RealModScene
sp1r1t0fc4t

Safe to connect RGH to Live to download Title Update?

I just bought LEGO Dimensions plus the Portal 2 and Doctor Who add on packs, and it requires a Title Update to properly use the add-on figures and levels.

I had a look in xboxunity but there aren't any title updates listed there yet.

My box is RGH, just updated to 2.0.17489.0 thanks to Swizzy's Kernel Updating Guide.

I remember hearing long ago that it was a bad idea to connect a modded 360 to the internet, and specifically to XBOX Live.

The rumour at the time was that it was likely to get banned, and that getting banned somehow corrupted the hard drive as well.

I've kept my box offline all these years out of fear, but never really known the truth.

What's the truth of the situation these days?

Is it a really bad idea for me to try connecting so I can download this Title Update?

I don't really care if I get banned as long as it doesn't wreck my machine in some way.

No, it's not safe... you'll be banned within 24h of connecting to Xbox Live, it doesn't matter why you connect... you'll be banned anyways....

But yeah, there was a time that they set a flag in the nand which would make any profile you have lock their savegames to that particular console effectively making them show up as corrupt on any other console, with an RGH/JTAG console that is somewhat easily fixed by not loading a savegame with any profile until you reflashed the nand with what was on it right before connecting to Xbox Live, i don't know if they still do this... but...

Perhaps you can find a friend with a retail console and download it on their console? should work by removing the HDD and using a USB stick (then you don't have to transfer it anywhere, just copy it from the USB to your console and voila)

Perhaps you can find a friend with a retail console and download it on their console? should work by removing the HDD and using a USB stick (then you don't have to transfer it anywhere, just copy it from the USB to your console and voila)

Thanks, I'll see who I know with a retail console.

Just wanted to chime in to share my experience.

I'm on a tri-nand system, and frequently switch between my retail (untouched) NAND and my hacked NAND. When on hacked NAND, I always launch my games BEFORE signing in (locally only-- I have liveblock on). Whenever I've needed the latest title update for any game, I simply switch to stock retail NAND and download it from XBL (using same account; obviously connected to live).

So yes, you can either use Swizzy's suggestion (find a friend with a retail console) or set up dual/tri-nand on your own console... The key is connecting fully retail (retail nand + glitcher disabled).

A final option is to back up your hacked NAND, reflash to stock and disable glitcher, then download straight to your own HDD. If you do this, and your retail NAND is not on the latest dash, updating from XBL will change the LDV values. This shouldn't be a problem if you're prepared for it. Here's how I would handle the process:

1) Back up current (hacked) NAND (make sure you have your CPU key saved somewhere safe!)

2) Write retail NAND with same dash revision as your hacked NAND

3) DISABLE/REMOVE YOUR GLITCH CHIP

4) Fully update via XBL

5) Make a backup of fully updated stock NAND

6) Download any and all title updates needed

7) Create a new hacked NAND based on NAND from step 5 (should have same LDV values as retail backup)

8) Write the new hacked NAND back to your system, re-enable or reconnect glitch chip and enjoy

EDIT: I just want to emphasize once again... NEVER connect to live with an enabled glitch chip. If you forget to disable your glitcher when you connect on a stock NAND, you're screwed! You've been warned!

• Like 1

On 2015-11-30 at 2:48 AM, Swizzy said:

Hi Swizzy,

So that means, I remove the HDD from my console and put it on a retail console and launch the Lego Dimensions game and download the update. Then remove the HDD and put it back to my console, launch the game and I can see the content update option in the game now?

On 2015-11-30 at 8:24 AM, sp1r1t0fc4t said:

Thanks, I'll see who I know with a retail console.

Did you finally get the content update working? I’m anxious to know the step by step on doing it