RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ScouserInExile

Using a transfer cable to connect a hdd problem

Just out of curiosity, I hooked up a spare hard drive to my 360 via a transfer cable. In Aurora, I was able to set it as a path for games. It scanned them properly and downloaded all the covers.

So far, so good.

However, when I rebooted. It didn't find the games and, when I went to check the scan paths, it listed the hdd as "disconnected" and the only way to get it back was to delete the path and re-add it, at which point it re-scans and re-downloads everything again.

Any idea if I can get it so I don't have to rescan every time I reboot?

I'm using the latest version of Aurora, if that makes any difference.

Is there a cheap and easy alternative? I have two 120gb drives, in 360 caddies, that are full of games. I swap them over as and when needed, but would prefer to have both attached at the same time. The transfer cable kinda works, but only kinda.

You could remove the hard drive and mount into a cheap external usb caddy, then connect that to the Xbox. That would work!

You could remove the hard drive and mount into a cheap external usb caddy, then connect that to the Xbox. That would work!

It would work if formatted to fat32 yes...

Sent from my SM-G903F

It would work if formatted to fat32 yes...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Of course lol 

Of I'm using it now, would that point to it being fat32?

Or am I going to need to get everything off it and reformat it?

I think you may have to copy all data to your pc and reformat the drive.... Sounds like it might be easier for you to just buy an external usb drive, format that to fat32 and then copy all data over to it using horizon/360 content manager or similar

• Like 1