RealModScene
StaticPulse

People who dog AMD don't know what the hell they're talking about

I'm going to just post these two articles here. Check them out and maybe how you may or may not feel about AMD might just change. While my server does utilize two Asus GTX 660TI Direct CU2 OC SLI cards, it is an 8 core overclocked AMD 8350 with 32GB of RAM and does transfer data at 124-168 MBps to my 13TB RAID array. No it does not run Windows (Probably why it works so well....)  Don't get me wrong Nvidia has always been a good company, but honestly speaking I've always liked AMD for its server functionality and as a gaming system for its overclocking capabilities.

Check these two links though, great stuff really.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-freesync-over-hdmi-hdr,30711.html?hootPostID=35d81869cefe6f8be7e2408b4c1ff790

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3014773/components-graphics/watch-out-gameworks-amds-gpuopen-will-offer-developers-deeper-access-to-its-chips.html

Damn Static! That's a sweet setup... I'm really looking forward to the AMD4 processors, I'm with you, AMD makes a sweet product at a great price point.

• Like 1

Damn Static! That's a sweet setup... I'm really looking forward to the AMD4 processors, I'm with you, AMD makes a sweet product at a great price point.

I always like how you can overclock the hell out of them. only downside is their heat.

I'm running a Asus Sabertooth 990FX board with and 8350 and 32GB of Corsair Vengeance with 1 120GB PNY SSD and 3 4TB Hitachi HGST over 2 Asus Geforce GTX  660 TI-DC20-2DG5 cards in SLI mode. Cosair  H100i water cooling.  The case (Mid size ATX) is pretty cool not sure what brand but it has a top dock for hot swapping SATA and eSATA drives with two lower hotswappable front 3 1/2" bays with 4 internal and 2 internal 2 1/2" bays. Only bad thing is I burned out my 750 watt PSU which I plan on replacing with a Corsair AX1200i.

So why have SLI Nvidia graphics or am I missing something here? Love amd and just about to Bulldozer my Corsair v Formula z and possibly crossfire R7 360's to upgrade my old R7 240's and Phenom II x4

• Like 1

I would agree, for processors, I also prefer AMD, but when it comes to video cards, Nvidia all the way.

So why have SLI Nvidia graphics or am I missing something here? Love amd and just about to Bulldozer my Corsair v Formula z and possibly crossfire R7 360's to upgrade my old R7 240's and Phenom II x4

CUDA, Physx, 3d Vision. Just to name a few reasons....... Dont get me wrong, ATI has opencl, which can do some of what cuda can,  but that doesnt compare to the speed of cuda. I do know, that Physx used to come as its own card, so technically, you can use that without an nvidia video card, and 3d vision is a new technology, that is released on the newer cards, that cost more then they are worth, for the average gamer.

• Like 2

I was thinking of replacing my 660 ti's with dual R9 290x also made by Asus. Those R9's outperformed the Nvidia Titan cards by a long shot on a [H]ardOCP test and review.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/04/20/grand_theft_auto_v_video_card_performance_preview/3#.VnIY7OLrZSU

They didnt compare against the titan z, which, if I remember correctly, has 12gb of vram, but who knows. lol.

The 970Ti does outperform it but to be honest, when you get to the kinds of performance levels it really doesn't matter anymore unless better rendering technology comes out. I havent looked up any benchmarks in awhile aside from that one but it does make me wonder what the new cards will be capable of doing. Also in regards to the Titan Z, when you compare price, for the money I still think the R9 would probably be better than anything else in its price range. I mean c'mon bro... you're comparing a $1500 card to one that sells for $400 at the most. Lets be a bit more realistic in our comparisons...  That's like me telling you that your Antec case is shit compared to the Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium edition. I like Nvidia, I just admire AMD more. They've always been one of the best companies around. Even before they merged with ATI.

I'll guarantee you that R9 will crack a hashkey faster than any Nvidia product under 1000 bucks. Now run dual or quad crossfire (I don't like triple SLI or Crossfire) and it will outperform your beloved Titan Z in ways that would make your mind spin.

Now the 390X does outperform the Nvidia GTX 980 and it sells for around $490 wheras the 980 does sell for around $570

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/08/17/asus_r9_390x_strix_directcu_iii_8g_oc_review/1#.VnI4ruLrZSU

I'll guarantee you that R9 will crack a hashkey faster than any Nvidia product under 1000 bucks. Now run dual or quad crossfire (I don't like triple SLI or Crossfire) and it will outperform your beloved Titan Z in ways that would make your mind spin.

Maybe, maybe not. Cuda Vs OpenCl for hash cracking, CUDA usually performs better. Now removing SLI from the scenario, the titan z will outpreform the R9, that being said, the R9 is great for the price range. :) Then again who has 1500$ to spend on a video card, let alone enough for 2(SLI).

• Like 2

Maybe, maybe not. Cuda Vs OpenCl for hash cracking, CUDA usually performs better. Now removing SLI from the scenario, the titan z will outpreform the R9, that being said, the R9 is great for the price range. :) Then again who has 1500$ to spend on a video card, let alone enough for 2(SLI).

RIGHT?????   hahahah!!!

Titan Z will outperform the R9 single card for sure. I won't deny that at all. It's a beast, but damn.... 1500? REALLY???   Thats almost the price of how much I put into building my entire server. I really think for regular gamer's that the R9 will suit full graphics with no issues. Those comparisons I posted were in  2560x1440 resolutions.

I can't wait until Doom 4 is on the shelves as I think it will be setting a lot of standards in PC gaming and the consoles also. I had a alpha burst test code for PS4 and gave it to my ex-fiancee and she now hates CoD as she's been addicted to it like crack for the last 5 years. One multiplayer ALPHA level made by iD did that much damage guys.....   Makes me wonder how sexy it's going to look with either video card on PC. I can't wait until they give me the Beta code, I'll probably go hang out with that sociopathic monster just to play it. lol

• Like 1