RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Wessu Jae-hwa

DRAGON AGE INQUISITION: HOW TO PLAY DLC & TITLE UPDATE?

I know how you install dlc with Jtag~ but i've installed dlc (The Black Emporium) and unlocked it with XM360 but it still hasn't show up on the war table.

The biggest problem is the tittle update. i downloaded TU1 and TU6, non of them show up on the title update window.

and step to share with me on how to install dlc and tittle update on Dragon Age Inquisition? please reply :cc

Where did you put the TU? was it for your version of the game? (there are different TU's for different versions of the game, check the MediaID to begin with, this generally helps you... but... it's not the most important value, it's infact Baseversion that really matter

Where did you put the TU? was it for your version of the game? (there are different TU's for different versions of the game, check the MediaID to begin with, this generally helps you... but... it's not the most important value, it's infact Baseversion that really matter

i installed the TU using horizon, i downloaded 2 TU files from pc.

tu0000000e_00000000 ( 938mb )

tu00000006_00000000 (968mb )

what i did is extract those files onto my desktop, and drag them into horizon, and save them into my external hdd, so the media is always correct. 

can you guide me through the right way to install those TU's?

and how do i check the version of my game?

what i did is extract those files onto my desktop, and drag them into horizon, and save them into my external hdd, so the media is always correct. 

If i'm not mistaken, Horizon (or similar apps) will put the file where it needs to go, whether or not you have the game that matches it's MediaID or Base version. So even though you installed them, they may be for another version of the game. Chances are they don't match.

I'd be happy to help you, but need to know the MediaID and Base version for your DLC and TU, along with your game's MediaID and Base version. 

Are you on Aurora or FSD? If on Aurora, just go to the game, press Y, then press right to go to the subtitle, select it and scroll down to view the MediaID and Base. Not sure with FSD, I think you have to launch the game and then bring up the guide to see that info.

Anyways, basically your TU goes here...

X:/content/0000000000000000/<TITLEID>/000B0000/

and you're DLC goes here...

X:/content/0000000000000000/<TITLEID>/00000002/

• Like 1

i installed the TU using horizon, i downloaded 2 TU files from pc.

tu0000000e_00000000 ( 938mb )

tu00000006_00000000 (968mb )

Those are for baseversion E and 6, probably not the same one you've got...

If i'm not mistaken, Horizon (or similar apps) will put the file where it needs to go, whether or not you have the game that matches it's MediaID or Base version. So even though you installed them, they may be for another version of the game. Chances are they don't match.

I'd be happy to help you, but need to know the MediaID and Base version for your DLC and TU, along with your game's MediaID and Base version. 

Are you on Aurora or FSD? If on Aurora, just go to the game, press Y, then press right to go to the subtitle, select it and scroll down to view the MediaID and Base. Not sure with FSD, I think you have to launch the game and then bring up the guide to see that info.

Anyways, basically your TU goes here...

X:/content/0000000000000000/<TITLEID>/000B0000/

and you're DLC goes here...

X:/content/0000000000000000/<TITLEID>/00000002/

im using fsd3

i found out that my mediaID is 4C274E0C, and i downloaded the TU6 in this link http://www.mediafire.com/download/bvc6712cwrzzd3u/4C274E0C.rar

its the mediaID dat my game is. i put the TU file inside X:content/0000000000000000/(TITLEID)/000B0000/tu0000000e_00000000.

and when i go back to xbox360 game tab, and select title update manager tab, and its not there. empty, it says no update found. does it mean its already installed?

im using FSD3, down below left hand side, beside the ping theres a status, it says ( Status: TU: tu0000000e_00000000 ) and crash ( Freestyle 3 crashed )

i tried look it up, some of them says unloading fsd3plugin work, i did that and its still crashing.

When I load a game in FSD it shows titleID (TID) mediaID (MID) version#, disc# and TU#. So if it's crashing FSD on you, I would look at some other things.

Are you sure you disabled the FSD plugin?? 

What kernel are you on?? Looks like DAI requires at least 16537

Did the file get corrupted when downloading?? It's a big TU!

Maybe try installing Aurora (it's kind of a big thing here), since FSD is dead. You'll probably get more (and better) support. 

edit: I did read elsewhere that disk Auto-swap in FSD can lead to a crash.

and if the Title Update manager says no TU found, it's not there. If it's not there then you can't enable it, right? If you can't enable the TU, maybe the DLC is what is crashing it.

• Like 1

When I load a game in FSD it shows titleID (TID) mediaID (MID) version#, disc# and TU#. So if it's crashing FSD on you, I would look at some other things.

Are you sure you disabled the FSD plugin?? 

What kernel are you on?? Looks like DAI requires at least 16537

Did the file get corrupted when downloading?? It's a big TU!

Maybe try installing Aurora (it's kind of a big thing here), since FSD is dead. You'll probably get more (and better) support. 

edit: I did read elsewhere that disk Auto-swap in FSD can lead to a crash.

and if the Title Update manager says no TU found, it's not there. If it's not there then you can't enable it, right? If you can't enable the TU, maybe the DLC is what is crashing it.

i manage to find out my DAI mediaID using 360 content manager.

about the kernel thing, im pretty sure 100% that i have enough to play DAI because i've been playing for quite some time. I wanted to update it because the bug is killing me. And yes, i have my FSD3 plugin ( UNLOAD )

my pc will tell me when i have downloaded a corrupted file. means if its not 100% complete, i would get error.

in the title update tab, ya it has no update found. BUT, i manage to make the TU work * not work like actually playing it * by putting into HDD cache.

when i put it in there, i open up my game it runs fine. when im about to load my save file, it give me this '' this save data was created with a newer version of the game. please download the latest patch and try again. ''

so basically its working by putting it into the cache, i just need to find the right one i guess. il try by installing Aurora~ would you mind find the TU for me? i've search through the entire day and i can't manage to find a right one. the one i need is base on this version: 4C274E0C 

i moved the TU file away from content, and put it in cache, it doesnt crash anymore. just not working and doesnt have the right TU i tihnk :C

Ok, well since I don't know how to find base from FSD I can really only help you from Aurora. So once you get that I'll jump in again.

The TU you got from XYZ is probably fine, just need to check if it's a match for your game.

BTW, you might want to reconsider posting files that are hidden from the general public on XYZ's site, they are for registered users there and might upset the person who uploaded it.

Also, saying "I'm pretty sure 100%" doesn't help anyone who's trying to help you. Post your actual kernel (dash) version, for 100% accurate help. If you're unsure how to obtain that, then either research it or ask for assistance. For all anyone knows, you might have a modified xex that made the game run on an older dash.

i manage to find out my DAI mediaID using 360 content manager.

about the kernel thing, im pretty sure 100% that i have enough to play DAI because i've been playing for quite some time. I wanted to update it because the bug is killing me. And yes, i have my FSD3 plugin ( UNLOAD )

my pc will tell me when i have downloaded a corrupted file. means if its not 100% complete, i would get error.

in the title update tab, ya it has no update found. BUT, i manage to make the TU work * not work like actually playing it * by putting into HDD cache.

when i put it in there, i open up my game it runs fine. when im about to load my save file, it give me this '' this save data was created with a newer version of the game. please download the latest patch and try again. ''

so basically its working by putting it into the cache, i just need to find the right one i guess. il try by installing Aurora~ would you mind find the TU for me? i've search through the entire day and i can't manage to find a right one. the one i need is base on this version: 4C274E0C i moved the TU file away from content, and put it in cache, it doesnt crash anymore. just not working and doesnt have the right TU i tihnk :C

Just because it downloads 100% of the file, or atleast say it does, doesn't mean the file isn't corrupted... however, zip/rar/7z etc. generally throw you an error when unpacking if the archive is corrupt (they usually have a CRC32 for each file) it still don't guarantee that the file won't get corrupted from that point until it reaches your console...

If you moved the TU from Content to Cache and it stops crashing it's because the TU isn't loaded anymore and the TU itself is crashing...

Also, just because the BASE game works with the kernel you have doesn't mean the TU's will work, TU's are updates, they often use newer toolchains or even newer functions then was available at launch in the updates meaning TU's might not work with the kernel you have... much like a new game might not work with it...

When we ask you for information it's not because it's meaningless, it's because it may have a meaning to solve your problem, you saying things like you're 100% sure it's not the problem doesn't help anyone, infact, it'll more likely make those of us trying to help you stop trying, if you're not willing to give us the information we ask you for then it's pointless for us to continue helping you as you'll likely think you know better and end up not testing what we tell you to because you don't believe it'll work, often times we'll tell you to do something unexpected that'll solve the problem...

Ok, well since I don't know how to find base from FSD I can really only help you from Aurora. So once you get that I'll jump in again.

The TU you got from XYZ is probably fine, just need to check if it's a match for your game.

BTW, you might want to reconsider posting files that are hidden from the general public on XYZ's site, they are for registered users there and might upset the person who uploaded it.

Also, saying "I'm pretty sure 100%" doesn't help anyone who's trying to help you. Post your actual kernel (dash) version, for 100% accurate help. If you're unsure how to obtain that, then either research it or ask for assistance. For all anyone knows, you might have a modified xex that made the game run on an older dash.

oh okay, sorry my mistake. i have kernel version: 2.0.16747.0 and dash version: 3.0b Rev775

oh okay, sorry my mistake. i have kernel version: 2.0.16747.0 and dash version: 3.0b Rev775

Ok, thanks Lolz. To take that completely out of the equation you might want to update to latest kernel. Check Swizzy's signature for instructions on that.

edit: tu6 looks like it was released in early May of 2015, kernel version 17349 was released April 30 2015. If Swizzy's assumption of title update needing newest kernel is correct, then you may need to update to at least 17349, possibly only 17150. To be safe just bump it to 17489.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks Lolz. To take that completely out of the equation you might want to update to latest kernel. Check Swizzy's signature for instructions on that.

edit: tu6 looks like it was released in early May of 2015, kernel version 17349 was released April 30 2015. If Swizzy's assumption of title update needing newest kernel is correct, then you may need to update to at least 17349, possibly only 17150. To be safe just bump it to 17489.

I've updated my kernel to the latest 17489. The TU is still not showing up for some reason. i have everything on the latest 

Ok, so next step is to tell us the game's base version. Like I said before, I can only really help you from Aurora, so once you get that we can remove another item from the equation.

BTW, good job with the kernel update, usually it's like pulling teeth to get someone to update.

Ok, so next step is to tell us the game's base version. Like I said before, I can only really help you from Aurora, so once you get that we can remove another item from the equation.

BTW, good job with the kernel update, usually it's like pulling teeth to get someone to update.

ive installed aurora, what should i do now to check the baseversion?

ive installed aurora, what should i do now to check the baseversion?

So in post #4 I described how to check that. 

If on Aurora, just go to the game, press Y, then press right to go to the subtitle, select it and scroll down to view the MediaID and Base.

However, you'll probably need to scan your game into the database first if it's a fresh install. You can scan just the one game, or all games, up to you. To do that, press Start on your controller and tab right 3x to the Content Scanning tab. Go down to Manage paths and select Add. From there just browse to wherever you have your game installed and select the directory. Make sure to set the Depth properly, set script data to none, then save. Basically same method as FSD, just a different interface. Once that's done, just follow the instructions from post #4 and post you game's base version. It should be listed near the top.

• Like 1

So in post #4 I described how to check that. 

However, you'll probably need to scan your game into the database first if it's a fresh install. You can scan just the one game, or all games, up to you. To do that, press Start on your controller and tab right 3x to the Content Scanning tab. Go down to Manage paths and select Add. From there just browse to wherever you have your game installed and select the directory. Make sure to set the Depth properly, set script data to none, then save. Basically same method as FSD, just a different interface. Once that's done, just follow the instructions from post #4 and post you game's base version. It should be listed near the top.

i've learnt how to use Aurora, i found the game ver

Title ID: 45410997 | Media ID: 4C274E0C | Base Version: 0000000E

Ok, well on to something else then, that seems OK.

Did you transfer the TU (and DLC) over to your 360 using Wifi, SMB, FTP, USB?

I know you said you used Horizon, but have you tried using a USB stick formatted to FAT32? it's possible it was somehow corrupted in the transfer before.

If that still doesn't yield results, you might try to launch it using XEX Menu.

edit: OK, I just downloaded and checked the TU you linked with 360CM, it shows the TU is MediaID: 4955B754 TitleID:45410997

I would venture a guess that it will never work, but I might be wrong.

I know you said you used Horizon, but have you tried using a USB stick formatted to FAT32? it's possible it was somehow corrupted in the transfer before.

i only use 1 way to install DLC and TU, that is using horizon. by using my external hard disk USB *formatted for xbox*

edit: OK, I just downloaded and checked the TU you linked with 360CM, it shows the TU is MediaID: 4955B754 TitleID:45410997

I would venture a guess that it will never work, but I might be wrong.

nope, every 4C274E0C TU for DAI is 4955B754. Like every TU, 4C(...) and 49(...) is the same for 0000000E version i think. i just loaded with TU6, but i have to make a new save on my external hdd. the save tht i have in internal memory wouldnt make for TU6, because i played the game before installing TU6. I tried to load the save i played without TU6 and it gave me this '' THE SAVE DATA WAS CREATED WITH ANOTHER VERSION OF THE GAME. '' is there a way to change the Version of the save data?

The reason you get "the save data was created with another version of the game" is most likely because the last save you made was from TU5. Now since your TU6 is not loading, it thinks it's at TU0. You can't load a save from a higher TU than you're currently running.
I don't know of a way to change the version of the save data, I don't think it's possible.

edit: and you're right, i've checked a couple different versions of the same TU6, they all say the same MediaID. I checked multiple sites in English and Brazilian. The only fix I run across anywhere is that you need to unload the FSD plugin. So many people seem to have no issues running it, but a few have the same identical issue as you. What makes no sense to me is that I don't know how to get FSD or Aurora to see the TU and let you enable it because of the MediaID being off. The only other advice I can give is to try using a different version (TitleID/MediaID) of the game, maybe GOD (I read some people saying that was how they run it). Other than that, someone else is going to have to come along to give you the answer, cause I don't have it. :(

The reason you get "the save data was created with another version of the game" is most likely because the last save you made was from TU5. Now since your TU6 is not loading, it thinks it's at TU0. You can't load a save from a higher TU than you're currently running.

I don't know of a way to change the version of the save data, I don't think it's possible.

edit: and you're right, i've checked a couple different versions of the same TU6, they all say the same MediaID. I checked multiple sites in English and Brazilian. The only fix I run across anywhere is that you need to unload the FSD plugin. So many people seem to have no issues running it, but a few have the same identical issue as you. What makes no sense to me is that I don't know how to get FSD or Aurora to see the TU and let you enable it because of the MediaID being off. The only other advice I can give is to try using a different version (TitleID/MediaID) of the game, maybe GOD (I read some people saying that was how they run it). Other than that, someone else is going to have to come along to give you the answer, cause I don't have it. :(

No, the last save is with no TU at all. completely clean. after that i installed the TU6 it gave me tht error. well im using Aurora now, so theres no need for me to unload fs3plugin.