RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
TheSly

Deus Ex - Human Revolution (DIRECTORS CUT)... can't install, can't turn into GOD, can't extract...

I hope somebody here can help me...

I rip my games to my computer, using Backup Creator.

Then I use Iso2God to turn the ISOs to GODs.

Then I use Content Manager (FTP) to get all files where they belong on my XBox.

Work's perfect, except for:

Deus Ex - Human Revolution (Director's Cut) (2DVDs).

After I rip this 2 DVDs to my computer, iso2god gets me this error-message:

"Could not locate default.xex or default.xbe".

I also tried 360mpGui or isoextract, but none of these programs are working with this game...

Could somebody PLEASE help me? :-(

Are you sure you got hold of actual 360 ISO's? what does ABGX360 tell you when you run the ISO's in that tool?

Thank you for your response.

I ripped the discs using a 0800 drive - nearly 50 games work perfect that way.

Deus ex directors cut is also an original game I bought.

When I use ABGX360 it tellsme that this ISO is not recognized as a XBOX360 ISO or STEALTH FILE (??).

When I search the web I find postings that say that Deus ex directors cut is the ONLY game that has no possibility to be installed regulary on hdd...

Thank you for your response.

I ripped the discs using a 0800 drive - nearly 50 games work perfect that way.

Deus ex directors cut is also an original game I bought.

When I use ABGX360 it tellsme that this ISO is not recognized as a XBOX360 ISO or STEALTH FILE (??).

When I search the web I find postings that say that Deus ex directors cut is the ONLY game that has no possibility to be installed regulary on hdd...

If ABGX360 says it's not recognized as a XBOX360 ISO/Stealth file it's because it's not a Xbox 360 Game disc or atleast, it doesn't have the expected structure... are you sure it's not a game disc + a making of or something like that?

It's definitely a regular 360 game, split on 2 discs (you have to change discs at one point in the game)... :-(

At least I'm not the only one having problems with this game.

But checking the web I sah that there exist pirate-rips of this game, so there must be a way to rip it...

Your absolutely right in that there is a way to rip it, i just don't know how...

Quick question; what 0800 drive are you using? and what firmware for it?

You need to be using a Benq or Lite-On i believe, and with those you need to be using a 0800 v3

Also make sure you are using v2.9.0.425 of Xbox Backup Creator

Typically I would recommend the latest version too, but build 425 and build 421 seem to break compatibility with phat 0800 drives :(. I bashed my head around trying to figure out why the Start button was greyed out, as from the readme, it claims that they're supported. However from build 421 on, Redline99 introduced a feature that allows ripping from any OEM drive (OFW or CFW) given that you have an X360USB Pro v2 and the DVD key (in other words, if these conditions are met, no need to flash 0800 to rip XGD3 or others). I couldn't find a clean cut solution.

It seems that this new feature broke compatibility with phat 0800 drives, as when I use build 350 (latest non-4XX build) I can rip using my Liteon DG-16D2S without any problems. So personally, I recommend build 350 for 0800 drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I use

Philips Lite-On DG-16D2S DVD Drive flashed with iXtreme 0800 v3 firmware(Liteon AP25V3)

and

Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Build:0350

All my other games got ripped with this combination and work fine...

@ Casper:

I sah on your pic that you used the xbox image browser - when I try I can't open my ripped ISO (from THIS game)

PS: THANK YOU for all your response - I'm still trying to find a solution, will try different versions of backup creator...

• Like 1