RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.6b

once the tu is cached/backed up, it can be deleted from the content folder or where ever it was first placed & scanned, right?

Yes, Aurora will put it back when you launch the game (so it's used) if it's enabled

Sent from my SM-G903F

How is the ftp ( via wi-fi ) speed, comapred to Aurora 5b, because FSD gives me better speed on the same task, like 2-3 MB/s more?

Hey guys,

My question to FTP thread: how much (maximum) simultaneous FTP transfers does Aurora support? I use Filezilla as FTP client, but can't copy any game using more than just 1 transfer. Otherwise Aurora kicks me out and blocks FTP access for some time period. Is there a way to fix it?

Hey guys,

My question to FTP thread: how much (maximum) simultaneous FTP transfers does Aurora support? I use Filezilla as FTP client, but can't copy any game using more than just 1 transfer. Otherwise Aurora kicks me out and blocks FTP access for some time period. Is there a way to fix it?

Yes, set it to only do 1 transfer at a time in filezilla settings...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Yes, set it to only do 1 transfer at a time in filezilla settings...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Got it. Is there any chance to make us able to do more than 1 transfer in 0.6b?

Got it. Is there any chance to make us able to do more than 1 transfer in 0.6b?

Nope

Sent from my SM-G903F

Nope

Sent from my SM-G903F

What's the reason of such strict limits?

What's the reason of such strict limits?

0.6b is feature locked, and i'm pretty sure the issue is that you're using wifi... wired should work fine, regardless, the only time you'll see a benefit in doing multiple transfers at the same time is if you have a large amount of very small files...

Sent from my SM-G903F

0.6b is feature locked, and i'm pretty sure the issue is that you're using wifi... wired should work fine, regardless, the only time you'll see a benefit in doing multiple transfers at the same time is if you have a large amount of very small files...

Sent from my SM-G903F

You're right - I'm on WiFi and use multiple transfers to make process a little faster... 

You're right - I'm on WiFi and use multiple transfers to make process a little faster...

You're actually making it slower unless the files are all small, hell, even using wifi is a bad choice for speed, go with Wired and you'll have maximum speeds...

You're actually making it slower unless the files are all large, hell, even using wifi is a bad choice for speed, go with Wired and you'll have maximum speeds...

Yeah, but switch to wired connection to copy few games and switch back to WiFi any time I'm going to bring new game for myself of for kids is terrible idea :D Well, I still can use external drive for this purpose.

• Like 2

It is currently in the final stages of testing...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Swizzy your commitment to this forum is unmatched

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great work to everyone involved :D

Swizzy mentioned that a script could possibly be written for 0.6b that would make it easy to clone a drive and retain Aurora's assets on another console. This would be extremely handy if it's possible.

This is just me, but after reading back a few pages I feel the need to share with you all where I'm at...

The "scene" may be dying down, but I have not lost interest in it. I was an Xbox guy until the JTAG hack came along. I will continue to use my RGH until someone cracks the Xbox One (inevitable, I'm sure). So, since that date seems far off, I won't be purchasing an Xbox One for a while. I'll be sticking with my 360, even though I am not at the point where I as a 360 user am considered "less than" in the gaming community.

A previous posted mentioned donating to keep xboxunity alive...I agree that's a great idea. That's something I don't want to see go away anytime soon. I think I'll google, but anyone want to save me the googling?

As to Aurora 0.6...I personally have wrapped my head around the fact that it isn't coming. I have guesses as to reasons, but they're only speculation so I won't share said guesses. But, this is alright, I guess. Aurora 0.5 is working just fine. I've been using it for something like three or four years now, and I can count on one hand the problems I've had with it in that time. I can live with sticking with 0.5 until someone cracks the Xbox One and opens up a whole new generation of homebrew.

• Like 1

With an already available online NES emulator and a $10 N64 Emulator available for xbox one. Im surprised no one has looked into getting xbone hacked via these.

The emulator is able to load ROMS. If it could load roms then I dont see why it couldnt load other things? :) Just saying. . :)

With an already available online NES emulator and a $10 N64 Emulator available for xbox one. Im surprised no one has looked into getting xbone hacked via these.

The emulator is able to load ROMS. If it could load roms then I dont see why it couldnt load other things? :) Just saying. . :)

For starters, Awesome news on the emulator on the xbox one. That being said, all UWP apps run in a virtual machine, and have no real way to access the hardware fully like xbox one games. so the homebrew could be decent, but you cant take advantage of the hardware like a game dev can with the SDK for the xbox one.

• Like 1

For starters, Awesome news on the emulator on the xbox one. That being said, all UWP apps run in a virtual machine, and have no real way to access the hardware fully like xbox one games. so the homebrew could be decent, but you cant take advantage of the hardware like a game dev can with the SDK for the xbox one.

Not to mention the fact that you can't put an exploit in these apps as you give microsoft everything they need to go after you, and they have to approve your app before it can be "sold" (run by the general public) you can run them in dev mode, but... that's it... a dev mode, it reboots to a separate kernel and don't have access to the "normal" kernel, believe me, someone has tried ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

The Xbox One was building from ground up, with a big view of virtualisation, more than as Xbox 360. There is a interesting interview, with two of the Xbox One system architects about the Development process, on Eurogamer.net.

Been out of the scene for a hella long time (Since just before/after? FSD3), Now we have a new dash :) Iv notice its been a year since this update was announced.. Is this dash still being worked on now? Hope it hasnt "kicked the bucked" like FSD (< #1)

It's in the final stages right now, we're starting localizations... which means it's not far now ;)

It's in the final stages right now, we're starting localizations... which means it's not far now ;)

Noice. Thanks for the update Swizzy. Looking forward to some of the feature's listed :) 

Nice news :thumbup: