RealModScene
RGSPro

Database/Tag editor

I have Future Solder categorized as a Kinect game and want to move it out of there and to the normal 360 game list.  Is there a way to edit the database file or to change it's category manually?  I can't figure out a way to do this for just certain games that can be played without the Kinect.  Thanks!

• Like 1

There will be ways of editing these things easily down the line, for now you'll have to manually edit the database... some info is available in my github repository here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraDbManager/blob/master/AuroraDbManager/Database/DbFlags.cs, here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraDbManager/blob/master/AuroraDbManager/Database/AuroraDbManager.cs and here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraDbManager/blob/master/AuroraDbManager/Database/ContentItem.cs

There will be ways of editing these things easily down the line, for now you'll have to manually edit the database... some info is available in my github repository here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraDbManager/blob/master/AuroraDbManager/Database/DbFlags.cs, here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraDbManager/blob/master/AuroraDbManager/Database/AuroraDbManager.cs and here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraDbManager/blob/master/AuroraDbManager/Database/ContentItem.cs

Yeah I think I found that while searching the forums but I don't quite know what to do with that :-p

Yeah I think I found that while searching the forums but I don't quite know what to do with that :-p

Basically, the first link Swizzy provided, calls out the different flags for games in the database.

If you install sqlitebrowser, you can FTP in to your 360 and open up Aurora's database found in Hdd1/Aurora/Data/Databases/content.db

From there you would have to change the flag under ContentFlags for TC's Future Soldier from 9 (or 1? - not sure, my Kinects are all 9's) to 4

That should reclassify the game as a standard retail game and change the case color from purple to green after a restart.

If you do this, make sure you backup the database first before changing anything. You will also need to upload the edited DB from either Dashlaunch or another installation of Aurora, otherwise the database would still be in use.

• Like 1

Oh awesome.  I just didn't know I could use a SQL editor! After that it was pretty easy.  It was set as a 5 and I changed it to 4 and showed up on the next boot of Aurora.  Thanks so much for the help!

• Like 2

Basically, the first link Swizzy provided, calls out the different flags for games in the database.

If you install sqlitebrowser, you can FTP in to your 360 and open up Aurora's database found in Hdd1/Aurora/Data/Databases/content.db

From there you would have to change the flag under ContentFlags for TC's Future Soldier from 9 (or 1? - not sure, my Kinects are all 9's) to 4

That should reclassify the game as a standard retail game and change the case color from purple to green after a restart.

If you do this, make sure you backup the database first before changing anything. You will also need to upload the edited DB from either Dashlaunch or another installation of Aurora, otherwise the database would still be in use.

Flags are usually applied like this:

value1 | value2 = flag

meaning;

1 | 2 = 3

Flags are usually applied like this:

value1 | value2 = flag

meaning;

1 | 2 = 3

Thanks Swizzy, that makes more sense now.  :thumbup:

His were retail + kinect  4 | 1 = 5... mine were devkit + kinect 8 | 1 = 9

• Like 1

Thanks Swizzy, that makes more sense now.  :thumbup:

His were retail + kinect  4 | 1 = 5... mine were devkit + kinect 8 | 1 = 9

This rule is generally true when talking about flags which are defined as the power of 2, meaning: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 etc. etc.

When talking about flags which are sequential (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6......) it's usually just the value itself that matters

This rule is generally true when talking about flags which are defined as the power of 2, meaning: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 etc. etc.

When talking about flags which are sequential (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6......) it's usually just the value itself that matters

I give you points for trying to explain that to me, but unfortunately it went right on over my head, lmao.

Edit: actually I think I get what you're saying. I just assumed before that they were sequential.

I give you points for trying to explain that to me, but unfortunately it went right on over my head, lmao.

Edit: actually I think I get what you're saying. I just assumed before that they were sequential.

Would you mind elaborating on that part QuattroGam3r? I did not understand what Swizzy ment and how to apply this in practice. I can of course check my own database and compare the flag values but I would love to understand how the system works.

Thank you.

Would you mind elaborating on that part QuattroGam3r? I did not understand what Swizzy ment and how to apply this in practice. I can of course check my own database and compare the flag values but I would love to understand how the system works.

Thank you.

You mean the flags like 4|1=5...? Start at the top of this page and check the first link Swizzy gave. Use those flag values to compare with what you see in your db and it will make more sense.

Basically, like I said "retail + kinect  4 | 1 = 5" retail has a flag value of 4, kinect has a flag value of 1. When you combine them you get 5 and that is what is entered into the database. If you wanted to change that to drop the kinect, you would just subtract 1 and change the database to 4. Then after a reboot it would change that game to a retail game (green case) instead of a retail + kinect (purple case)... make sense?

The example I had on mine where it was a 9 was just because my game was scanned in as a devkit game instead of retail... I could have probably changed it to 8 to drop the kinect off it, but I never tested that. Swizzy is the db guy here, I just go poking around in things, lolz. As always, back up your database before messing around with it.

• Like 1

Thanks, I had then understand the concept. What got me confused was the part about the "flags which are defined as the power of 2" that Swizzy posted  :)

Thanks, I had then understand the concept. What got me confused was the part about the "flags which are defined as the power of 2" that Swizzy posted  :)

My understanding is that the power of two he was talking about was more for combinations of flags. If they were sequential it would have only been single values. 

But that's really best directed at Swizzy, since like I said, I just poke around.

The system isn't based on Decimal math, it's based on Binary math...

Decimal math means 1 + 1 = 2, this is also true in Binary math, but we're not doing "1+1" we're doing 1|1 which would be 1, when simply adding a flag that's not already there, you do +<value of new flag>, but if you don't know if it's already there or not, you do | <value of new flag>

I suck at math, and i'm no good at explaining the binary math system, but there are plenty of them out there on google, you can use the calculator in Windows to see the flag bits, that's really what matters in this case, open up the calculator and change it to Programmer mode, then type in the value you see, it'll show you the bits... like this: https://gyazo.com/747da2a8f6fda56d944d9079fbdbb4a0 (this is windows 10 Calculator, it's similar in the Windows 8.1 and older, just all binary positions displayed with the lower right one being the start of it)

Thank you for your efforts Swizzy. I will look more into this to see if I can correct the database so the games that are not been placed where they should be are then "moved" to the correct category.

Hopefuly this will be much easier when the next version is out and it give us the function for making these kind of changes from Aurora itself instead of needing directly edition of the content.db file.

I think Aurora is a fantastic piece of software. It is in many aspects already leaps ahead of FSD3.

• Like 1

With 0.6b there will be the possibility to modify the database from Utility Scripts, which means someone just have to decide to write something that does this =)

I don't think there is a red cover no...

There is Green for Xbox 360/Xbox Classic, Purple for Kinect, Orange for XBLA and Blue for Indie... Red i don't think we have...

Sent from my SM-G903F

ok to bad i have red covers for my emulators then i have to remade them blue whats the number for blue then