RealModScene
hansolo77

[RESOLVED] Can't Install Latest Beta 2

Whenever I try to get the latest update, it always fails. When I try to get the updates through FSD, it very quickly says the updates have finished downloading, but when it reboots to install it says an error occured and restarts FSD. When I try to use the F3 install CD I made, the xbox fades to black and shuts down while attempting to download. When I try to download the update via the website here, it sits at 0% for like 2 minutes, then 'downloads' suddenly; however when I go to up the archive it says it is unsupported or corrupted.

Can somebody help me?

Yeah its working now.. wierd, musta been something with the website. I only wish I was more patient. :) I even tried to do a "remove previous install" on the install disk to start from scratch thinking maybe the older beta was messing up the internal FSD updates. Now I got to redownload all the extras. Oh well, probably a good thing to refresh everything anyway.

Thanks!

Im also having the same problem...

try to install via iso image, my screen turns black and my xbox shut down, try to install via usb, same, screen turn black and xbox shut down.

PLEASE HELP(now im using DASH 2.2Rev635 with Kernel 2.0.15574.0)

I had to manually download the update from here. I don't know what the deal is with the iso/usb causing the xbox to shutdown. That's the strangest thing I've ever had happen to me.

This is what I had to do...

Download the update from here:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=299

Use the FSD3 install ISO/USB and do a clean install of FSD3 by checking the box "Remove Previous Version".

Do NOT select to download updates in the install program.

WAIT FOR INSTALL TO FINISH

Enable Samba server in the FSD3 settings.

Extract the downloaded update into the Freestyle folder on the Xbox.