RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
fulltimehustler

How to install trainers to work with autolaunch feature of aurora?

i cant seem to figure this out. i understand each trainer is different, but most seem to say "install in game folder" which I assume is the actual game folder (eg:hd/games/fallout 3) and not my game directory (eg:hd/games). either way ive tried both. I also tried installing the 2 files in the TRAINERS folder of aurora. I also tried a combo between the game folder and trainer. so i dont know. i watched a guy on youtube, he disabled "fsd plugin" and all of a sudden his trainer shows in aurora autolaunch feature, i cant get any trainers to show up, tried a few dif ones too.

i know to restart when i try a new trainer, is a reboot needed too? either way that doesnt help my case for trainers that dont work.

ive had tons of problems getting trainers to work. 2/6 so far i think. kind of seems like ever since the first one, no others work. that trainer didnt show up in autolauncher either but it worked. one thing ive noticed is it seems like trainers maybe dont work with the new kernal update i just did? who knows. if i can get the trainers to show up in aurora, that would make me feel better. right now i dont know where to start on trouble shooting since they dont even show up in the launcher pane. all of my trainers act like they are working but they dont do the cheat just the notifications. most of them are xpgamesave trainers i think. going to try a dif traineer site when they load and see if it works better.

BUT MAINLY HOW DO I GET TRAINERS TO SHOW UP IN AURORA "Autolaunch feature" which is inside the game details option?

if i can figure that out maybe i can get all my trainers working!

ive disabled the screenshot, disabled fsd plugin, disabled link, combos nothing. and i renamed the trainer folder to title id, still doesnt show up, this is the way i think it should be installed so far but doesnt work

Aurora \\\  Trainers \\\  TitleId(eg:425307D5) \\\  trainer.xex and launcher.xex

Your XPG trainers aren't going to show up in Aurora, only trainers that are actually for Aurora.

Non-Aurora trainers usually work one of two ways. Put them in the actual game's folder or put them anywhere else (like a Trainer folder you create). When you launch the trainer (using file manager and selecting launcher.xex) one of two things will happen. Either the game will launch after the trainer loads (if you put the trainer in the game's folder along side the game's default.xex) or it will return you to the dashboard so that you may launch the game manually (if the trainer is not next to the game's default.xex), since you just loaded the trainer into memory.

But to make it easy, just go to XYZmods and browse the Aurora specific trainers. These are the only ones that will show up in Aurora trainer section, as long as you put them in the Aurora/Trainers/ folder. Obviously check that they match your TitleID and MediaID and TU#.

• Like 2

Your XPG trainers aren't going to show up in Aurora, only trainers that are actually for Aurora.

Non-Aurora trainers usually work one of two ways. Put them in the actual games folder or put them anywhere else (like a Trainer folder you create). When you launch the trainer (using file manager and selecting launcher.xex) one of two things will happen. Either the game will launch after the trainer loads (if you put the trainer in the game's folder along side the game's default.xex) or it will return you to the dashboard so that you may launch the game manually (if the trainer is not next to the game's default.xex, since you just loaded the trainer into memory).

But to make it easy, just go to XYZmods and browse the Aurora specific trainers. These are the only ones that will show up in Aurora trainer section, as long as you put them in the Aurora/Trainers/ folder. Obviously check that they match your TitleID and MediaID and TU#.

ok thanks for the reply. thats a good start. been locked out of xyz today due to server maint. start there when i can. I havent had much luck with the xpg trainers. seems like im doing everything right, must be the trainers, like i said they appear to work, so unless the XPG guys contact me im not going to mess much with it anymore. unless i have the same problem with xyz, but i dont think ive been there yet.

ok thanks for the reply. thats a good start. been locked out of xyz today due to server maint. start there when i can. I havent had much luck with the xpg trainers. seems like im doing everything right, must be the trainers, like i said they appear to work, so unless the XPG guys contact me im not going to mess much with it anymore. unless i have the same problem with xyz, but i dont think ive been there yet.

I generally didn't have too many issues with trainers from XPG or 360Haven, etc. But there's a few things to be aware of... Not all trainers are created equal. There are so many different trainers out there on the "other" sites, made by so many different trainer dev's, that it can be confusing how to launch/use them, unless you jotted down some notes or remember how they worked, lmao. 

Aurora made all this so much much smoother by sticking with the trainer engine that I believe AxR and Paracrypt put together. Nothing is stopping people from using the older trainers, but the Aurora one's take the confusion out of it all. But if you insist on using the other trainers, make sure you read the release threads for them to understand any quirks with using them.

For sures. I usually read as much as possible. The read me usually has the info needed. But still thats a trip to the pc to read it if u have to later on. Ill report back if i have any trouble. I seen the xyz mod for the game i want just waitin for server.

I like how most trainers have built in info eg: press down x 4 to see list of mods. Just gotta remember the trainer launch pattern on those.

well i think the guys from xpgames kidnapped the guys from xyzmods, the website is still down...

its a long shot, but does anyone have a trainer for Fallout 3 (goty),prerferably the xyz, i cant get the xpgames trainer to work.

• Like 1