RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
tonycrew

TitleID MediaID Confusion

Hi I've not done this for a while but have a RGH 360 and am manually downloading TU's from Unity site, so when I look for say Fifa16 TU it has a TitleID then when I click on Updates they have a MediaID, i know they go in the Content/00000000000/ Folder but do I put them like this

Folder TitleID/MediaID or Folder MediaID

P.S. I'm using FSD3 I know Aurora is out but i'm not into the layout just yet, so I don't want to install that and let it update 600 covers,wallpapers,screenshot and TU's that I already have.

it's "content/0000000/TitleID/0002000/" your media ID is from the version that you have.. all regions are basically the same setup except the media id part.. 

since you are using FSD, use 360 Content manager for the SMB share, and you can find all your media IDs with that.. 

OR you can just use 360 content manager to FTP them.. and they will automatically be put in correct folder anyhow.. even if the TU goes into the cache folder ;-)

• Like 2

thankyou for your reply I've been out of this scene for a while, but as I picked up a X360 Kiosk I thought why not get it set up again.

thankyou for your reply I've been out of this scene for a while, but as I picked up a X360 Kiosk I thought why not get it set up again.

NP mate.. it does take some practice to get back into the swing of things.. i'd recommend getting used to Aurora tho.. as FSD is dead.. meaning lack of updates and stuff.. Aurora will download and place the correct TU's for you.. no need for manually doing it..

NP mate.. it does take some practice to get back into the swing of things.. i'd recommend getting used to Aurora tho.. as FSD is dead.. meaning lack of updates and stuff.. Aurora will download and place the correct TU's for you.. no need for manually doing it..

Not entirely true, Lolz.

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6234-%5BRELEASE%5D-FSD-TUs-and-covers-download-fix

yeah, not entirely true. BUT that wasnt posted til today.. ahahahaha.. and it isnt "official" either is it?? lmao.. so can't trust it really.. as it could have a KV stealer in it ;-)

but yeah.. not saying guy did do that.. but yeah.. use with caution lolz

No, definitely not official, lolz. But i'm sure if anyone reports any issues along KV stealing lines, Swizzy will be quick to delete the post.

I imagine lots of F3 users are going to try it too.

I probably will use Aurora one day but i'm happy so far to use 360 content manager I forgot all about that app, I need to update to latest dash as i'm on 6? but i'll probably wait until something doesn't work 1st, I don't use Kinect or Voice so as long as games run fine then there's no problems.

I probably will use Aurora one day but i'm happy so far to use 360 content manager I forgot all about that app, I need to update to latest dash as i'm on 6? but i'll probably wait until something doesn't work 1st, I don't use Kinect or Voice so as long as games run fine then there's no problems.

there isnt a dash version that's just plain 6.. lol.. you can update to 17349 as the newer games require it.. and brings support for externals up to 2tb..

also don't forget to do the avatar update.. as it is required for alot of games..

Edit: dash versions are like this: 2.0.17349.0

No, definitely not official, lolz. But i'm sure if anyone reports any issues along KV stealing lines, Swizzy will be quick to delete the post.

I imagine lots of F3 users are going to try it too.

yeah i've passed it along to those dedicated FSD users else where.. thanks for the heads up tho mate ;-)

• Like 1

Sorry I meant 16???? yeh I remember you had to run the update after flashing to get avatars back.

16xxx... i'd recommend updating your dash. But if you don't want any of the newer games and it works for what you have, then cool.

it's running fifa16, WWE 2K16 ok, I haven't tried rise of the tombraider yet i'm not up with the latest on 360 as haven't used one since fifa15 lol.

I've built an image with j-runner though so its all ready to be done. :)

it's running fifa16, WWE 2K16 ok, I haven't tried rise of the tombraider yet i'm not up with the latest on 360 as haven't used one since fifa15 lol.

I've built an image with j-runner though so its all ready to be done. :)

well you can tell what the image is with jrunner/system settings before updating.. as you might already be on it.. so would be pointless to update.. i know WWE 2k16 requires 17349.. just a heads up mate

Something doesn't jive with what your saying...

863611aa1698ea2c217b6548fe66f852.pngabgxfifa16.png

There was patches a while back that would allow you to run the game even with a older kernel then required, i don't know if we still have those in there... but, what i do know is that often times the games use functions which were added to the new kernel version, or expect a specific behavior from existing functions which were implemented in the newer versions which causes them to crash when running on older kernel...

It's a gamble to play the games with older kernel, if it works, great... but you'll likely end up with a crash sooner then later, and most likely in a critical point in the game where you hate yourself for not keeping up-to-date

There was patches a while back that would allow you to run the game even with a older kernel then required, i don't know if we still have those in there... but, what i do know is that often times the games use functions which were added to the new kernel version, or expect a specific behavior from existing functions which were implemented in the newer versions which causes them to crash when running on older kernel...

It's a gamble to play the games with older kernel, if it works, great... but you'll likely end up with a crash sooner then later, and most likely in a critical point in the game where you hate yourself for not keeping up-to-date

Ok, thanks Swizzy. I wasn't aware anything like that was out there, or even needed for that matter, lolz. Maybe for Corona users??

Something doesn't jive with what your saying...

there is certain patches that can be done on the user-end.. game does work with the patch.. but TU wont.. so pointless to keep it like that.. lolz

According to FSD i'm on 2.0.16537.0, this console was RGH last November.

as far as i remember.. FSD doesnt tell you the dash?? but it would be smart to update to atleast 17349 mate.. so no issues arise..

Ok, thanks Swizzy. I wasn't aware anything like that was out there, or even needed for that matter, lolz. Maybe for Corona users??

it's remove min library version with xextool.. lolz.. been there for a while mate, long before corona or even slims in general ;-)

there is certain patches that can be done on the user-end.. game does work with the patch.. but TU wont.. so pointless to keep it like that.. lolz

as far as i remember.. FSD doesnt tell you the dash?? but it would be smart to update to atleast 17349 mate.. so no issues arise..

FSD does tell you the current dash, well it probably say "Kernel", but kernel and dash are the same thing ;) check the about area ;)

it's remove min library version with xextool.. lolz.. been there for a while mate, long before corona or even slims in general ;-)

Ah, ok. I dl'd it a while back for something but haven't used it for anything yet. Thanks for explaining, guess I should rtfm.

FSD does tell you the current dash, well it probably say "Kernel", but kernel and dash are the same thing ;) check the about area ;)

ahh well couldnt remember.. haha.. been so long since i've used it.. haha.. well you mean the FSD plugin? like with title ID ect?? prolly why i cant remember haha.. barely play on link personally..

Ah, ok. I dl'd it a while back for something but haven't used it for anything yet. Thanks for explaining, guess I should rtfm.

xextool is in content manager, along with iso2god.. but they are older versions.. swizzy informed me some time ago.. 6.6 has been out..

ahh well couldnt remember.. haha.. been so long since i've used it.. haha.. well you mean the FSD plugin? like with title ID ect?? prolly why i cant remember haha.. barely play on link personally..

Nope, i mean in the actual application...