RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
axel77

Save 'Filter & Sort' to the default on startup?

I'm trying to make the 'Hide MultiDisc' option persistent so it's enabled on startup but I'm having difficulties. I would ultimately like to have it be enabled in a default quickview (disabled in show all) but I can't even get it to be persistent in any view.

I attempted to modify the settings.db but there seems to not be a value associated with the UserHidden table.

I am very new to the scene and am sure I'm missing something obvious, unfortunately searching has not helped. Where have I gone wrong?

That's a very interesting take. I do not have a default gamertag logging in since I'm blocked from xbl after performing the rgh. Will aurora not save the previous session without being logged in? 

That's a very interesting take. I do not have a default gamertag logging in since I'm blocked from xbl after performing the rgh. Will aurora not save the previous session without being logged in? 

I'm not sure if it will save anything without a profile present. Maybe wait for Swizzy to confirm, or just try out a profile and see if it fixes it.

I only mentioned it cause I noticed before that when a profile isn't signed in, all my hidden discs were present.

Ok, so it seems that the local gamertag has been logging in on boot. When I enter NXE it's already signed in. Just to clarify, when you first turn on your 360 and it boots straight to aurora, you have your multi-disc games only displaying a single disc?

I'm trying to make the 'Hide MultiDisc' option persistent so it's enabled on startup but I'm having difficulties. I would ultimately like to have it be enabled in a default quickview (disabled in show all) but I can't even get it to be persistent in any view.

I attempted to modify the settings.db but there seems to not be a value associated with the UserHidden table.

I am very new to the scene and am sure I'm missing something obvious, unfortunately searching has not helped. Where have I gone wrong?

Press B, enter the Quick View editor thingymagoo, either edit one of the existing ones or add a new one with the preferences you want, next you'll want to set this as your default quickview... upon restarting Aurora it'll now have the quickview and it's settings which you chose...

That's exactly how I thought it would work, but upon each restart/reload of aurora I am back to showing all the discs. Is there a log I can upload or something more to give?

That's exactly how I thought it would work, but upon each restart/reload of aurora I am back to showing all the discs. Is there a log I can upload or something more to give?

Well, it should work, however these settings are per-account, so if you sign in to a different account before making the changes they won't be there when you restart...

You could upload your database for analysis, but you most likely just missed something along the way, i can try to make a quick video for you when i get some time over showing the entire process

After messing with it for a bit and not getting anywhere, I just decided to hide the other discs. Is it strange that the manual hiding is persistent but the Hide MultiDisc option is not?

After messing with it for a bit and not getting anywhere, I just decided to hide the other discs. Is it strange that the manual hiding is persistent but the Hide MultiDisc option is not?

I think you're changing just the Filters and sort, which will hide it for the current session. Maybe to make it stick through a reboot do as Swizzy said and edit the Quick View using the Quick View Builder, then save when done. I personally just hide them individually.

• Like 1

Not sure if this was fully answered, but I ran into the same issue. Like QuattroGAm3r and Swizzy stated, just modifying the "filters & sort" only saves it for the current session and will reset when Aurora has exited, whether its a game, restarting, or shutting the system down. 

For me, I created a new quick view. You cannot modify the show all with filters, but either edit one of the other available default settings, or create a new. I did this to hide multi-discs.

1: Press B and went to Quick View

2:Go to Add

3: Name it whatever you want and change icon if desired

4: Go to filter and select Add, then press R to get to filters.

5: Go to user folder and select hid MultiDisc

6: Make any other changes and select Save

7: Go to "modify List" and select your new configuration as default.  

On 4/18/2022 at 7:30 PM, cagerhager said:

Not sure if this was fully answered, but I ran into the same issue. Like QuattroGAm3r and Swizzy stated, just modifying the "filters & sort" only saves it for the current session and will reset when Aurora has exited, whether its a game, restarting, or shutting the system down. 

For me, I created a new quick view. You cannot modify the show all with filters, but either edit one of the other available default settings, or create a new. I did this to hide multi-discs.

1: Press B and went to Quick View

2:Go to Add

3: Name it whatever you want and change icon if desired

4: Go to filter and select Add, then press R to get to filters.

5: Go to user folder and select hid MultiDisc

6: Make any other changes and select Save

7: Go to "modify List" and select your new configuration as default.  

it does not save for the "current session" but for the current profile..

if you saved a setup to a profile, even not one, it will change when you sign out/sign in..