RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.6b

and still waiting... :huh:

If you cant wait more..then make your own dashboard ;)

• Like 3

Is there an estimated release date yet or at least an update on the situation of the new version?

........ Before you say the usual 'when it's ready' - Swizzy ;-)

I think we've all been really patient and it would be good and I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you kept your eager followers in the loop.

Cheers ðŸ‘

Is there an estimated release date yet or at least an update on the situation of the new version?

I think we've all been really patient and it would be good and I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you kept your eager followers in the loop.

Cheers

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6997-a-lil-somethin-somethin-about-aurora-06b/

Here is an update given by Mattie.. Of what features will be there and the remaining stuff..

• Like 2

Cheers

honestly, it WILL be released when the team thinks it's ready.. and not one second before.. Swizzy has been kind enough to deal with the people asking the same pointless questions, that have been asked 1000's of times already.. if you can't wait for the team to finish.. create your own damn dash..

• Like 2

honestly, it WILL be released when the team thinks it's ready.. and not one second before.. Swizzy has been kind enough to deal with the people asking the same pointless questions, that have been asked 1000's of times already.. if you can't wait for the team to finish.. create your own damn dash..

Indeed, it's a pointless question, when we have something to share about it, we will...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I remember a time when releases were delayed, just because people kept asking for them. Seems so long ago. lol ;)

That was tx.. as well as stupid.. and pompus asses.. for products that half worked.. just saying i pissed alot $$ to them.. god i hope the peeps here dont start that shit.. matter of fact.. im just fucking thru with that simple threat

x360 is pretty much dead, as is aurora imo, I mean look at it, it's at v0.6b, do you honestly think it'll even get out of beta?  freestyle dash never did and we were promised all kinds of updates/features for that as well.  It (aurora/fsd) works and lets you play your games as well as 'emulate' xbox live for multi-player games.  As swizzy said, if you want something better, go code your own, you'd stand a better chance at something 'new' instead of waiting for the update for aurora.  All of this is only one reason I left the FSD scene.  Just my $0.02, take it for what it's worth

• Like 1

Well, it's not doing xbl, just private vpn tailored for xbox 360

Sent from my SM-G903F

That was tx.. as well as stupid.. and pompus asses.. for products that half worked.. just saying i pissed alot $$ to them.. god i hope the peeps here dont start that shit.. matter of fact.. im just fucking thru with that simple threat

I know TX did it, as I had to wait like an extra 2 weeks for r-jtag, but it was worth it in the end. lol. I could have sworn it was done here with both previous aurora, and FSD releases. 

x360 is pretty much dead, as is aurora imo, I mean look at it, it's at v0.6b, do you honestly think it'll even get out of beta? 

No, I dont expect it to get out of beta, but I dont think the devs are done with it, or nova quite yet either. Could be wrong, but any thing that is getting features added to it constantly will stay in beta, as it will constantly be changing, and all. Now I am surprised that there was never a "Stable" non-beta release, so people could choose stable, or bleeding edge.(Like some versions of linux do, gentoo for instance give you the option to allow installing versions of packages that havnt been thoroughly tested by the gentoo devs, if you tell portage to allow it, if not it results to the last stable version.) As far as the scene being dead, it is only that way, because there isnt much more you can do. :( New dashboards are great, but as it is everything has been done. We have decent emulators for most systems, we have a few choices for dashboards, we have Link, and Stealth options, and we have trainers. Now all we need in Chrome, so we can watch youtube, hulu and netflix without stealth, and better video codecs, but with xmplayer, that has been done. You can also use serviio if you want to stream music and video to your rgh, and not have to worry about codecs. Long story short the basics are done, so now it is a matter of giving the devs time to finish what they are woking on and get it to the public.

I know TX did it, as I had to wait like an extra 2 weeks for r-jtag, but it was worth it in the end. lol. I could have sworn it was done here with both previous aurora, and FSD releases. 

what's funny is how 15432 (sorry if i mistyped his name) is from russia, one of the most oppressed countries when it comes to info/the net, but he posted everything for free.. RGH1.2, ect. that worked with damn near EVERY chip out there..

but pompus asses such as TX do the stupid crap like they did.. i honestly dont remember IF fsd was like that(i just waited patiently and quietly).. but from seeing aurora releases, they came when they were ready, and not postponed due to some douche asking for ETA.. by all means.. it IS up to team phoenix to release when they see fit.. im not asking for an ETA, im not asking for anything.. and have helped try to limit the "retarded" posts asking.. but seriously.. if it turns out like that.. i will just be done.. i barely use my 360 anymore anyhow.. but i am a firm believer info should be free.. hence why i made the tuts and everything i did.. i didnt have to, i didnt say "ask again and it will be longer" or anything like that.. 

just sad how "SOME" people think they are entitled to act like that for no reason.. TX products honestly havent changed much.. by all means, take a multimeter and check rev-c to cr4xl.. the only REAL difference is the software ON the chip.. and half the time some of the chips didnt work at all..

We ask the devs to release the new update too many times instead of saying thanks so : THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR LIVES TO DO STH MOST OF US DON'T EVEN APPRECIATE GIVE YOUR FAMILIES AND ACTUAL LIVES MORE TIME CAUSE THEY DESERVE IT if there were no more updates for aurora I would be content we have pretty much all we can ask for already

• Like 1

No, I dont expect it to get out of beta, but I dont think the devs are done with it, or nova quite yet either. Could be wrong, but any thing that is getting features added to it constantly will stay in beta, as it will constantly be changing, and all. Now I am surprised that there was never a "Stable" non-beta release, so people could choose stable, or bleeding edge.(Like some versions of linux do, gentoo for instance give you the option to allow installing versions of packages that havnt been thoroughly tested by the gentoo devs, if you tell portage to allow it, if not it results to the last stable version.) As far as the scene being dead, it is only that way, because there isnt much more you can do. :( New dashboards are great, but as it is everything has been done. We have decent emulators for most systems, we have a few choices for dashboards, we have Link, and Stealth options, and we have trainers. Now all we need in Chrome, so we can watch youtube, hulu and netflix without stealth, and better video codecs, but with xmplayer, that has been done. You can also use serviio if you want to stream music and video to your rgh, and not have to worry about codecs. Long story short the basics are done, so now it is a matter of giving the devs time to finish what they are woking on and get it to the public.

We never delayed releases because people were nagging. It has been said a few times, but the real reasons have always been that it wasnt done yet. When it's done, it gets released.

As for the beta, well, way back when we started, we planned a simple dash, 2 or 3 beta's and a version 1 to be done with it... now we just kept adding features. I think most of the Aurora beta's have been more stable than any FSD release was. Maintaining a stable and a beta will just be too much work. 0.6b will have some features that will be a little bit more buggy, but everything that already was in 0.5b will be as stable or better in 0.6b.

We ask the devs to release the new update too many times instead of saying thanks so : THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR LIVES TO DO STH MOST OF US DON'T EVEN APPRECIATE GIVE YOUR FAMILIES AND ACTUAL LIVES MORE TIME CAUSE THEY DESERVE IT if there were no more updates for aurora I would be content we have pretty much all we can ask for already

well you are still getting an update anyway!

Anyway, thanks a lot for these comments, we really appreciate it!

That's fine.

It is obvious that you, the Developers ran into (private) issues.

In general, people deal with expectation, when they see these kind of "Update Information". It's been really unusual for the last announcement.

When you look at the thread, it shows many features, that are being developed. We don't know if these are concept screenshots or something, but it looks like" the release is really getting closer". We would assume, 40-60% is done. If there wasn't problems or you had enough time, it would already be finished. But it's fine, we respect that.

For me personally, i would decide to publish Update Information, when the Work is done 70%, so i would be sure, after the announcement, the release would be around 1-2 Months in future.

The second information thread was in my opinion after many months too late, if you ask me. People started to worry and you know consumers. They start to hate. As a developer you know better, you have to decide when you get into trouble, but i wished a little quicker. Swizzy was active on its own enough tho. :D

Just my 2 Cents for the current situation, maybe it can be done better next time. (i hope there will be a next time).

Hey All

I would like to say thank you for all the hard work across all aspects of the 360 scene. Not sure why all the push as people keep saying there is nothing left to be done and the scene is dead, why keep asking for updates?

For me it's not "dead" as when you have young kids, they don't care that pacman was out in the 80's as long as I can get it to work so for me its important to be able to keep my kids entertained while away from school and we're stuck inside because the weather is crap and too cold at the same time given them the experience of how a console should work

Without Aurora, n00bs like me wouldn't have a clue on how to do this and that, I never really played with FSD as this is how late I got my RGH. I do hope this is not dead and I look forward to testing any beta releases as 0.5b has been rock solid for me now nearly for 12mths on..

I still don't do half as much as people on here with there console and it's great to be able to trial titles that would sometimes be out of reach for people like me who try to run a large family

So again, thanks heaps DEVS and other contributors, u guys truly ROCK and I'm sure we'll enjoy what comes next..

PEACE

Kosti

• Like 2

I legitimately don't understand why users asking the coders for updates is such an offensive question. Seriously, I don't.

It isn't offensive; it is complimentary.

Think about it: if the coders of Aurora 5 did a bad job, or of few liked the product, then no one would be here asking for updates. It is a compliment to how well 5 turned out, as well as a compliment to the plans that were publicly outlayed for 6, that built such anticipation in this community. I'm reasonably certain there are coders out there who would LOVE this sort of demand for their forthcoming release.

I'd like to suggest to the Aurora coders, and everyone else here, that they keep the reaction to the product in its proper perspective.

I totally get that the devs are doing this for free in their spare time, and that don't owe us anything. I'm not arguing that point at all. I myself was willing to be patient for the first few months. I was previously quoted as saying that 5 was working fine, and that being the case I was in no big hurry for 6. In fact, this is the first time in at least four months I personally have come here looking for some sort of update.That being said, there was first mention of version 6 at least way back last October, over 10 months ago as I type this. After this much time has passed, maybe you could say something other than "when its ready"? Maybe not even an ETA, but where you're at? What part of it you're working on? A screenshot? Something?

EDIT: I just found this link...

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6997-a-lil-somethin-somethin-about-aurora-06b/

Better than nothing, I guess. But, I'd still like to suggest a "check-in", something like "here's where we're at" maybe every month or so? Some sort of blog?

I legitimately don't understand why users asking the coders for updates is such an offensive question. Seriously, I don't.

It isn't offensive; it is complimentary.

Think about it: if the coders of Aurora 5 did a bad job, or of few liked the product, then no one would be here asking for updates. It is a compliment to how well 5 turned out, as well as a compliment to the plans that were publicly outlayed for 6, that built such anticipation in this community. I'm reasonably certain there are coders out there who would LOVE this sort of demand for their forthcoming release.

I'd like to suggest to the Aurora coders that they keep the reaction to their product in its proper perspective.

I totally get that the devs are doing this for free in their spare time, and that don't owe us anything. I'm not arguing that point at all. I myself was willing to be patient for the first few months. I was previously quoted as saying that 5 was working fine, and that being the case I was in no big hurry for 6. In fact, this is the first time in at least four months I personally have come here looking for some sort of update.That being said, there was first mention of version 6 at least way back last October, over 10 months ago as I type this. After this much time has passed, maybe you could say something other than "when its ready"? Maybe not even an ETA, but where you're at? What part of it you're working on? A screenshot? Something?

here i'll give you some insight:

1. apps for PC/MAC/Linux all use stuff that is basically already there in terms of gfx/code/ect.

2. stuff for XB has to be written on a WAY diff language than other than any other platform

3. to top off the coding problems, there isn't an "EASY" way to make the GFX stuff either.. as i know just CHANGING 0.5b skin can be a HUGE pain in the ass.. lol.. even more so something as simple as changing a color scheme takes 1000's of changes..

mix all of this in, and add to people having jobs, family problems, lack of interest(might not be the case), ect, it DOES take time to release something for XB..

EDIT: case-in-point, when ced was coding up his psx emu.. the coding wasn't the problem.. but making GUI/gfx is a huge pain.. then to actually make sure it works with the code, ect.. i purposed something as lil as adding "cheating" support to him, which he did say was VERY EASY, the GUI of it would take too much, and he wasn't willing to do it..

There is no time frame for a release. When it's nearer the time, you can read it on RMS.

Hi!

When come out the newer relase of Aurora? 

Thanks

I'm sorry, but this is f****** ridiculous, if you are actually capable of reading and can click the "press here button" to change pages (as well as finding this page) then you shouldn't have to ask when it's coming out. SO STOP ASKING! I'm going to put this in nice big fat letters for the dumb & foolish. (If they can't read it, holy s***!)

AURORA 0.6B ISN'T READY YET! THE MORE YOU ASK, THE LONGER ALL OF YOU (US INCLUDING) HAVE TO WAIT. WANT IT RELEASED FASTER? STOP ASKING & BE PATIENT. GO OUTSIDE FOR CHRIST SAKE! READ A BOOK, WATCH TV, ETC. PLAY THIS IN YOUR HEAD ON REPEAT, "HEY IS IT READY YET?" DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR? YOU'RE ALL LIKE CHILDREN ASKING YOUR PARENTS "IF YOU'RE THERE YET" AURORA WILL BE DONE WHEN YOU STOP. ANYONE YOU KNOW THAT KNOWS OF THE SCENE, TELL THEM THE SAME THING WE'RE TELLING YOU: IT'S NOT READY, WE DON'T KNOW WHEN. THE DEV TEAM ARE NOT MINDLESS ROBOTS, THEY ARE NORMAL PEOPLE WITH NORMAL ISSUES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AT HOME! SO STOP ASKING, AND JUST MOVE ALONG

I'm sorry, but I had to get that out of me. I'm not even part of the dev team, and it's was annoying the hell out of me. But seriously, all of you need to be patient. From now on, ANY comment similar to the one above, I'll report as spam. Though I'm not on RMS alot. I still do what I can to help. It just seems like all people do is hear about Aurora, finding out it's home (RMS) and creating an account just to ask when it'll come out. Like it's some game or something. I mean geeze! You've got eyes, you "should" know how to use them, please do so. And so I'm going to end this post with a big thank you...

Phoenix, Aurora Dev Team, and Everyone Else Who Is Part of It:

Thank you so much for sacrificing your time and sanity into making this dashboard for us (the ones who are appreciative) You've done so much for nothing in gain, yet you still make content for us. I say again, THANK YOU!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2