RealModScene
RoxasValentine

Switching from Devkit to normal Freeboot?

Hello, I may get a Xbox which has the "latest" RGLoader (supports 17150) so it's a Devkit XBox.

Can I actually change it back to Freeboot so I can use Freestyle or Aurora again? If so how?

Sure, you'll need to build a new nand that's all, dump your nand and send it to me with your cpukey and i'll build you a freeboot image to flash :)

So it's basicly just like updating the MS Kernel?

Not really no, it's reflashing the nand with a freeboot image, but building one based on a RGLoader image might not work without advanced stuff (i don't remember if it required extracting the bits and pieces and such)

Not really no, it's reflashing the nand with a freeboot image, but building one based on a RGLoader image might not work without advanced stuff (i don't remember if it required extracting the bits and pieces and such)

Does this apply to all 360 devkits? I haven't even started to mess with that Slim Trinity Final Devkit that I got this last summer since I still need to locate a PSU for it.

Those need special patches which uses the devkit bootloaders... RGLoader uses retail bootloaders...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Those need special patches which uses the devkit bootloaders... RGLoader uses retail bootloaders...

Sent from my SM-G903F

How difficult would it be to build it myself using your XeBuild GUI?

Honestly, never tried it, but for starters you need to devkit bootloaders and make your own ini files, from there you need to make 64MB nand images for your model of devkit, next you need patches for the bootloaders to switch from devkit to retail as the final ones need to be the retail ones and not devkit, the whole process is kinda difficult unless you know how to make your own bootloader/kernel patches

Sent from my SM-G903F

Honestly, never tried it, but for starters you need to devkit bootloaders and make your own ini files, from there you need to make 64MB nand images for your model of devkit, next you need patches for the bootloaders to switch from devkit to retail as the final ones need to be the retail ones and not devkit, the whole process is kinda difficult unless you know how to make your own bootloader/kernel patches

Sent from my SM-G903F

hahahah that I do not good sir. If it was troubleshooting an IOS config,building something electronic from scratch, chemistry or engine and electrical mechanics then that would be a different story.

I think when I'm done tinkering on my '97 Volvo 854R (exhaust/ full suspension / brake system / ECU upgrades) I'll probably crack open my programming textbooks and refresh myself with python.