RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.6b

Nice job but do u a release data???

When it's finished... how hard is this to understand?

can you add web browser to the next update  that will be good  :thumbup:

I wouldnt hold my breath. You could always try to port one to the 360, then release it as opensource, and then maybe they might include it.

I wouldnt hold my breath. You could always try to port one to the 360, then release it as opensource, and then maybe they might include it.

Highly unlikely that we ever will add a web browser to Aurora tbh, little to no point in doing so

Sent from my SM-G903F

well

after 1.5 year no real news , i think is no 0.6 or futur update ,and the joke :the man make some money and bye bye ( why make he own site with systeme donate if is not for money ), with new xbox one and ps4 and no support for old gen , i don't care by banne,

and at the end for people her will be wait for lonnnnnng time maybe 10 years , good luck

well after 1.5 year no real news , i think is no 0.6 or futur update ,and the joke :the man make some money and bye bye ( why make he own site with systeme donate if is not for money ), with new xbox one and ps4 and no support for old gen , i don't care by banne, and at the end for people her will be wait for lonnnnnng time maybe 10 years , good luck

You're just ungrateful, the update is coming, we're just not entirely sure WHEN exactly, as we're in testing atm and most of us don't have the time to put into this anymore, we do NOT make alot of money from this, infact, most of the donations go into server costs, do you think they're free?

well after 1.5 year no real news , i think is no 0.6 or futur update ,and the joke :the man make some money and bye bye ( why make he own site with systeme donate if is not for money ), with new xbox one and ps4 and no support for old gen , i don't care by banne, and at the end for people her will be wait for lonnnnnng time maybe 10 years , good luck

If you just had payed more attention in English class ;-) and your wining will not help the developers to get more motivated, so just wait and shut up!

• Like 1

be happy with what you have, it works.  I'm not going to hold my breath for an update, blue isn't a good color on me.  sure, the mods are working on it, when they feel like it.  I'm sure the 'crew' has seriously dwindled from what it was back in the day, probably only 2 or 3 people actively working on this, when they feel like it.  IMO, this project is not a priority to anyone and will get done when and if it gets done, I'm sure a lot of people have moved on to other things

• Like 1

be happy with what you have, it works. I'm not going to hold my breath for an update, blue isn't a good color on me. sure, the mods are working on it, when they feel like it. I'm sure the 'crew' has seriously dwindled from what it was back in the day, probably only 2 or 3 people actively working on this, when they feel like it. IMO, this project is not a priority to anyone and will get done when and if it gets done, I'm sure a lot of people have moved on to other things

^^^^ 100% truth.. nothing personal to anyone.. but yeah.. the "interest" of the project has dropped, or more accurately the scene has dropped drastically.. there are alot of great ideas, but the interest to do more is basically lacking..
  • Like 3

^^^^ 100% truth.. nothing personal to anyone.. but yeah.. the "interest" of the project has dropped, or more accurately the scene has dropped drastically.. there are alot of great ideas, but the interest to do more is basically lacking..

dude, the console is more than 10 years old, ofc the scene is dying. I believe its a good thing it lasted this long. Once the xbox one/ps4 run unsigned code we will.. uh wait they are PCs.... 

I hope the power pc returns again somehow... 

dude, the console is more than 10 years old, ofc the scene is dying. I believe its a good thing it lasted this long. Once the xbox one/ps4 run unsigned code we will.. uh wait they are PCs....

I hope the power pc returns again somehow...

The xb1 can run unsigned code.. its called dev mode, doesnt require a chip, and is free.. you cant just get free games ;-)

And the console being 10 years old.. haha the saturn(i believe) just got hacked.. to run games from usb, lol.. the age of the system doesnt matter.. the xb360 is powerful enough to run ps1, psp, n64, ect.. the "interest" to fix em to be better is non-existant.. due to either lack of programming knowledge, people just getting burned out, ect.. and fyi, emulators are STILL being created/updated for the OG xbox.. honestly.. it would be nice if aurora DID get swapped to opensource, leaving link/nova closed source.. and let the community fork versions, adding features, ect. But yeah.. will 0.6b come out? Yes.. just undetermined at this time, because we aint young-ass people anymore, and have lives/work/family..

it would be nice if aurora DID get swapped to opensource, leaving link/nova closed source.. and let the community fork versions, adding features, ect. But yeah.. will 0.6b come out? Yes.. just undetermined at this time, because we aint young-ass people anymore, and have lives/work/family..

I would actually rather see it the other way around, close aurora source, and open the source for link/nova...... just because there seems to be some interest in porting xbox media center to the xbox, and it would be nice to have the online part span multiple dashboard choices. Just my thoughts. XBMC info found http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=5478&p=69532, and here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5055&p=34266. I get that the guilib is just a piece of Xbox media center but with ced's ffmpeg already ported, it is a big step in the right direction. I get it is buggy at best at the moment, but it shows potential. No point in reinventing the wheel so to speak.

The xb1 can run unsigned code.. its called dev mode, doesnt require a chip, and is free.. you cant just get free games ;-)

Devmode is NOT free, you have to pay for a Microsoft Developer account, which grant you devmode activation on 3 or 5 systems (depending on which type of account you have)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Devmode stuff runs in a Sandbox. You don't have directly access to Hardware like JTAG/RGH/SDK (Xell). For random access memory, you can only access 1 GB Ram in DevMode. Its like the Hobby NXE from Xbox 360.

• Like 1

Devmode is NOT free, you have to pay for a Microsoft Developer account, which grant you devmode activation on 3 or 5 systems (depending on which type of account you have)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Yeah $20 for a legit, non-bannable account.. versus $40k for a title update.. lol.. compared to that hefty price tag.. yeah one can say its free haha

Edit: Not to mention, that you can actually sell your app on xb1

• Like 1

who play xbox1 game in 2016 ?

i have pc now and i have xbox 360/and ps3 with all most games in both 1to disk but i don't remember the last time i have use it .

and the xbox modding is daying faster then ps3 or is dead

now with ps4 pro and xbox scorpion the price of ps4/one will down

who play xbox1 game in 2016 ?

I do...... There were some awesome games on the OG Xbox. Starwars BattleFront 1/2, Halo 1/2, KotOR 1/2, Splinter Cell, Black, Mercenaries, leisure suit larry, DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball, NFS Underground, GTA3/GTA Vice City, etc.(Could Keep going, But I think you get the idea.) I also still play old nintendo/SNES/Genisis/GB games. Just because the graphics arent as good, dont discount the games. Alot of the old games are harder then the new games, which seem to get more time spent on graphics development, than gameplay, and story development. Now the online aspect of newer games is usually better, but still. it is like I prefer old mario to new mario, the original Doom compared to Doom 3, RTCW vs the New Order, or Wolfenstein from 2009. I could keep going, but I have been playing video games my whole life, and in my experience, I have found that graphics get better and gameplay/storylines fall short. What happend to a good old MUD. Also prefer the original Zelda games over anything they have put out in the last 15 years in that series. After OOT that franchise started falling short. Dont even get me started on Windwaker, with its cartoon like graphics, and magic song wand. and Twilight Princess, which was probably my favorite after OOT, still fell short in my opinion. then there was Majoras mask, which was downright annoying with the constant day resets......

That being said, If you are going to appreciate Video Games, you have to appreciate the history, and previous game/systems(Old gaming systems/Coin OPs.) End of Rant..... that being said this is now completely off topic of this thread, so I will leave it at that.

• Like 5

I just got done reading almost all of the posts in this thread, dating back to early 2015.  I must say, I'm still hopeful, but feeling disappointed. 

I started building my 360 collection back in the summer of 2006.  Up until May 2016, I had never ventured into the RGH realm.  After amassing almost 600 titles, I thought it would be an ideal way to "showcase" my collection.  Upon hearing that FSD had met it's demise, I was very happy to learn of Aurora.  I have spent the last four+ months converting my entire DVD based collection to a total of (3) 2TB HDD's, adding additional titles along the way for a total of 1106 Xbox 360 games and 652 XBLA games.  I have covers (thanks to Aurora) for every game, and installed TU's to each USB drive as well.  I even bought a Samsung 250GB external SSD loaded with 80+ of my favorites to prevent wear and tear on the Western Digital HDD's.  I am VERY impressed with Aurora 0.5b, and from what I've read about 0.6b, feel that I could find myself in an even better situation with it's release.  I really hope that the team hasn't lost enthusiasm for the project, as I haven't even bought an Xbox One or PS4 yet, because there are still a LOT of 360 games that I intend to finish.  IMO, the 360 may turn out to be the last great moddable system.  Let's face it, the Xbox One has been out for over two years and no real hack has been performed on it as of yet.  In addition, when the One first came out, websites were showing side by side comparisons to the 360 equivalents, because there was no significant difference in the quality of the games.  More specific programming to the system has widened that gap as of late, but it just goes to show that the One was not a quantum leap over the 360 like the 360 was over the original Xbox.  We're getting into the "law of diminishing returns" with these later systems.  Although impressive, they're just not "that much better".  I was born in the 70's and first got hooked on gaming with the Atari 2600, then the Colecovision, Commodore and Atari computers, Sega Genesis, etc.  Even though I'm older now, I love seeing the incremental improvements made year after year.  Everything else in society seems to get worse as time goes on, but you can always count on technology to continue improving.  I'd hate to see Aurora not follow the same path.  Swizzy has responded to a couple of my posts mentioning that 0.6b will address the issues I've dealt with, and that alone has me eagerly anticipating it's release.  It pains me to read the posts where people get demanding or God forbid, even insulting.  The fact that the team is providing this awesome software and the servers to unify it all at no charge other than voluntary donations gives everyone zero substantiation to gripe about anything.  We are, in effect, beggars here and not choosers.  I understand this, and for that reason, will not be asking when it's going to be released, only stating that I am very appreciative of the efforts that go on behind the scenes and really hope that the developers remain passionate about the project.  A friend of mine I grew up with, who now lives back east, is coming out next week and I plan to show him my Aurora project, as I know he'll appreciate it.  I think it's awesome from being able to rotate the covers, to the snapshots and trailers, to the integrated title updates, etc.  With the collection I built, I literally could never buy another system and have enough entertainment to last me the rest of my life.  Given my affinity for technology, I'll jump into the One possibly this Christmas season, but my 360 will definitely not be ignored.  It's that good.

• Like 4

I just got done reading almost all of the posts in this thread, dating back to early 2015.  I must say, I'm still hopeful, but feeling disappointed. 

I started building my 360 collection back in the summer of 2006.  Up until May 2016, I had never ventured into the RGH realm.  After amassing almost 600 titles, I thought it would be an ideal way to "showcase" my collection.  Upon hearing that FSD had met it's demise, I was very happy to learn of Aurora.  I have spent the last four+ months converting my entire DVD based collection to a total of (3) 2TB HDD's, adding additional titles along the way for a total of 1106 Xbox 360 games and 652 XBLA games.  I have covers (thanks to Aurora) for every game, and installed TU's to each USB drive as well.  I even bought a Samsung 250GB external SSD loaded with 80+ of my favorites to prevent wear and tear on the Western Digital HDD's.  I am VERY impressed with Aurora 0.5b, and from what I've read about 0.6b, feel that I could find myself in an even better situation with it's release.  I really hope that the team hasn't lost enthusiasm for the project, as I haven't even bought an Xbox One or PS4 yet, because there are still a LOT of 360 games that I intend to finish.  IMO, the 360 may turn out to be the last great moddable system.  Let's face it, the Xbox One has been out for over two years and no real hack has been performed on it as of yet.  In addition, when the One first came out, websites were showing side by side comparisons to the 360 equivalents, because there was no significant difference in the quality of the games.  More specific programming to the system has widened that gap as of late, but it just goes to show that the One was not a quantum leap over the 360 like the 360 was over the original Xbox.  We're getting into the "law of diminishing returns" with these later systems.  Although impressive, they're just not "that much better".  I was born in the 70's and first got hooked on gaming with the Atari 2600, then the Colecovision, Commodore and Atari computers, Sega Genesis, etc.  Even though I'm older now, I love seeing the incremental improvements made year after year.  Everything else in society seems to get worse as time goes on, but you can always count on technology to continue improving.  I'd hate to see Aurora not follow the same path.  Swizzy has responded to a couple of my posts mentioning that 0.6b will address the issues I've dealt with, and that alone has me eagerly anticipating it's release.  It pains me to read the posts where people get demanding or God forbid, even insulting.  The fact that the team is providing this awesome software and the servers to unify it all at no charge other than voluntary donations gives everyone zero substantiation to gripe about anything.  We are, in effect, beggars here and not choosers.  I understand this, and for that reason, will not be asking when it's going to be released, only stating that I am very appreciative of the efforts that go on behind the scenes and really hope that the developers remain passionate about the project.  A friend of mine I grew up with, who now lives back east, is coming out next week and I plan to show him my Aurora project, as I know he'll appreciate it.  I think it's awesome from being able to rotate the covers, to the snapshots and trailers, to the integrated title updates, etc.  With the collection I built, I literally could never buy another system and have enough entertainment to last me the rest of my life.  Given my affinity for technology, I'll jump into the One possibly this Christmas season, but my 360 will definitely not be ignored.  It's that good.

Yyou do realize, that it wasnt until 2009 before jtag hack was found? that is 4+ years before any serious mod came out for the 360. dont discount the xbox one yet. Also untiil recently the sega saturn hadnt been hacked. that is like 20 years later almost. just some perspective.

• Like 2

Yes, I was aware of the timeline, but I think part of the reason that it took that long was due to the fact that everyone had the dvd firmware mod to eliminate the pressing need for a more advanced mod. Microsoft took such a beating with the 360 hacks that they've really upped their game with the One. I hear nothing from Commodore4eva these days, which has me doubtful. I think that if the DVD mod hadn't been developed for the 360, we would have seen JTAG or RGH hacks much sooner.

Back to the topic at hand, can I ask if 0 6b is still being actively worked on?

Yes, I was aware of the timeline, but I think part of the reason that it took that long was due to the fact that everyone had the dvd firmware mod to eliminate the pressing need for a more advanced mod. Microsoft took such a beating with the 360 hacks that they've really upped their game with the One. I hear nothing from Commodore4eva these days, which has me doubtful. I think that if the DVD mod hadn't been developed for the 360, we would have seen JTAG or RGH hacks much sooner.

Back to the topic at hand, can I ask if 0 6b is still being actively worked on?

It is currently in the final stages of testing...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I hope the output of this new version promises many new features.

It would be nice if to download this Aurora TU not recopy in its internal folder and so to reclaim space on the HDD. So space is gained to save more games.

It would be nice if to download this Aurora TU not recopy in its internal folder and so to reclaim space on the HDD. So space is gained to save more games.

It would take up more space to add a tu on top of the files that are already there. :( The way it is done replaces the files that need to be replaced, and then updates the DB with the information for the new features. All in all, if you ask me it should stay the way it is. They do TUs for games, as it costs more money to rebuy a game that has the TU built in, as this would require a new disc.

once the tu is cached/backed up, it can be deleted from the content folder or where ever it was first placed & scanned, right?