Gualdimar

[RELEASE] FSD TUs and covers download fix

working:
-TUs check and download
-covers donwload

not working
-push from unity to xbox

my little improvement:
-you can see all avaliable TUs for the game(it means, you can update games like GTA V). but, if TU`s mediaid differs from mediaid of installed game, TU`s displayed name would be something like "MID:0C48794E GTA V Title Update 26", where "MID:0C48794E" - TU`s mediaid.

how to install:
1. download my default.xex
2. replace the original default.xex in fsd folder with mine
3. restart fsd

*UPDATE 17.10.2016*

thanks to dizazter, everything is up and running again on the new hosting. you need to download updated version of default.xex
there are two versions now:
default.rar - shows TU for all MediaIDs
default_filter.rar - shows TU only for your MediaID

*UPDATE 3.11.2016*

uploaded scripts and tool to create patched xex on github. you can create your own cover libraries(with a little bit of php scripting and database) or just use your own server for faster response. anyway, use your imagination.

there is a q.php for "push to xbox" functionality, but there is glitch in fsd which can`t be fixed without sources

readme and howto: https://github.com/Gualdimar/fsd4ever/blob/master/README.md
compiled tool: https://github.com/Gualdimar/fsd4ever/releases
source: https://github.com/Gualdimar/fsd4ever

donwload:
default.rar
default_filter.rar

somescreenshots:

192.168.1.103-image5.jpg

192.168.1.103-image4.jpg

192.168.1.103-image6.jpg

192.168.1.103-image4.jpg

192.168.1.103-image5.jpg

192.168.1.103-image6.jpg

• Like 8

Hello installed but does not work ... I do not by any title update download

check again. if result will be the same, check your xbox internet connection, firewall/router settings

from the beginning i was using FSD 775. but i found:
1. It is not downloding custom game covers
2. Covers are not downloaded in HD
3. only front side of game cover is visible
4. most importantly FSD Freezes (Hang\stop responding)
it force me to switch to Aurora. at least from my experience i can say, Aurora never freezes.
But i love FSD, if your version is fixed from above issue than surely i am going to use FSD again.
Plz tell me

it force me to switch to Aurora. at least from my experience i can say, Aurora never freezes.

But i love FSD, if your version is fixed from above issue than surely i am going to use FSD again.

Plz tell me

It will likely still suffer from the freeze issues, because it's caused by the app running out of memory (most likely that's the reason) and it doesn't know how to handle it, which means it'll freeze

Plz tell me

1. it downloads covers from xboxunity, but "push to xbox" doesn`t work. i tried to get some help from the developers, but they didn`t respond.

i came up with several ways to implement this functionality, but in my opinion they are harder than changing cover through webui.

2. covers are in the best possible quality.

3. both sides are visible

4. can`t do anything about freezes

It will likely still suffer from the freeze issues, because it's caused by the app running out of memory (most likely that's the reason) and it doesn't know how to handle it, which means it'll freeze

Thanks for responding dear.

1. it downloads covers from xboxunity, but "push to xbox" doesn`t work. i tried to get some help from the developers, but they didn`t respond.

i came up with several ways to implement this functionality, but in my opinion they are harder than changing cover through webui.

2. covers are in the best possible quality.

3. both sides are visible

4. can`t do anything about freezes

Yup you are right. Covers are perfectly set. Finger crossed about freezing.....thanks for responding and for amazing upload

Ok. Thanks for the ban on IRC ... ;) Just had the problem with the client (kiwi irc -,-)

I managed to find the "weather problem" with the api. But I need some help with starting all this together. Can anyone there help me with it?
I mean... The procedure was like this:
1. I took the original FSD 3.0 rev 775 and decompress and decrypt it with xextool.
2. I found the issue with the weather - the link had v1 not v2 which I've already correct... 
3. I compressed it and encrypt, have the file but i wonder if this can anyhow broke my console.

So if anyone knows the safe method of starting this up (like... two dashes is safe or whatever else checked by you) - I'll boot it up, or send it to you.
I'd like to also correct the TU and Covers like in the in the topic - I gave the idea how to make it (the details I can give on PM or even here if they are needed)... so lets make the new FSD ! :V

Ok. Thanks for the ban on IRC ... ;) Just had the problem with the client (kiwi irc -,-)

You're not banned from the channel if that's what you're talking about, if not, it's a server ban which none of us here have any control over (we're not in charge of the efnet network or whatever server you connected to)

I managed to find the "weather problem" with the api. But I need some help with starting all this together. Can anyone there help me with it?

I mean... The procedure was like this:

1. I took the original FSD 3.0 rev 775 and decompress and decrypt it with xextool.

2. I found the issue with the weather - the link had v1 not v2 which I've already correct... 

3. I compressed it and encrypt, have the file but i wonder if this can anyhow broke my console.

So if anyone knows the safe method of starting this up (like... two dashes is safe or whatever else checked by you) - I'll boot it up, or send it to you.

I'd like to also correct the TU and Covers like in the in the topic - I gave the idea how to make it (the details I can give on PM or even here if they are needed)... so lets make the new FSD ! :V

it is`n that easy, v1 and v2 have different structure of xml response. if you simply change the link, weather won`t appear in fsd correctly. it is easier to find an old api key in the internet

It would be nice if the filter TU's just for the mediaID of the game.

What's the point? You can easily see suitable tu's, they don't have MID:XXXXXX in their names. And this feature is usefull for multidisc games.

Anyway, the f3 380, which you have posted, has that kind of filter...

Thanks a lot for this Gualdimar. Been using it for a while now. I like the fact it doesn't filter all the non-matching Media ID TU's from view. It's especially handy for games that use disc 2 to boot (eg. Watch Dogs), where you have to grab one of the 'MID' labeled TU's. Weird thing is, about three weeks or so ago, cover downloading just seem to stop working for about a week, whereas the other modded version carried on working. Strange. I tried yours again today and it was working again, so I've gone back to your version. Cheers.

Thanks a lot for this Gualdimar. Been using it for a while now. I like the fact it doesn't filter all the non-matching Media ID TU's from view. It's especially handy for games that use disc 2 to boot (eg. Watch Dogs), where you have to grab one of the 'MID' labeled TU's. Weird thing is, about three weeks or so ago, cover downloading just seem to stop working for about a week, whereas the other modded version carried on working. Strange. I tried yours again today and it was working again, so I've gone back to your version. Cheers.

as i said:

currently, scripts are running on shitty free hosting, so there may be some disruptions

so there may be some problems, but usually they are temporary. if something major occurs, i`ll post in this topic

as i said:

so there may be some problems, but usually they are temporary. if something major occurs, i`ll post in this topic

So you did. Apologies. To be honest, it's been working pretty well for months now and I'd forgotten what you said about the host. Cheers.