RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.6b

I'm sorry, but this is f****** ridiculous, if you are actually capable of reading and can click the "press here button" to change pages (as well as finding this page) then you shouldn't have to ask when it's coming out. SO STOP ASKING! I'm going to put this in nice big fat letters for the dumb & foolish. (If they can't read it, holy s***!)

AURORA 0.6B ISN'T READY YET! THE MORE YOU ASK, THE LONGER ALL OF YOU (US INCLUDING) HAVE TO WAIT. WANT IT RELEASED FASTER? STOP ASKING & BE PATIENT. GO OUTSIDE FOR CHRIST SAKE! READ A BOOK, WATCH TV, ETC. PLAY THIS IN YOUR HEAD ON REPEAT, "HEY IS IT READY YET?" DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR? YOU'RE ALL LIKE CHILDREN ASKING YOUR PARENTS "IF YOU'RE THERE YET" AURORA WILL BE DONE WHEN YOU STOP. ANYONE YOU KNOW THAT KNOWS OF THE SCENE, TELL THEM THE SAME THING WE'RE TELLING YOU: IT'S NOT READY, WE DON'T KNOW WHEN. THE DEV TEAM ARE NOT MINDLESS ROBOTS, THEY ARE NORMAL PEOPLE WITH NORMAL ISSUES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AT HOME! SO STOP ASKING, AND JUST MOVE ALONG

I'm sorry, but I had to get that out of me. I'm not even part of the dev team, and it's was annoying the hell out of me. But seriously, all of you need to be patient. From now on, ANY comment similar to the one above, I'll report as spam. Though I'm not on RMS alot. I still do what I can to help. It just seems like all people do is hear about Aurora, finding out it's home (RMS) and creating an account just to ask when it'll come out. Like it's some game or something. I mean geeze! You've got eyes, you "should" know how to use them, please do so. And so I'm going to end this post with a big thank you...

Phoenix, Aurora Dev Team, and Everyone Else Who Is Part of It:

Thank you so much for sacrificing your time and sanity into making this dashboard for us (the ones who are appreciative) You've done so much for nothing in gain, yet you still make content for us. I say again, THANK YOU! :thumbsup:

I'd comfortably say 0.6b will come out sometime mid-2017 if at all.. lol.. as the scene is all but completely dead..
  • Like 1

Ä° would prefer a progress bar for some more transparence

Ä°f its at 80% and finished mid 2017 people would either skip waiting or bash more. :p

Ä° would prefer a progress bar for some more transparence

Ä°f its at 80% and finished mid 2017 people would either skip waiting or bash more. :p

It's hard to estimate a % completed when finding more bugs during testing...

Regardless, if it stays on the same % for a longer period of time people get mad about that instead, and alot more people would complain

Sent from my SM-G903F

I hate to say it, but I tend to agree with felida, mid to late 2017 if ever.  the 360 'scene' is pretty stagnant, even the dash updates have been few and far between

I hate to say it, but I tend to agree with felida, mid to late 2017 if ever.  the 360 'scene' is pretty stagnant, even the dash updates have been few and far between

i was just giving a "rough" estimate.. pretty sure there isn't the same amount of people working on it, as when they first started.. ect..

plus real life, coding issues which are bugs/ect.. i DO hope it comes out.. just honestly.. it might not.. lol..

I honestly dont think its bug issues. I honestly think its almost only private issues that made it last so long this time. The bad thing is that we cant do anything about it. People will always claim each other. Shutting up is a feature of too less people :?

I just wait, dont hate, but donate.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, what's the average amount of money people donate on here? I've been thinking of donating myself. And I thought maybe it would "help motivate" you guys to going the extra mile to a faster release. If that's what it takes to get the impatient dyslexic idiots to stop whining... I'll donate. But I am actually hoping to see 0.6B come quicker myself. Soooo... yeah, lol

Just out of curiosity, what's the average amount of money people donate on here? I've been thinking of donating myself. And I thought maybe it would "help motivate" you guys to going the extra mile to a faster release. If that's what it takes to get the impatient dyslexic idiots to stop whining... I'll donate. But I am actually hoping to see 0.6B come quicker myself. Soooo... yeah, lol

There isnt a "kickstarter" or "gofundme" thing.. there isnt even a "this person dontated this much" option.. asking is a good thing.. but yeah.. wont really "motivate" anyone.. in my opinion.. lol.. i really do think "if" it comes.. it wont be any time soon.. if anything.. i'd donate to keep xboxunity up and running.. as that would be more "productive" honestly.. as that is what link/tu's are stored on..

I honestly dont think its bug issues. I honestly think its almost only private issues that made it last so long this time. The bad thing is that we cant do anything about it. People will always claim each other. Shutting up is a feature of too less people :?

I just wait, dont hate, but donate.

Well, what do you think is preventing a release once it's hit the testing phase? it's not just private issues, it's also the bugs... we need to fix bugs we find, which issues in life makes take some time to do...

I would wait longer rather than getting a buggy release.. Like the perfect last 5 releases..

I personally think donations are 'a kind of thanks'.. they do a lot of work for us and spend their time and here we are annoying them by asking when is the next release..

THANKS team phoenix :)

• Like 3

Well, what do you think is preventing a release once it's hit the testing phase? it's not just private issues, it's also the bugs... we need to fix bugs we find, which issues in life makes take some time to do...

I never saw such a long testing phase and such long list of bugs then.

I dont know how much you are involved in. But i assume more private issues and pauses. You and everyother person already mention that, but the mentioned private stuff must be really big.

I just hope you can fix everything. I dont believe it will be asap.

I never saw such a long testing phase and such long list of bugs then.

I dont know how much you are involved in. But i assume more private issues and pauses. You and everyother person already mention that, but the mentioned private stuff must be really big.

I just hope you can fix everything. I dont believe it will be asap.

You're not used to a very small dev team i can tell...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I think it is funny that every one is complaining here, when they said that FSD was finished, no one complained, and that was before Aurora even came out. then almost a year later we got the first beta release of aurora, which has grown in to what we run today. The thing that I think that most people are missing are that fun new features, like adding a full scripting language to aurora, which gives the user more control of their dash is not an easy thing to do. Also, did everyone forget about Nova, the other project that goes along with this? between the 2 projects, the major changes to the code, the new plugins, etc, there is a lot of work to be done, then the Bug testing. Product development is a time consuming process. It took 3d realms over 10 years to release the sequel  to Duke Nukem 3D, just because when ever they got somewhere the technology would change, and their game would need to be reworked, then have the bugs fixed. Samething happened with starwars battle front 3, and that was dropped, and replaced with the new BattleFront. And if you think that is bad, these guys are a hand full of coders online, those had teams dedicated to them 40 hours a week. Just something to think about.

I dont think so. I think they know exactly what they are doing, and they are already developing for years on that machine.

When we look into the amount of the features and previews, you don't think that there are thousands of bugs to fix.

There were rather long holds and pauses.

Its just my feel and i think thats natural when you work with a really small team who have different working times and private life issues.

Well whatever the problem be.. The real question is why cant we be patient!?

In the current version we have everything useful we need.. We got everything needed and the basic requirements..

My view is next versions will be just refinements and making it look sleek.. And introducing new features that we have never seen before..

Let them take their time.. Its not we are paying for it.. People have more stuff to focus on/take care of other than this..

• Like 1

I dont think so. I think they know exactly what they are doing, and they are already developing for years on that machine.

When we look into the amount of the features and previews, you don't think that there are thousands of bugs to fix.

There were rather long holds and pauses.

Its just my feel and i think thats natural when you work with a really small team who have different working times and private life issues.

You're missing the point, a full dev team for a game consists of hundreds of people, even thousands in some cases, and they work 40+ hours per week on it...

Compare that to Aurora, we are less then 10 and we're NOT doing 40+ hours / week... you don't think there could be bugs we've found due to some changes we've made to add these new features? Not to mention the scripting support (Utility Scripts) which contain ALOT more functionality then previous scripting... Also, not all of us are experts in everything, sometimes fixing a bug is hard for one of us but easy for another, we've got families, work etc. That's far more important then Aurora, the way you talk it makes me feel like you think it's all a walk in the park, and that we somehow owe you our full attention & dedication 24/7...

We're a small homebrew development team doing this project because we like it/have fun doing it...

Nobody said there are thousands of bugs to fix... we're just saying there are alot of bugs to fix AND alot of things to check... and, like i explained above, some bugs arw harder to fix for some of us then they are for others...

Just be patient and don't complain about us taking our time to do this... we release this when we feel it's ready... that's not going to be any time sooner then we decide ourselves, and complaining about the time it takes only makes it worse, maybe we decide to not release any future versions due to all complaints? Who likes that?

With that said, please drop any discussions as to how we're managing the releases etc. It's our project, our choice... be patient and be happy with what you already have

Sent from my SM-G903F

I'd rather see small incremental releases with ONE feature added at a time instead of the long wait, but that's just me, everyone else has moved on to ps4 and xbox one

• Like 2

I still dont think its the bugs that are the main reason for that major delay.

There is a huge miss on your process optimization. Just because you are a small group of developers it doesnt mean you dont have to optimze the process of development.

The smaller updates are a good idea. That would be an analysis step for a process optimization. ;)

I hope you are strong enough for many complaints ahead. Thats homebrew, and you know it, and all like it.

I hope you are strong enough for many complaints ahead. Thats homebrew, and you know it, and all like it.

The homebrew scene isnt about the complaints from the users of the app, the homebrew community is a group of like minded hackers, then there are the users of the homebrew community. The users are the ones that are complaining about updates, and other fun things. It is like I said in my last post, when FSD was finished no one complained, or expected aurora, then there was Aurora, and people thought that it was cool. No one demanded updates on the new project. From the user point of view, this new version is taking longer to work out the bugs on, or so it would appear, but also has a bunch of features that were never implemented on the 360 before, utility scripts, which could cause all sorts of unknown issues later down the line. 

• Like 2

Yeah, and there are reasons for the complaints which you appearently don't see or accept.

Anyway, let us skip this now.

• Like 1

Yeah, and there are reasons for the complaints which you appearently don't see or accept.

Anyway, let us skip this now.

I have not heard a single complaint that didnt revolve around the same issue...... IMPATIENCE.  The only other issue I have read about, which is reported fixed, for the next release, revolved around an issue with connectX on multiple consoles, and it only working on the first one that connected to the server. Other than that, I cant see any reason why we currently would need an update to the software, as is it creates a fast and easy game launcher, and file manager, and gives you a way to play online without having to pay an arm and a leg for stealth services. and that is the basics of it, dont forget about the trainers, also. so for the most part it does everything you need. 

• Like 2

I have not heard a single complaint that didnt revolve around the same issue...... IMPATIENCE. The only other issue I have read about, which is reported fixed, for the next release, revolved around an issue with connectX on multiple consoles, and it only working on the first one that connected to the server. Other than that, I cant see any reason why we currently would need an update to the software, as is it creates a fast and easy game launcher, and file manager, and gives you a way to play online without having to pay an arm and a leg for stealth services. and that is the basics of it, dont forget about the trainers, also. so for the most part it does everything you need.

Lets not forget the rom autolaunch feature.. lol.. i honestly can wait for the fixes, as i dont use connectX, there isnt a need to rush out another version as like you said.. most of the stuff works flawless as is.. it will be nice to see how well the scripting stuff works tho..
  • Like 2

can't believe i had to make an account just to make this post but i will haha.

Firstly thank you to the aurora dev team, SOME OF us, obviously a small percentage understand the struggles undertaking a project like this, as well as doing it in your spare time, if you even get donations i understand even that is insignificant and you very well cant live off that.  heres a tip everyone, want to know when it will be ready?  check the settings menu, and look for an update there, if its not there, ITS NOT DONE.  Personally, i cant understand why people would demand a release date, your current product works JUST fine.  chances are your all pirating anyways so your getting free fucking games as well on top of a FREE dash of your choosing, so take a few steps back, in all honesty it does not hurt to ask for progress for sure, but this much is insane.  your asking for updates on a project thats about a year old, 1 week after he makes a statement.  FFS people...READ, look 2 forum posts up, theres your answer, STOP ASKING EVERY DAY FOR UPDATES, its nuts.  i personally come here and JUST look at Swizzys posts, cause thats all i care about.  but you dont see me asking a million times where it is, cause i know how to read.  im already in so much debt to this man and his team now for producing an already stellar product, and im excited for the update myself, but obviously in a different way.  BE MORE UNDERSTANDING, its fucking free, this isnt mcdonalds where you expect your crap to be fast and taste good.  its a godamn mod scene, they release stuff for your enjoyment free of cost, you kiss there godamn asses for it.

Much love to your team swizzy, hopefully it does get done soon, but at this point, at least for your own sanity. I respect what you do, and am in no rush, better working than broken man.  take care

• Like 3