RealModScene
DaggerOfSilver

Apps,emulators and others not in Homebrew section.

So, i only have a few homebrew stuff (Dashlaunch, MAME, XM360, etc) But it doesnt seem to show up in the homebrew section, it does however appear up in "show all" mode.

Is there anything i can do to resolve this issue? I remember seeing someone with a simmilar problem with 360 games, and he/she had to modify flag values. is this necessary?

So, i only have a few homebrew stuff (Dashlaunch, MAME, XM360, etc) But it doesnt seem to show up in the homebrew section, it does however appear up in "show all" mode.

Is there anything i can do to resolve this issue? I remember seeing someone with a simmilar problem with 360 games, and he/she had to modify flag values. is this necessary?

Not sure how yours is set up, but I have all my homebrew in a folder called Homebrew, then scanned into Aurora's db using Homebrew as the script data. I know Swizzy always recommends not using infinite scan depth, but mine has it without issue... yet.

Where is your homebrew located and how did you add your paths?

• Like 3

When setting content & it's location etc you have option boxes that can be ticked to specify manually what that content is,i assume that's what your after as this should separate your hb from your emu & have them show up in the correct section

edit:

what quattro said about in named folders then set the content as i described

• Like 2

I also see my Hombrew and emulators only in Show all. I don't see them when I use homebrew and Emulators. Emulators I created but don't understand the filter adding thing. Also I don't know anything about scripts. I do have my emulators and Homebrew in one folder. How can I utilize a scripts so I'm able to toggle the filters with RB button?

Also Some of my Xbox 360 games only show in the Kinect filter (RB filter). Can I change that?

Any help in the right direction would help. thanks in advance!

I also see my Hombrew and emulators only in Show all. I don't see them when I use homebrew and Emulators. Emulators I created but don't understand the filter adding thing. Also I don't know anything about scripts. I do have my emulators and Homebrew in one folder. How can I utilize a scripts so I'm able to toggle the filters with RB button?

Also Some of my Xbox 360 games only show in the Kinect filter (RB filter). Can I change that?

Any help in the right direction would help. thanks in advance!

the Emulators script uses scriptdata "Emulators", as for homebrew it should show any unsigned xex's (if memory serves me right)

You can modify any of the built-in quickviews (except for the "Show All" one) in the menu's, just remove the last 3 entries ("AND", "NOT", "Kinect")

So How do I create the Emulator Filter correctly? Do I have to add the names of each one I want to show up under that tab? I am just not familiar with the Script thing at all. Sorry for my ignorance....

So How do I create the Emulator Filter correctly? Do I have to add the names of each one I want to show up under that tab? I am just not familiar with the Script thing at all. Sorry for my ignorance....

You don't create a filter for it, put the emulators in a separate folder and set the scriptdata option to emulators when you add the scanpath

Sent from my SM-G903F

So do I insert those "(" things?

Read what i just said one more time... please... do it...

I don't have anything showing in Emulator. I made a Folder called "Emulators" on root of Hdd1. I added ( Emulators and ) in filters and still nothing.

But I'm new to it so I could be doing it wrong?

I got original Xbox games to Show by creating the filter right. but some of the Emulators are shown in there as well. Also the streets of rage remake is in it too. Can I change that?

I'm going to make this super easy for you. Thank Tapatalk and its ability to easily upload photos for that. If you still can't get it working after this, I don't know what to tell you.

From the main screen, enter settings:

d142c8f06e106d08f53c49d8ab26b595.jpg

I have my emulators in the USB0:\Aurora\Emulators folder.

Then press B from the main menu and go to quick view. This is what you should have:

4d6fa74b130ac0cc0404b58fe3d75a61.jpg

If you still can't get it to work, delete all your filters and try again.

This is my personal setup. I wanted OpenJazz and Quake under the Emulators filter, so I put them in my Homebrew folder (Applications are in the Apps folder) and did this:

ba9635a319774b91f6f288be9c1c341a.jpg

3e1b46a8eb7879d8930023d8b02009f9.jpg

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ok so that was helpful. Thank you!

previously I had only HDD1 added and set to infinite with no script.

However that does not resolve the issue I'm trying to tackle.

I was hoping to categorize my Apps/Homebrew/Emulators individually. the quick view doesn't allow me to. it only allows them to all be under one quick view. 

Is that because the way they are in the database? My Apps/Homebrew/Emulators may be unique as well in that they are not entered into the data base correctly....

Hopefully if i provide the info needed this can be corrected?

Below are some pictures for reference:2lk2fZh.jpgRdFy6Yf.jpglMgyxMS.jpg

fLhBaXB.jpgGRr52eW.jpgW1wHepH.jpgYt9XJlH.jpg

ke92P8R.jpghank you!

The titles are separated into specific category's only after you hit the b button in the bottom screen shot,then place a tick in the appropriate box,i'm pretty sure that's right ,there maybe other settings there as well,however it's not like fsd which has separate cats so to speak,someone will confirm,i haven't got time right now to muck around on the 360 < edit:i mean my own 360

Ok so that was helpful. Thank you!

previously I had only HDD1 added and set to infinite with no script.

However that does not resolve the issue I'm trying to tackle.

I was hoping to categorize my Apps/Homebrew/Emulators individually. the quick view doesn't allow me to. it only allows them to all be under one quick view. 

Is that because the way they are in the database? My Apps/Homebrew/Emulators may be unique as well in that they are not entered into the data base correctly....

Hopefully if i provide the info needed this can be corrected?

Below are some pictures for reference:lMgyxMS.jpg

hank you!

According to this, you still have script data set to applications on your Emulators. That's why you you have xexmenu sitting right next to MAME etc. Remove your emu from the content scanning section and re-add it with the correct script data (Emulators), then we can help you if you still have problems with the way the filter is working. You may also want to remove/re-add Original Xbox and Applications, Atari shouldn't be showing next to Predator.

I don't have Emu's on my system, but I have 360, Classic, GOD, and Arcade all set to no script data, then Homebrew set to homebrew script data, and I have no issues with pressing right bumper to show each category completely separate.

You can't expect Aurora to categorize your Emu's separately from your applications if you are telling it to see Emu's as applications.

edit: You may also want to uncheck autoscan from your "Manage Paths". You have to manually select "Scan Now" whenever you add a new path, but it will help Aurora launch a little faster.

• Like 2

edit: You may also want to uncheck autoscan from your "Manage Paths". You have to manually select "Scan Now" whenever you add a new path, but it will help Aurora launch a little faster.

Actually, only if you uncheck the first one as the second one (the content scan) runs once you've started Aurora, the first one runs during the splash as it's kinda important that you don't launch a game or whatever while it's copying a TU to it's backup storage

So I've been playing around with it somewhat and I'm unable to get it exactly as i'd like it but it's close. I assume the reason my emulators and homebrew/applications can't be on their own quick view without mixing in with each other is because the way they are categorized.

Below are examples of SNES and sega genisis, They only show in Xbox 360 quick view no matter what i set the script and such too.

I2xNc3Q.jpg

And the same for Genisis:

BTvj3Uy.jpg

Maybe I can get some help with adding these and others Homebrew/Applications/Emulators to the data base. then they can all be categorized correctly. Also the Artwork can then be uploaded. i'd even make the box art.

Maybe I can get some help with adding these and others Homebrew/Applications/Emulators to the data base. then they can all be categorized correctly. Also the Artwork can then be uploaded. i'd even make the box art.

It's been explained to you before, if you read what's being said you might have a better understanding of what you need to do...

Step 1. Delete all your current scan paths related to this

Step 2. Separate the applications into different folders (so you have one folder for Emulators, one for Apps, one for Homebrew)

Step 3. Add new scanpaths for each folder, set the Script Data to the appropriate one, Emulators for Amulators, Applications for Apps and Homebrew for Homebrew

If you're still having issues, it's likely because of the quickview's filters, and will need some interaction to change what they filter out/in

I wonder why there is no script data category for XBLA as there is for emulators and homebrew?

A few of my XBLA games are been recognized as full Xbox 360 games and I don't know how to tell Aurora to place them under the XBLA quick view filter.

My XBLA games are in their own XLBA folder, separated from my Xbox 360 games but since there is no script data category for XBLA I have to leave this in None when I am scanning the path. In FSD3 I didn't have this problem as I could mark the path as XBLA when importing it.

XBLA should be seen as XBLA unless they've been messed up somewhere along the way by a bad patch or something...

Modifications like these can be done with Utility Scripts once 0.6b is released, until then it's only possible to do by either adding custom script data (and adding that to the quickview) or editing the database manually

XBLA should be seen as XBLA unless they've been messed up somewhere along the way by a bad patch or something...

Modifications like these can be done with Utility Scripts once 0.6b is released, until then it's only possible to do by either adding custom script data (and adding that to the quickview) or editing the database manually

Thanks Swizzy. I will be waiting for the next update. For now I guess I will manually edit the content.db file on my Mac.