but do you also have the latest Kernel and latest Avatar data installed?

Yes I updated through Jruuner, I'm on dash 17489. I am still a noob with some stuff, I don't play online is it still necessary to download dlc's to play in campaign modes? If so I haven't downloaded any.

Gotcha. And you're probably right about disc 1 being compatibility content. I have CoD:AW, just haven't played it yet.

There's a way to launch 2 disc games using just FSD (and another via Dashlaunch; FSD is probably easier for most people) if I remember correctly. I would try to get that to work first if possible. I don't remember how to set it up off hand, so I'll try to find a guide for you.

My last idea involves your external HDD-- do you still have the files for Advanced Warfare on your computer? It's possible there was an error while you were copying disc 2 to your external. If you still have the files, I would try to copy it over again and see if it works.

Does it always freeze in the same place?

Anyway, I'll try to find that guide for you.

EDIT: Here's a guide written by JPizzle on how to set up multi disc

If you have any issues with this guide, I can try to help you out. Note that you probably don't have swap.xex in the root of your hard drive-- if you did, multi disc was probably already set up through dashlaunch.

Can I use Xbox neighborhood instead of ftp ?

Sure-- Xbox Neighborhood is fine. FTP is merely a suggestion in this case.

In regards to your question about DLC, you shouldn't need it for campaign modes. Only need title updates to fix in game bugs.

Can I use Xbox neighborhood instead of ftp ?

You should probably disable dashlaunch plugins when playing games, they may cause problems from time to time with games...

Sent from my SM-G903F

You should probably disable dashlaunch plugins when playing games, they may cause problems from time to time with games...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I just installed it yesterday, was having issues with AW before that, I thought it would be easier to make changes to help fix problem. So I installed it.