RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
cannellizer

Random Console Reboots in Black ops 3

I don't know what type of information is best to provide for this post, but I'll just essentially state the issue. I was playing black ops 3 yesterday and the first time when I chose the zombies option, my Jasper RGH rebooted itself. I got back in again and tried zombies again, and it worked fine. After a couple rounds, at some point, the console reboot again. I stopped playing after that. The only other time this has happened to me has been when I'm playing Skyrim, and it happened very infrequently, maybe a few times over 60-80 hours? Thats just an estimate, but it wasn't ever concerning to me, and didn't affect my gameplay. No other games have to done this to me.

Is it something to do with the copy of the game? or my console?

Based on my research, I can tell you that my console doesn't have any overheating issues, as it runs extremely cool, plus right now my apartment is freezing. I keep the console clean and dust free.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check your dashlaunch settings, do you have "fatalreboot" enabled? if so -> the game is having a fatal crash where the console would normally freeze instead... which can be caused by a bad copy of the game, or a bug in the game code...

One thing that must be said is that the zombie mode is having lots of framerate drops during the game, so the console is most likely not able to give the performance it needs, which could lead to freezes or reboots, lets hope they will work on it.

Check your dashlaunch settings, do you have "fatalreboot" enabled? if so -> the game is having a fatal crash where the console would normally freeze instead... which can be caused by a bad copy of the game, or a bug in the game code...

Swizzy, I do have fatalreboot enabled. And it looks as though you are correct as I am getting hard reboots. Thank you for confirming what is happening. I'll figure out what I want to do about it.

One thing that must be said is that the zombie mode is having lots of framerate drops during the game, so the console is most likely not able to give the performance it needs, which could lead to freezes or reboots, lets hope they will work on it.

I can attest to that, I am getting a ton of "framerate dropping." Is it only zombies though? Maybe I can try multiplayer or freerun and see if I get the same results. Thanks

I didn't notice any in freerun, didn't notice any in zombies either, but then again I only got 3 rounds before I became an hors d'oeuvre [emoji38]

I didn't notice any in freerun, didn't notice any in zombies either, but then again I only got 3 rounds before I became an hors d'oeuvre [emoji38]

the game is @ 30FPS anyhow.. so you will experience some issues.. lmao BUT yeah.. game is great on X1.. ;-)

• Like 1

the game is @ 30FPS anyhow.. so you will experience some issues.. lmao BUT yeah.. game is great on X1.. ;-)

Good to know, I plan on getting it eventually for X1. I'm mostly a campaigner anyway.

Good to know, I plan on getting it eventually for X1. I'm mostly a campaigner anyway.

just know campaign is online only too.. lmao

Swizzy, I do have fatalreboot enabled. And it looks as though you are correct as I am getting hard reboots. Thank you for confirming what is happening. I'll figure out what I want to do about it.

I can attest to that, I am getting a ton of "framerate dropping." Is it only zombies though? Maybe I can try multiplayer or freerun and see if I get the same results. Thanks

Maybe cool it? Is the fan cooling it? Cause I had mines on 'Auto' in Dashlaunch and in ZM it overheated and rebooted. Then I put it up to 90% fan speed and I'm fine now. It just gets a little heated (Using Slim with RGH2, Trinity)

Maybe cool it? Is the fan cooling it? Cause I had mines on 'Auto' in Dashlaunch and in ZM it overheated and rebooted. Then I put it up to 90% fan speed and I'm fine now. It just gets a little heated (Using Slim with RGH2, Trinity)

and you are DRASTICALLY killing your fan.. but do you mate ;-)

I'm having the same issue. What did you do to run the game, cannellizer? I just made that nuketown fix on the Compatibility Pack

I'm having the same issue. What did you do to run the game, cannellizer? I just made that nuketown fix on the Compatibility Pack

Do the nuketown fix.. All you should have is FF and then 01 in there.. And tu1 to play

You should just change the target temps, i've said to sooo many times i'm getting tired of repeating myself... it's a BAD idea to set a static fanspeed...

Yeah, my console has some fan mod, and honestly it is still unbelievable to me how cool the console runs. Periodically I'll put my hand around the box, and it is never even warm. The 3 xboxs I had previously would get super hot and they eventually died. I can assure you there is no overheating issues with my console.

"Swizzy" had whipped up a program that basically does the fix for you. It patches the compatibility pack so that you don't screw it up, haha. He posted this program in another BO3 thread on this site. So that is what I used.

"Swizzy" had whipped up a program that basically does the fix for you. It patches the compatibility pack so that you don't screw it up, haha. He posted this program in another BO3 thread on this site. So that is what I used.

So maybe it has something to do with it... I played yesterday but it didn't happened, it's weird

Did you had this problem again?