RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
caciuslove

reversing backup to ISO

Hello,

i spent many hours on internet looking for a way to reverse a game backup to an ISO (with the .dvd file) to burn it again.

It maybe looks weired, what i want to do is :

make some copies from a backup.

i live in  a country where original games dosen't exist (it's not a joke) :)

Please help :)

There really isn't a way to do it and still have it 100% OK, the reason for that is that the iso contains security data which checks the filesystem of the disc (or ISO) if you re-create the iso from extracted data, the filesystem might not be the same as the security sectors expect it to be, of course, if someone made a rebuild database, it'd be fairly easy to do, but... i doubt anyone will be doing that ;)

Thanks for the quick answer sir  :thumbup:  i still got 2 questions :

i got a lot of games backup and i want to share with friends, what would you recommand me to do ?

The internet is too slow in africa  :chris: can i at least burn a dvd from iso and *.dvd file with imgburn ?

Thanks again for your time  :wine:

There is a program called createiso that makes the iso from the game folder containing the default.xex etc. or god2iso and either way just write the iso to disc and whomever receives it can extact the iso and ftp it in to their console. As Swizzy says you wont get a proper iso therefore you wont get a .dvd file for imgburn so any iso program could burn it no problem. Failing that buy an external with your friends and put the games on that n pass it around

Thanks for the quick answer sir  :thumbup:  i still got 2 questions :

i got a lot of games backup and i want to share with friends, what would you recommand me to do ?

The internet is too slow in africa  :chris: can i at least burn a dvd from iso and *.dvd file with imgburn ?

Thanks again for your time  :wine:

You can burn data DVD's if they've got JTAG/RGH consoles, it doesn't have to be a fully fledged Xbox 360 ISO when using JTAG/RGH

Keep in mind, for games you probably still need dual layers as they tend to be bigger then the 4GB which DVD's support