RealModScene
MrKronic

Aurora LINK setup issue

Hello again. I've been trying to set up SystemLink on my RGHed Corona in Aurora, but I've been having issues with the data and broadcast ports being unreachable. HEre's the info:

Problem:
I can't get a "pass" on Data port and Broadcast Port
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
I would like to play online with my RGH Xbox via System Link, but can't get a "pass" on the port tests.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setup:
- XBOX 360, Corona, Glitch2, Aurora 0.5b, Dashlaunch 3.16, Kernel 2.0.17489.0
- Router: Netgear WNR2000v5

Network Settings in NXE:
- Manual Settings
- Static IP: 192.168.1.188 (DHCP reserved IP for XBOX on MAC)
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

LiNK Settings (FSDPlugin):
Enable LiNK ✔
Enable UPnP ✔
Data Port: 3072
Broadcast Port: 3071

Status: FSD Plugin is Loaded || ConnectX Plugin is not Loaded...

Router Settings:
UPnP enabled ✔
List of UPnP enabled Ports:

Protocol     Port       Host                 IP-Address            to Port
TCP          3071         RGHXBOX        192.168.1.188     3071
TCP          3072         RGHXBOX        192.168.1.188      3072
UDP          3071         RGHXBOX        192.168.1.188      3071
UDP          3072         RGHXBOX        192.168.1.188     3072

Additional Router Info:
There is no DMZ Option available
There is no NAT Settings Option available (see above: Exposed Host)

There is no Firewall Rules option available

Result of Test in Aurora:
UPnP Status: UPnP enabled Router Found
Data Port Status: Port: 3072 TCP: Fail UDP: Fail
Broadcast Port Status: Port 3071 TCP: Fail UDP: Fail
JQE360 Authentication Status: Auth [username]: Pass
DevLink Disabled: Pass: DevLink is disabled
Ping Patch Enabled: Pass: Ping Patch enabled

Additional Info:
I have already tried setting the Router to non DHCP which had the same result.
Changing the ports in the Router and in Aurora had the same result.
Based on what I have read so far, there may be no open ports in my external ip, but owing to the fact that I was able to connect to Live on the same console before RGH, I doubt that could be it.

If you've reserved the IP for your console, you shouldn't be using a static IP on the console, leave it for DHCP... it'll always have the same IP...

Xbox LIVE don't use the same methods as LiNK does for the connections, your Xbox connects to Xbox LIVE and opens a tunnel between them to communicate, with LiNK the server is only responsible for telling you who are in the room, so all of you can connect together meaning YOU are the server for the games (thus the need to open the ports)

You are not alone. Same problem here 

In my case Network settings on NXE are automatic. DHCP reserve an IP to the Xbox, based on the MAC address.
I "pass" all tests except Data and Broadcast ports. I first tried to manually open ports 3071-3072, then using UPnP, but this test always fail.

I can join in other games with no problem but I need to host a game when I want to play co-op campaign with friends. Even they have the same problem.

Unlike you, I have an option called DMZ. What is it? Never heard it  :unsure:

Extra info: Kernel 17349. Dashlaunch 3.15. Aurora 0.5b. Router TP-Link TL-WR841N

If you've reserved the IP for your console, you shouldn't be using a static IP on the console, leave it for DHCP... it'll always have the same IP...

Xbox LIVE don't use the same methods as LiNK does for the connections, your Xbox connects to Xbox LIVE and opens a tunnel between them to communicate, with LiNK the server is only responsible for telling you who are in the room, so all of you can connect together meaning YOU are the server for the games (thus the need to open the ports)

So what could be done to solve this? Or is it really an ISP level problem like I mentioned earlier?

So what could be done to solve this? Or is it really an ISP level problem like I mentioned earlier?

According to this http://documentation.netgear.com/wnr2000/enu/202-10397-01/wnr2000-06-10.html your router does have DMZ in the WAN setup page. I would try entering your Xbox IP in DMZ and see if it works. If it does work, then there is something wrong with your router configuration, if not then it's most likely ISP related.

@mrknorton, DMZ (demilitarized zone) removes all barriers and opens the configured IP to the rest of the world.

You might even be able to get away with leaving DMZ on just for Xbox, but i'd recommend only using it for testing, then disable it when your done.

• Like 1

Most issues are either a bad router configuration (or bad router firmware which don't allow you to configure it properly) or a ISP level issue (they don't allow you to open the ports and such as they're supposed to)

Essntially, you need to be able to host a server in order to have the ports working, if that's not the case, well then you can't host any LiNK Games... however, you should still be able to play games hosted by other people even if you cannot open the ports... if you cannot, then it's likely that your ISP has put you behind a NAT as in your public IP is shared among others near you

So, if I enable DMZ and it still doesn't work, it's an ISP problem.

Otherwise, if with DMZ works, there is a config problem on my router. Correct?

So, if I enable DMZ and it still doesn't work, it's an ISP problem.

Otherwise, if with DMZ works, there is a config problem on my router. Correct?

Pretty much yeah

According to this http://documentation.netgear.com/wnr2000/enu/202-10397-01/wnr2000-06-10.html your router does have DMZ in the WAN setup page. I would try entering your Xbox IP in DMZ and see if it works. If it does work, then there is something wrong with your router configuration, if not then it's most likely ISP related.

Hmm, I have missed that :| Should've been a bit thorough. Either way, enabling DMZ still had no effect.

Most issues are either a bad router configuration (or bad router firmware which don't allow you to configure it properly) or a ISP level issue (they don't allow you to open the ports and such as they're supposed to)

Essntially, you need to be able to host a server in order to have the ports working, if that's not the case, well then you can't host any LiNK Games... however, you should still be able to play games hosted by other people even if you cannot open the ports... if you cannot, then it's likely that your ISP has put you behind a NAT as in your public IP is shared among others near you

I had a suspicion that this might have been an ISP level issue because the connection I am using is basically a shared connection, with a singular external IP maintained by the ISP which is heavily bottlenecked (Only ISP in the area so no other option). That is the only thing I could think of.

However my System Link option still appears greyed out in all multiplayer games, which you mentioned might again be another ISP level issue. If that is the case, how was it able to connect and play in Live before it was modded?

Hmm, I have missed that :| Should've been a bit thorough. Either way, enabling DMZ still had no effect.

I had a suspicion that this might have been an ISP level issue because the connection I am using is basically a shared connection, with a singular external IP maintained by the ISP which is heavily bottlenecked (Only ISP in the area so no other option). That is the only thing I could think of.

However my System Link option still appears greyed out in all multiplayer games, which you mentioned might again be another ISP level issue. If that is the case, how was it able to connect and play in Live before it was modded?

Yes, shared connections generally don't work for this type of connections =/

Like i explained before, LIVE opens up a connection from your xbox to the Xbox LIVE servers and creates a tunnel that way, this type of connections works while the type of connections where the connection isn't maintained won't work under your conditions...

The System Link option being greyed out means that it's unable to download the latest version of the syslink.dat file, try deleting it (this often works) it should be stored in Aurora\Plugins\UserData\