RealModScene
ironman

[HOT RELEASE] UDK Ultimate - The Free Multi-Platform Homebrew 3D Game Engine

[HOT RELEASE] UDK Ultimate - The Free Multi-Platform Homebrew 3D Game Engine

1449410916.or.18400.png

Create, Play and Share your Games on XBOX360/PS3/iOS/PC Simultaneously!!!

##########################################################

1- What`s it UDK Ultimate?

This is a modified version of EPIC`s UDK (Unreal Development Kit) Game Engine which supports exporting your game for XBOX360/PS3/iOS/PC WITHOUT the need to be a Registered Game Developer for Sony (Playstation) or Microsoft (XBOX360), something that a LOT of folks always dreamed with.

2- Can I use it for creating a game for XBOX360 and PS3?

Currently, only exporting for Xbox360 is fully supported. You can create a game and play it on any RGH/JTAG Xbox360 console. As for PS3, unfortunatelly the exported game only runs on a PS3 Devkit / PS3 DEX Firmware, because the exported game is a debug game (debug eboot.bin). But if anyone got enough skills to convert this resulting game into a retail eboot.bin, feel free to do this, this would be an AWESOME adition if someone can finish the PS3 Export Support for UDK Ultimate.

Because of Copyrights reasons, i decided to NOT RELEASE TO THE PUBLIC the Unreal Engine 3 Source Code, nor the Consoles SDK. However if anyone who is interested in Contribute with this Project, and has a strong knowledge/experience with C/C++ Programming, please, shot me a PM.

3- Do I need a Devkit, or install the PS3/XBOX360 SDK, or other thing else?

No, you don't need any console devkit. For Xbox360, you don't need nothing, not even the Xbox360 SDK!!! But for PS3, unfortunatelly (I don`t know why), you need to have the PS3 SDK 3.0 Installed and Configured Correctly, even for just cooking the maps for PS3. And, also, each time you make a change on the ini config files, like change some specific setting or configuration (controls, in example), you need to rebuild the UDKGame PS3 Binary, because it uses hashes verification for the ini files.

4- Can I play these games created on any retail console?

No, the games created in UDK Ultimate only run on Hacked Consoles (because only these can run unsigned/unnoficial code). And at the moment, it only runs on any XBOX360 JTAG/RGH (Slim and Slim E). You can even run the games from a USB Stick, by using a Xbox360 File Manager Utility (XEXMenu, FreeStyle Dash). For PS3, it only runs on devkit or dex firmware (as stated before).

5- Do I need to know C++ Programming to export my game for XBOX360/PS3 using UDK Ultimate?

No, the exporting process for consoles is very easy, is ALMOST like "Menu > Export > XBOX360 / PS3". But you do need to learn how to use UDK to be able to create a game using UDK Ultimate, you need to study unreal scripting, and so on. Youtube is your friend.

6- And what about the legality of this UDK Ultimate?

It falls under the category of Homebrew Development, which everyone knows is not Supported, nor Authorized by the Game/Softwares Companies. However, i am sure no Company will ever do something about this, untill this begins to cause them damage. And the most common type of damage is financial, which means, when you use their software illegally for making profit (money) with it. It means, NEVER SELL ANY GAME CREATED WITH UDK ULTIMATE WITHOUT EPIC/SONY/MICROSOFT LICENSE. There are a lot of folks here in the Homebrew Development Scene, which create and share their own games for PS3 and XBOX360, and I never knew about someone who suffered any legal consequences for creating and sharing a homebrew game.

7- Who are you and why you did it?

I can`t reveal my real identity, I use a lot of nicknames over the internet. But I am a normal guy, I love Gaming, I am a trully passionate Game Designer by hobby and Web Designer/Developer by Profession. I love my Wife, I love my son, I love Maths (I am graduated on Mathmatics), I love Games. And my love for Game Development, my extreme passion is what motivated me for doing this. I always had a dream to be able to create and play a game on consoles, from since Super Nintendo. I must not forget that i was only able to do this with the help of a lot of folks who supported me from since the beginning of this project, which i will credit them below.

8- Are you making money with this?

No. I have a good job, I have a good life, and trully, money is no problem for me. I only have done it for trully love and passion, and my love to share whith my friends what makes me feel happy. I love that people enjoy what I enjoy, i like that people be happy as I am happy, i like to share my happiness with other folks. This is trully a Dream, for years I always dreamed to be able to create a game for PS3 and XBOX360, and whenever i did it, i wanted to share this knowledge with other folks. I always say, to me, being able to create a game for XBOX360, burn it into a Disc, then go to my friends house and play with them a game I have created, is trully an AMAZING EXPERIENCE!

9- Do you support Piracy?

No. I love to respect other people`s work. I don`t like piracy, I try as most as I can purchase original and legit softwares. I have the entire Adobe Cloud Creative Suite Original, paid their license (because of my Web Design Work), and also other softwares, like 3dsmax (because i used to work with motion graphics before webdesign), Cinema 4D, and so on.

10- What do you want to say to EPIC for using Unreal Engine 3 Source Code, without their authorization?

Dear EPIC,

I TRULLY APOLOGIZE for this.

Sorry, i trully respect your work, and I was one of the first persons to purchase the UE4 License, whenever it was launched. I Love you Guys, I Love and Respect your Work, however, I always wanted to be able to use UDK for creating games for consoles. You even said on UDN that you would love to support UDK for Consoles:

"The UDK currently only supports PC: Windows. We are reviewing various platform options. We're keen to support consoles with the UDK but will require support from the console manufactures. The only licenses we have to support Xbox 360 and PS3 development at this time are our full source licenses."

I did not leak this Unreal Engine 3 Source Code, i just found it over the internet some years ago, and only now i was able to fix it and make it work. So, I have done this by myself, BUT IN NO MOMENT I INTENDED TO CAUSE YOU DAMAGE OR HARM, i am just using this to create free homebrew games to play and share them FREELY with my friends on PS3 and XBOX360. And I`M NOT RELEASING THE UNREAL ENGINE 3 SOURCE CODE FOR THE PUBLIC.

10- Credits:

I would like to thank all these guys below, because i was only able to complete this project with their valuable help and support.

GOD for giving me a brain to think and learn things;

Beta from Beta Archive, which helped me with my first contact with C++ and Visual Studio, and also oriented me on where to go and what to do to compile Unreal Engine 3 Source Code;

Bradez from Beta Archive, which was the guy who helped me to port UDK to Xbox360, because he is a Xbox360 dev, he owns a Xbox360 Devkit, and he was essencial in fixing a lot of bugs and errors on the UE3 Xbox360 Source Code;

aerossoul94 from Next Generation Update, which was the guy who helped me to port UDK to PS3 and make it run on his PS3 Devkit. He also helped me with testing and debugging it on his PS3 Devkit;

PS4 News Admin, which was the guy who supported me by giving me the complete PS3 SDK 3.00, and also a lot of PS3 material and stuff which was also essencial to me be able to compile UE3 for PS3. Also, he helped me with promoting my Project on his Website.

nickodimm from Beta Archive, which helped me with testing the UDKGame on PS3 with Cobra ODE (even thought the game did not run);

hexxellor, spyro2670 and SuperSaiyen from PS4 News, which also helped me with testing the UDKGame on PS3 CFW (even thought the game did not run);

Isleofdoom from PS4 News, which is a VERY SMART and INTELIGENT folk who helped me also with testing, debugging and will try to finish the PS3 Export Support for UDKUltimate (I`m counting on him to do this);

Also if I forgot to mention someone here, sorry for this, but my intention is to thank any person who was by anyway accompainning and/or showed any kind of interest for this Project, and contributed with this project by any means. THANK YOU ALL!!! :)

11- Downloads links and Instructions:

If you never installed UDK (Unreal Development Kit) on your computer, it is probally that you are missing some specific directx and vc++ redistributables, so because this it is extremely recommendable that you download and install this version of UDK on your computer before installing UDK Ultimate:

** Link removed **

If you already have installed or did ever install UDK on your computer, so you can go directly to download UDK Ultimate here:

** Link removed **

Because of my slow internet connection, i had to split this download into multiple parts (199) totalling almost 2GB.

There is no installation, i made it portable, which means, just extract (using 7zip) to C: and then go for C:\UDKUltimate\Docs and read the readme files in there and you are ready to rock!!!

Note1: YOU MUST INSTALL IT TO C: (because this path is already set in the ini and config files), and also, after you extract the UDKUltimate folder to your hard drive, you MUST righ-click on this folder, then unmark the option "Read-only", and apply this setting to ALL Folders, Files, and Sub-folders.

Note2: If UDKFrontend.exe freezes when cooking a map for PC, you just close it, clean the temp files (C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\Temp and C:\Windows\Temp), run a windows disk clean, and restart your computer. Also, i STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you don`t open too much softwares while running UDKUltimate (like Photoshop, 3dsmax, and so on). I don`t know why, but UDKUltimate seems to use a little bit more memory than the original UDK Engine.

Note3: Because my internet connection sucks, i won`t be able to reupload UDKUltimate again. So, because this I STRONDLY RECOMMEND that everyone here who wants to download UDK Ultimate, to create a user account on Mega.nz, then copy UDK Ultimate to his/her own Mega.nz account, and download from there. So if any problem happens with these files, you already have a backup on your account.

12- Copyrights Information:

For questions of copyright, I can`t give the download link to "paid" softwares, like Visual Studio Professional, Xbox360 SDK, PS3 SDK, and so on. Sorry, but you will have to find them by yourself. I am only sharing here the work I have done, which is my custom version of UDK (Unreal Development Kit), which I called UDK Ultimate Edition.

Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Epic, Epic Games, the Epic Games logo, Unreal, Unreal Engine, Unreal Development Kit, UDK, Unreal Tournament, and the Unreal Tournament 3 logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere.

SCE, Inc. All rights reserved. PlayStation, Playstation 3 and PS3 Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. in Japan and elsewhere.

Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft, Windows, Windows 7, the Windows logo, Xbox360 and Xbox "Sphere" logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States of America and elsewhere.

Other brands or product names are the trademarks of their respective owners.

13- Showcase:

Here is a fast gameplay test capture I have done using a EasyCap. This is the Example Map which comes with UDK, now it is running perfectly on my Xbox360 Slim E 4 GB RGH, directly from a USB Stick:

Verry cool project!

I do have one question:  Is there a way to port the xbox cooking functionality on the UDK 2015 version of the engine ? 
The last version published should be more stable and feature rich than the 2011 one

how can i download the UDK Ultimate?

It's available on google, we chose to remove the links due to their questionable legality

how can i download the UDK Ultimate?

Verry cool project!

I do have one question:  Is there a way to port the xbox cooking functionality on the UDK 2015 version of the engine ? 

The last version published should be more stable and feature rich than the 2011 one

No, i tried, it does not work, because you need to recompile the file UDKGame.exe to add support for xbox360 dlls, and for this, you need the source code of UDK Engine. and only 2011 build was leaked. I never heard about Unreal Engine 3 2015 source code being leaked.

But despite the differences between 2011 and 2015 build of UDK, untill now i did not find any bug on my UDK Ultimate, i am even creating a Xbox360 game using UDK Ultimate, i am actually porting some BIG and HUGE Maps from 3dsmax to UDK Ultimate, and they are running smoothly at 30fps on my Xbox360, no lags, no crashes, everything working like a charm.