RealModScene
gmarks

Multidisc issue with Aurora 0.5b

Hi guys. I've tried my best not to post anything but I have look thru mostly all the postings to try and resolve the multidisc issues I'm facing but I just can't seem to do it. Maybe i am just overthinking it but i really need to ask. By the way, I really love Aurora, keep up the good work.

Normally i would have it in this format:

Game Title / Disk1 / Disk1 content ...followed by

Game Title / Disk2 / Disk2 content...and so on...

One even suggested:

Game Title / Disk1 content followed by

Game Title/ Disk2 / Disk 2 content etc. Then I seem some posting where its mentioned Instead of Disk1, its either DVD1 or Disc1 some with space between and some without. What is the correct naming procedure? Disk1, Disk 1, Disc1, DVD1, etc etc.

I'm sorry guys to sound like a total noob but I've had no problem with FSD on multi discs. It only happening when I switch over to Aurora..Can anyone once and for all explain this to me.

Thank you for your patience and assistance in advance...

• Like 1

Hi guys. I've tried my best not to post anything but I have look thru mostly all the postings to try and resolve the multidisc issues I'm facing but I just can't seem to do it. Maybe i am just overthinking it but i really need to ask. By the way, I really love Aurora, keep up the good work.

Normally i would have it in this format:

Game Title / Disk1 / Disk1 content ...followed by

Game Title / Disk2 / Disk2 content...and so on...

One even suggested:

Game Title / Disk1 content followed by

Game Title/ Disk2 / Disk 2 content etc. Then I seem some posting where its mentioned Instead of Disk1, its either DVD1 or Disc1 some with space between and some without. What is the correct naming procedure? Disk1, Disk 1, Disc1, DVD1, etc etc.

I'm sorry guys to sound like a total noob but I've had no problem with FSD on multi discs. It only happening when I switch over to Aurora..Can anyone once and for all explain this to me.

Thank you for your patience and assistance in advance...

Aurora uses the same procedure as FSD did, so do it the same way you did with FSD and it should work fine ;)

Ok. Thank you very much. Is there a specific name I have to give the various Disks folders? Eg Disk1, Disc1 etc?

Thank for the earlier advise...

Appreciate all the hardwork on the Aurora. 

download swap.xex and place on the root of usb/hdd/memory unit

then add to dash launch plugins :

[Plugins]
    plugin1 = Usb:\swap.xex

or

plugin1 = hdd:\swap.xex

and save dash luanch

edit Multi.ini or make Multi.txt and change to Multi.ini then edit in PC (with small letter) and place on the root of usb/hdd/memory unit  :

for Ex :

[game title] = [425307F5]
game path : disk2 = hdd:\games\wolfenstein the new order\disk2\
                    disk3 = hdd:\games\wolfenstein the new order\disk3\
                    disk4 = hdd:\games\wolfenstein the new order\disk4\

for GOD :

[game title] = [454108DF] (dead space 2)
game path : disk1 = hdd:\content\0000000000000000\454108DF\00007000\B8605B3BAFB748ACD08A       without \
                    disk2 = hdd:\content\0000000000000000\454108DF\00007000\12345678900987654321          without \

THE END

sorry for ........

• Like 1

Ok. Thank you very much. Is there a specific name I have to give the various Disks folders? Eg Disk1, Disc1 etc?

Thank for the earlier advise...

Appreciate all the hardwork on the Aurora. 

I use D1,D2 etc.It doesn't seem like the swap plugin cares about folder names as i assume the meta data required is held in the game/s xex file/s

Guys, thank you very much for the info...

Really appreciate the assist. At least I have a better idea and understanding on how the multidisc thingy works.

It works like a charm now. Sometimes we over think it and that itself is the problem. If you ran the xex or GOD file from either XEX menu or file Manager the chances are it will not swap discs as we expect it too but if you add into into the library, works like a charm...

Love Aurora  :thumbsup: Looking forward to 0.6....